Savic and his all round game

Savic has great potential. It's there to see. Once he has this season under his belt and a league winners medal in his top drawer his confidence will prevail and we're gonna see great things from the young man!<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:32 pm --<br /><br />Savic has great potential. It's there to see. Once he has this season under his belt and a league winners medal in his top drawer his confidence will prevail and we're gonna see great things from the young man!

From what i have seen so far: Savic is a liabilty. He is Johnny Evans and Titus Bramble rolled into one - does some good things but you just know he is going to fuck up. He makes Rae Ingram look like Franz Beckenbauer.

The lad has been asked to fill a big pair of boots (kompany) it's early doors for him, if he was to be given games under normal circumstances it would have been along side VK most likely but that has not been the case, he is being asked to get the ball down and play a little, where previously he would probably been used to giving it the row z treatment, not the finished article but could still turn out to be a decent player, one thing he has is time on his side!

Thought the first half was very encouraging. He's just turned 21 and clearly isn't ready yet. Yes Balo and Bale are similar ages but different players mature at different times and at 21 he's got plenty of time yet. There can be little doubt that we need another proper centre half in the summer though, preferably to replace Kolo. Then we can hopefully avoid situations like this where a young kid is thrown in next to our lesser centre half and is given easier games to lear his trade

that backheader it gave me nightmares two nill up at home, scored then equaliser, ball slid in at the far post last minute, remember it anyone, united when we lost, keane goal last minute, our manager has the luck of alex ferguson, anybody else in charge defoe would have scored.

He will get better.
Im sure all this game time is probably helping.
Im unsure about loaning him out as i dont think being at Bolton is doing Boyota any good!

Although on Wed, id have Richards at CB and Zaba at RB!

@pudge

No but I like Bundesliga. It's a league I used to watch fairly regularly and when he was first loaned to Dortmund, he didn't look half the player he does now after getting more experience under his belt.

Shite was an exaggeration though.

His confidence must have been absolutely smashed today, hopefully it'll aid his development in the long run.

you're being a bit too harsh on him. he's there to cover for company and that's big shoes to fill. he played a perfect first half. he made the mistake that cost us the goal. lescott made two very similar mistakes but luckily barry had it covered once and defoe was very unlucky. for the second goal, bale had way too much room to contest hart, and that wasn't stefan's fault.

Jumanji said:
↑ It's different for central defenders mate. That position carries the most responsibility on the pitch.

Strikers are good at a younger age because their position relies more so on skill than experience.

Central defenders are better at an older age because their position relies heavily on experience, and then skill is a close second.

Btw, Mario is 21. But that's rare because there is no other striker his age that is as good.
Thats why I was saying before the game we should use Onouha instead who has more PL experience. I am not saying Savic doesnt have potential but he should learn his craft where mistakes wont potentially be so costly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.