Savic and his all round game

Rags still out in force I see.

What was Kompany like at 20 with a handful of games behind him

the blue panther said:
Lucky Toma said:
Sorry BP but I disagree with virtually all of that mate.

I genuinely believe that Savic could become an awesome prospect - look at all the hyperbole surrounding Jones at OT and the manner in which his mistakes are so readily excused by reds and media alike.
Saic deserves the same acclaim and leniency.

As for taking him out of the firing line there is only the Liverpool game left before Vinnie returns and its far better IMO to play Savic against Carroll after he has so recently had 90 mins to closely monitor his movement and playing style.

I can't see what you base that opinion on - there's been no evidence of 'awesomeness' - there was more potential on show with Boyata 18 months ago, and as Plain Speaking said, Onuoha was well thought of at Sunderland - though to my mind, he was always a decent premier league player anyway - who knows what he would have developed into if he'd had the game time extended to Lescott and Kolo Toure - especially in an improving team.
A decent premier league standard is all that we need for the most part; Savic is falling well short of that at the moment. Its all down to opinions, and mine is based on the evidence I see on the pitch which is of a liability, and, as we have a one off game to win at Liverpool in order to get into a cup final, you must give yourself the best chance you can, and not be sentimental by playing somebody who has already shown that he's an accident waiting to happen - again - just to be kind to him. Top level football is no place to be sentimental. I will be very surprised if Mancini goes with him again - if he's the winner we all think he is, he won't do it again. Got to be Richards and Lescott for me, with Zabaleta at right back.
If I was Aguero, Lescott, or any 1st teamer at the moment, I wouldn't want Savic anywhere near a starting place at Anfield. It's no place for the faint hearted, nor for a player lacking in confidence. Lescott may get a 3 match ban for the elbow as Kompany comes back, and maybe Savic will get another chance soon enough when there's a bit less riding on the matches - assuming that we keep winning. We'll see.

I'm bumping what I wrote in this thread on Monday.

Very very disappointed to see that Mancini started him, and that first half performance just showed exactly what I feared, and what was very predictable - a young lad struggling with no confidence, in a big match night time atmosphere at Anfield, shitting himself every time the ball came near him. How he didn't cost us a goal this time I'll never know - maybe that shows how crap Bellamy really is, rather than all the hype I'm hearing and seeing after his "man of the match" performance and "great" goal - to quote Sky and Talk Shyte. Even Dzeko, who looks well below his best at the moment, would have had a chance of looking world class against Savic.

Might as well send Savic back to wherever we got him from and write off the £6m we wasted on him. No one in their right mind would take him on loan after last night's debacle.

the blue panther said:
the blue panther said:
Lucky Toma said:
Sorry BP but I disagree with virtually all of that mate.

I genuinely believe that Savic could become an awesome prospect - look at all the hyperbole surrounding Jones at OT and the manner in which his mistakes are so readily excused by reds and media alike.
Saic deserves the same acclaim and leniency.

As for taking him out of the firing line there is only the Liverpool game left before Vinnie returns and its far better IMO to play Savic against Carroll after he has so recently had 90 mins to closely monitor his movement and playing style.

I can't see what you base that opinion on - there's been no evidence of 'awesomeness' - there was more potential on show with Boyata 18 months ago, and as Plain Speaking said, Onuoha was well thought of at Sunderland - though to my mind, he was always a decent premier league player anyway - who knows what he would have developed into if he'd had the game time extended to Lescott and Kolo Toure - especially in an improving team.
A decent premier league standard is all that we need for the most part; Savic is falling well short of that at the moment. Its all down to opinions, and mine is based on the evidence I see on the pitch which is of a liability, and, as we have a one off game to win at Liverpool in order to get into a cup final, you must give yourself the best chance you can, and not be sentimental by playing somebody who has already shown that he's an accident waiting to happen - again - just to be kind to him. Top level football is no place to be sentimental. I will be very surprised if Mancini goes with him again - if he's the winner we all think he is, he won't do it again. Got to be Richards and Lescott for me, with Zabaleta at right back.
If I was Aguero, Lescott, or any 1st teamer at the moment, I wouldn't want Savic anywhere near a starting place at Anfield. It's no place for the faint hearted, nor for a player lacking in confidence. Lescott may get a 3 match ban for the elbow as Kompany comes back, and maybe Savic will get another chance soon enough when there's a bit less riding on the matches - assuming that we keep winning. We'll see.

Very very disappointed to see that Mancini started him, and that first half performance just showed exactly what I feared, and what was very predictable - a young lad struggling with no confidence, in a big match night time atmosphere at Anfield, shitting himself every time the ball came near him. How he didn't cost us a goal this time I'll never know - maybe that shows how crap Bellamy really is, rather than all the hype I'm hearing and seeing after his "man of the match" performance and "great" goal - to quote Sky and Talk Shyte. Even Dzeko, who looks well below his best at the moment, would have had a chance of looking world class against Savic.

Might as well send Savic back to wherever we got him from and write off the £6m we wasted on him. No one in their right mind would take him on loan after last night's debacle.
Knowledge 0, support 0

Marvin said:
the blue panther said:
the blue panther said:

Knowledge 0, support 0
Your gonna have to expand on that mate seen as you must know something we all dont

I wish Savic was quality, but unfortunately he ain't, there is nothing in his locker and if there was he would lose the fuckin key.

Marvin said:
Rags still out in force I see.

What was Kompany like at 20 with a handful of games behind him
he was big signing for hamburg at the age of 20. After being chased by top european clubs for 3 years. kompany at 17 was well known throughout europe as one of the most talented youngsters in the world. luckily for him he had very strong family around that said he will not move and turned down the likes of united, arsenal and chelsea.

Savic at 19 had 2 week trail at Arsenal and even played reserve game for them. they could have him for 2 million and they turned it down saying he wasnt better than their kids at that stage. Those kids havent made it. And he's at City playing games. Either he has developed beyond recognition, or he's just far from being ready and for all we know may never reach an acceptable level. The simple fact is you cant just give experience to a player. They have to get it the hard way by learning their trades and make silly mistakes. Specially young defenders have alot of mistakes in them. Savic was one for the future and should have been loaned out as soon as he came here to a Championship team and learn his trade in a less pressured environment. But playing at the highest level for a kid thats not ready can really break him and we have to be careful now. Take him out of the team

Kompany at 20:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9aOSoD8vQ[/youtube]

He's very highly rated since youth.

Jumanji said:
Kompany at 20:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9aOSoD8vQ[/youtube]

He's very highly rated since youth.

This is spot on.

Kompany signed for City for £6m at age 22.
Savic signed for City for £6m at age 21.

Savic so far for city has looked worse than Titus Bramble.

To my mind, i can't really think of any game where Kompany has been so bad that a thread was warranted to discuss his performance, even when he first signed.

not one for ridiculing players... however, after 4 games in the side, Savic looks as bad a buy as Wayne Bridge.

he has been very good and had his awful moments. just give him time. he is one of the most talented defenders ive seen in a long time. anyone remember the horrible mistakes richards used to do a few years ago?

give him time.

gangerolv said:
he has been very good and had his awful moments. just give him time. he is one of the most talented defenders ive seen in a long time. anyone remember the horrible mistakes richards used to do a few years ago?

give him time.

I would normally agree. but i think he's completely out of his depth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.