Savic and his all round game

squirtyflower said:
he's fuckin 20 years old

READ the fuckin thread.

nobody is having a go.

he obviously isnt ready yet. no slight on him.

hes young and will get better.

he very nearly cost us today , and i personally wouldnt play himin huge games like today. dip him in and out and maybe send him on loan.

bags of potential and he will obviously make mistakes.

so as you point out ' hes fuckin 20 years old' . yes i agree , get him on loan then , make his mistakes elsewhere , and come back a better player..

dont be so fucking touchy. players can be criticised although the op wasnt even criticing him, hes spot on.

-- Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:22 pm --

johnmc said:
Not good enough yet

spot on.

no slight on him, he will learn and get better.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 pm --<br /><br />
kenzie115 said:
Thought he was good today, don't blame him for the first goal at all, he did everything he could and Hart misjudged the situation. I also think Hart should have done better with the 2nd too, he essentially got lobbed from 20 yards with half his own team in the penalty area.

The only criticism of Savic was his decision making at the end which led to the Defoe miss, but decision making comes with experience. No worries for me, he'll be a very good player in a few years.

i agree with this, although i though he was at fault for the first goal.

and as you say young players especially defenders make mistakes.

he will learn. in 2-3 years i reckon he will be fantastic

I think he just needs more time on the pitch and more confidence. He looks like he's under pressure poor lad, but overall apart from the mistake he looks solid

whitt said:
Savic won all of his tackles. 6/7 ground duals & all 4 aerial duals. Mistake for the first shook our confidence though.

Young lad thrown in at the deep end, he's doing OK.

Totally agree.

Savic has all the attributes to be a top defender.

Put him out on a seasons loan and watch him develop...

Had a decent enough game, but all we will focus on in the end of the day are 2 monumental errors that could have cost us 3 points, cos thats all we will remember.

Will get better for sure, but I'm not sure if Bob should be letting Ned go anywhere just yet.

Just relieved Vin is back for Everton.

In the first half I thought Savic was our best defender!

Theres been a few blues calling him a liability - I think thats a bit harsh. All defenders make mistakes, its part and parcel of the game and all our CB's have made slip ups at times this season.

He's a good fourth choice CB and at his age can only get better with experience.

kenzie115 said:
Thought he was good today, don't blame him for the first goal at all, he did everything he could and Hart misjudged the situation. I also think Hart should have done better with the 2nd too, he essentially got lobbed from 20 yards with half his own team in the penalty area.

The only criticism of Savic was his decision making at the end which led to the Defoe miss, but decision making comes with experience. No worries for me, he'll be a very good player in a few years.

Bale shouldn't have been allowed to shoot no pressure on the ball poor defending, name me one keeper in the World who would have saved that?

Savic has been on a hiding to nothing. He isnt a bad defender in my view. Today Lescott didnt help him out he needed to talk and tell Savic were to be on the pitch. Look at Savic with either a Kolo or Kompany and we have a real talent who will learn a lot more from these games and will improve on it.

When you miss Kompany from your team they are big boots to fill the lad will improve just like Richards has since Mancini has come to the club. He gets the best out of his players given time and I think Savic will come good. Getting used to a new country next season he will be a lot better in my view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.