Savic and his all round game

I understand the 3 centre-back formation last night, but why oh why was Savic playing in the middle of the 3 when surely Lescott would have been a better choice.

Surely Savic and Kolarov can't be with us next season!

gangerolv said:
he has been very good and had his awful moments. just give him time. he is one of the most talented defenders ive seen in a long time. anyone remember the horrible mistakes richards used to do a few years ago?

give him time.

2 things. If he is one of the most talented you have seen in a long time, i would like to know what football you watch?
When Richards was making mistakes it was 1 or 2 here and there they were just devastating result changing mistakes which get alot more highlighted
Savic has made more mistakes in 4 games than the rest of PL defenders combined. Im actually shocked we have managed to win any games with him in our defence

On the way out of the ground last night I heard someone ranting about Savic being "a disgrace" etc. Very unfair. Totally inept and utterly out of his depth, yes, but it isn't his fault. I don't really care what he is going to be like in 5 years time, he isn't good enough at the moment, that has been proven in most of the matches he has started (and all matches against decent opposition) and he shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch at the moment. He needs to go out on loan and learn if he is going to have any chance of making the grade with us because dumping in situations he cannot handle is not doing him any favours.

Was awful, felt sick every time he was close to the ball.

Actually spent most of the time he was in the field, I couldn't take my eyes off him for the wrong reasons.

Don't see anything but him going home in the summer.

Marvin said:
Knowledge 0, support 0

Well Marvin, it's all about opinions isn't it. This is a discussion forum where supporters can argue and sometimes have a reality check, and if you check the vast majority of my posts, very few are critical, and most of them are with my sky blue tinted specs on.
The fact is that, I'm not prepared to be like the crowd from the story of the emperor's new clothes - where they were all afraid to say that there was something wrong - I am prepared to say it. If you couldn't see last night's car crash coming, perhaps you don't know that much about football, or have never played yourself.
I hoped for the best and supported more strongly than anyone, but, the fact is that I was right, and it did neither Savic nor the club any good to start him last night, and it was exactly as I predicted.
So therefore, how you can glibly say "Knowledge 0" without any further reasoned argument says quite a lot about you. Glad that I haven't noticed any of your previous thousands of posts - were they all as well thought out as your response to me, I wonder?

Why all the abuse for the player, it's the manager who picks him and puts him on the pitch. He's not ready and out of his depth at the moment. So if your looking for scape goat. Mancini is to blame.

gangerolv said:
he has been very good and had his awful moments. just give him time. he is one of the most talented defenders ive seen in a long time. anyone remember the horrible mistakes richards used to do a few years ago?

give him time.

Are you joking? Surely you are!? He made more mistakes in the opening 30 mins, than most 'talented' defenders would do in a season. He made 6 or 7 mistakes in about 30 mins- one every 5 mins. He looks OK at RB, but at CB he looks beyond a liability.

lastmanback said:
Why all the abuse for the player, it's the manager who picks him and puts him on the pitch. He's not ready and out of his depth at the moment. So if your looking for scape goat. Mancini is to blame.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.