Savic and his all round game

Shows signs of being a top class footballer in the future, not his fault we're having a mini crisis at the back and he's been thrown in the deep end. You don't get many defenders his age playing regular football in that position, and especially not at this level. it's a position that people grow into with experience. No sugar-coating it though, he simply isn't ready to play centre half for the league leaders. Needs time on loan somewhere and needs to toughen up.

Play him against Liverpool, it will do more harm than good if he's dropped now seeing as Kompany is back after this next game. But once Kolo is back, get him sent on loan.

We had him on trial @ Ajax before he went here. 2 mil seemed to much for a talent then. Now we've payed 1 mil for Cristian Eriksen and 1.5 for Viktor Fischer. If only we had come to our senses earlier...

Savic only made 2 mistakes yesterday, unfortunately they were both dreadful.

I think he has a brighter future than Boyata, even if eventually neither are with us.

whitt said:
Josh Blue said:
If Hart didnt come charging out does everyone think Defoe would of still scored?

No. Hart over committed and miss-timed his run.

Savic won all of his tackles. 6/7 ground duals & all 4 aerial duals. Mistake for the first shook our confidence though.

Young lad thrown in at the deep end, he's doing OK.

I agree. Give him some time. He'll come good.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Looked very good to me until his head went after their first goal - wasn't convinced it was entirely his fault, as he did well to get anything on it at all at full stretch, just slightly unfortunate where the ball dropped, and that Hart made a rare misjudgement to compound it.

Was disappointed to see Lescott berating him for it. Wished Kompany had been then to do the captain's thing and pull Savic together.

I'm happy with him. Not ready yet, but looks like he could be top drawer in a year or two. Gonna make mistakes (look at Luiz at Chelsea - who is also brilliant), it is important we support him at this point, not do the usual City thing and try to destroy him.

Hart went straight to him and slapped his hand - which I though was pretty good especially as Hart is striving for clean sheets.

The support from other players - and especially some of our fans -doesn't happen as often as I'd like to see it. We all make mistakes from time to time, Unfortunately when it's a defender or goalie it can cost us a goal - when it's a striker its just one of those things and he can't score with every shot.

Who got the biggest amount of stick post match - Savic for his error or Aguero for missing a relatively easy chance?

He needs a good run of games to get proper first team experience. We have to send him out on loan at some stage, otherwise he'll never get that experience. That's the way it is nowadays with young players.

A good player whose arse has gone. All confidence drained out of him when he made that error on Sunday.

Get him out of the firing line for Liverpool.

I thought his general game against Spurs was good, but he made 2 obvious mistakes. The header wasn't as bad as suggested. It was a good ball, and the wind was causing difficulties for the players. He was in a dilemma. Head it, or leave it. Hart also made an error in committing himself and that made it easy for Defoe although he took it well

It's up to Mancini to assess whether to continue with him, or take him out of the firing line.

I don't think him and Lescott make a great partnership. Lescott is the senior defender atm and so he should be instructing Savic where to be and to take on the tougher strikers. Kompany does this all the time with Lescott. But Lescott left Savic to deal with Carrol in the Liverpool game despite the fact Lescott is taller and stronger than Savic and was ball watching which left Savic exposed which is when he made his mistake. I think if Lescott had the red card and Savic was with Kompany he wouldn't of fucked up as much because Kompany would have helped him out.

I read posters on here saying it's just that he lacks experience.

I think he also lacks pace, awareness, reading of the game, heading ability and, worst of all, an absolute terror while in possession of the ball.

I'm not ruling him out as a longer term prospect, but he's going to have to improve at a Hell of a rate to make it here.

Not as good as Onuoha. Possibly not even as good as Boyata.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.