Savic Loan To Wolves

Matt.D said:
taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
Spot on.

That's the game I was eluding too. Spurs. Had Defoe slotted that home we would be runners up to United.

Harry would be in his job and fans on here would be far less sympathetic to Savic, Lescott, Dzeko and Barry. I like all bar Savic but they are the 'weaker' players, no doubt about that.

Savic is just awful. Your criticisms echo mine so I question the blind faith some have in him.
Where is the blind faith? Saying we haven't seen enough is blind faith?

If you haven't seen enough, that says it all really.
Yes, it does. It says the same thing it's always said about not seeing enough. Still amused though that we're supposed to give some players several thousand chances while others might get one... maybe... if we're generous.

taconinja said:
Matt.D said:
taconinja said:
Where is the blind faith? Saying we haven't seen enough is blind faith?

Yes, it does. It says the same thing it's always said about not seeing enough. Still amused though that we're supposed to give some players several thousand chances while others might get one... maybe... if we're generous.

What other players are we supposed to be giving chances to?

NipHolmes said:
strongbowholic said:
Neville Kneville said:
So you know that Mancini trusts Savic then ?

Only, we haven't seen him for a while have we ?
You're original argument was in respect of the "I trust the manager" point being used as a defence of Savic.

I assume the manager sees some kind of potential in him hence signing and playing him. At the time Savic was a quite a hot prospect and watched by numerous European clubs, again suggesting there could be something worth having.

Now whether that potential they saw gets fulfilled or not is another matter entirely. There have been moments of complete lack of concentration in some games. However there have been times where he has played the ball confidently to his team mates, won the ball aggressively but cleanly both in the air and on the ground. To be fair only doing what a defender should do.

I can clearly see that the couple of glaring errors he has made would cause concern, but I would like to think he can overcome and learn from those.

Now then, back to my original point, if we're not to use the phrase you don't like, tell my why should your opinion outweigh that of the manager?

That last paragraph is saddening. Why bother joining a forum if you can't put across your opinon. My opinion is that Arsenal need to pay more to key players and sign a world class CM to play with Song. Someone like Sahin to replace Ramsey. I think Jenkinson is shit, so too Chamack and Bendtner. Hell why do I have am opinion because Wenger has won trophies and brought through great players on a shoestring.

Mancini hasn't got good man-management, ok but not good imo. He can't work alongside a player he doesmt get on with (ade, bellamy) and the Tevez situation was above him I.e he was told to include Tevez who I reckon will be sold.

That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it as long ad my points make sense and based on fact. What the hell do I know though, I havent won a jot. Jeez its like North Korea with that mentality.
I wasn't saying "you can't post whatever opinion you hold", I merely said in reference to your not wanting to hear "I trust the manager", why your opinion should hold more weight than "trusting the manager".

No one is ever going to agree with everyone. I don't necessarily agree with your opinion on Savic, however I don't believe for one minute that makes it any less/more valid than my opinion.

Just want to understand why you seem (and apologies if I've picked up on something out of context) to have an issue with those whose opinion is to trust in the manager and why your opinion is better than that?

Does anyone know if there's a fee associated with this deal?

I just hope Wolves don't ask for too much.

strongbowholic said:
NipHolmes said:
strongbowholic said:
You're original argument was in respect of the "I trust the manager" point being used as a defence of Savic.

I assume the manager sees some kind of potential in him hence signing and playing him. At the time Savic was a quite a hot prospect and watched by numerous European clubs, again suggesting there could be something worth having.

Now whether that potential they saw gets fulfilled or not is another matter entirely. There have been moments of complete lack of concentration in some games. However there have been times where he has played the ball confidently to his team mates, won the ball aggressively but cleanly both in the air and on the ground. To be fair only doing what a defender should do.

I can clearly see that the couple of glaring errors he has made would cause concern, but I would like to think he can overcome and learn from those.

Now then, back to my original point, if we're not to use the phrase you don't like, tell my why should your opinion outweigh that of the manager?

That last paragraph is saddening. Why bother joining a forum if you can't put across your opinon. My opinion is that Arsenal need to pay more to key players and sign a world class CM to play with Song. Someone like Sahin to replace Ramsey. I think Jenkinson is shit, so too Chamack and Bendtner. Hell why do I have am opinion because Wenger has won trophies and brought through great players on a shoestring.

Mancini hasn't got good man-management, ok but not good imo. He can't work alongside a player he doesmt get on with (ade, bellamy) and the Tevez situation was above him I.e he was told to include Tevez who I reckon will be sold.

That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it as long ad my points make sense and based on fact. What the hell do I know though, I havent won a jot. Jeez its like North Korea with that mentality.
I wasn't saying "you can't post whatever opinion you hold", I merely said in reference to your not wanting to hear "I trust the manager", why your opinion should hold more weight than "trusting the manager".

No one is ever going to agree with everyone. I don't necessarily agree with your opinion on Savic, however I don't believe for one minute that makes it any less/more valid than my opinion.

Just want to understand why you seem (and apologies if I've picked up on something out of context) to have an issue with those whose opinion is to trust in the manager and why your opinion is better than that?

Because when Mancini picked Boateng & Boyata to play v Arsenal two season's ago, I thought he was wrong & that neither were good enough.

He fucked Boateng off & sent Boyata to Bolton. Loads of people were trotting out the same nonsense then, that if Mancini picks them it must be right. I recon I was right at the time & Mancini made a mistake. Sometimes he does stuff & I think 'what the fuck is he doing' & he was right & I think 'clever bastard'. Other times I think 'what the fuck is he doing ?' & he was wrong & I think 'he dropped a bollock there.' That's football.

He dropped a bollock playing Savic: he was shit. He stopped playing him.

He makes mistakes. All managers make mistakes no matter how good they are. How do you know that he hasn't decided that Savic was a mistake ?

If he flogs Savic, is he wrong ? You tell me.

Damocles said:
Neville Kneville said:
Damocles said:
It's also complete bollocks.

Savic's agent is Zoran Stojadinović.

Also, I personally feel that implying that our Premier League winning manager would buy a player because his mate is an agent is remarkably stupid. Firstly, Mancini doesn't buy players, a transfer committee does. Secondly, we have a hundred deep scouting and performance analysis department that perform analysis on a player for months before they come here. Thirdly, if you imply that the manager is bent on a City forum then you had better have some solid fucking proof before you ramble this shit.

Fucking idiots.

Why are you saying the manager is bent ? Out of order.

If his mate is an agent & recommends a young player as being a real talent, is he not likely to take his word for it ?

Happens all the time in football. I don't see why you are bringing in that accusation.

Knob.

His mate isn't his agent, as I posted in that big bit of text that you quoted. And yes, Mancini (who does not buy players on his own) taking the word of his mate over our huge scouting and performance team, and our transfer committee is a ridiculous accusation. It's like people play a bit of Football Manager and are suddenly experts on the whole business of transfers.

Mancini clearly said just two days ago that he was responsible for us signing Kolarov.

I don't know who Savic's agent is. You say one thing, Keith Moon says another. Seeing as he is a legendary dead drummer, I tend to be swayed by him.

Whatever, managers do sign players on recommendations of people they trust, so if Keith was right, it would explain why we signed a sub standard player.

If not, then I'm still utterly fucking baffled how Savic got the gig.

Neville Kneville said:
Damocles said:
Neville Kneville said:
Why are you saying the manager is bent ? Out of order.

If his mate is an agent & recommends a young player as being a real talent, is he not likely to take his word for it ?

Happens all the time in football. I don't see why you are bringing in that accusation.

Knob.

His mate isn't his agent, as I posted in that big bit of text that you quoted. And yes, Mancini (who does not buy players on his own) taking the word of his mate over our huge scouting and performance team, and our transfer committee is a ridiculous accusation. It's like people play a bit of Football Manager and are suddenly experts on the whole business of transfers.

Mancini clearly said just two days ago that he was responsible for us signing Kolarov.

I don't know who Savic's agent is. You say one thing, Keith Moon says another. Seeing as he is a legendary dead drummer, I tend to be swayed by him.

Whatever, managers do sign players on recommendations of people they trust, so if Keith was right, it would explain why we signed a sub standard player.

Don't listen to dead drummers, it's Kolarov that has the same agent as de Rossi, its a gentlemen named Sergio Berti and he's an old mate of Mancini. I thought he was involved in the Savic deal, but I might be wrong. What can I say, don't do drugs.

Keith Moon said:
Neville Kneville said:
Damocles said:

Don't listen to dead drummers, it's Kolarov that has the same agent as de Rossi, its a gentlemen named Sergio Berti and he's an old mate of Mancini. I thought he was involved in the Savic deal, but I might be wrong. What can I say, don't do drugs.

Fucking drummers.

All the same.

Matt.D said:
taconinja said:
Matt.D said:

What other players are we supposed to be giving chances to?
Nedum evidently. No matter how poorly he behaved with that ludicrous interview and his poor play towards the end of his time here, we're supposed to keep giving him chance after chance after chance after chance because "He's a blue" as if that makes him a better player.

strongbowholic said:
NipHolmes said:
strongbowholic said:

My opinion is no worse or better. He gets paid for his opinion on a massive level and therefor his opinion carries more weight.

I simply feel Savic is inadequate to the prem. Why we passed on Cahill is beyond me. We need good English players where possible and Cahill is one of them. It boots quota and a player that's suited to the league already.

My opinion is that Mancini thought Savic is better than he is. Or he was lead to believe such. He dropped a bollock and the fact Savic featured little and has been loaned out gives foundation for my opinion and others that feel the same.

Why would 'one of Europe's most promising young defenders' (as I read in an article) be loaned out when it leaves us short with the possible departure of Kolo. Pretty easy to read between the lines.

Fergie bought Berbatov and on my life I said he'd flop due to not fitting system and I was called a bitter because he chose them over us. I was right wasn't I? That's me being right over the premierships second best manager (Mourinho is world best imho) who's won trophy after trophy, year after year. I never once pretend to be a guru but if I see a player I know a player. Savic isn't a player, he's a slow and cumbersome player who cannot pass with confidence, he lacks authority and is poor positionally, he cannot pivot quickly and looks unsteady when faced with a quick player. I have little good to day about him and I'd go as far as saying we will be lumbered with him for years if he doesn't pull up trees for Wolves. I hope and pray I'm wrong. I really do but I see another Bridge situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.