Savic

Sorry but in my opinion he is an accident waiting to happen every time he plays. He reminds me of Richard Dunne, a young centre back with pace and a supposed ability to play football. He never got any better and you always knew if he made a mistake it would cost us a goal.
Ned was and is never going to be a really top class defender but he is better than Savic and should not have been let go.
Did you not notice how bad Kolo was, his brother spent the majority of the game sitting next to him so he wouldnt look totally lost, this badly impacted on the team as a whole. Kolo looks like he is carrying weight and sadly has gone as a defender.

the main thing that frustrates me about savic is that he can have a great game, make one mistake where he kicks it out for a throw in, and get bollocked off the fans.

Savic is a scape-goat there's no doubt about it.. thinking about it, silva hasnt really played that well the past few games but he wont get any shit just 'cos its Silva.. Swansea game was the poorest I've seen us all season, the WHOLE team played wank but yet again the blame is thrown on Savic (who gave the ball away, we managed to re-group, but Super Micah Richards left the man for a header).

All im trying to say really is that he does look comfortable on the ball, sure whenever he does get the ball the majority of the fans start squirming, i guess after spurs they have every right too, but i would be interested to see him play a few games along side Vinnie, as he will talk him through the game and actually speak to him rather than Kolo and certainly Lescott who looked like they wasnt telling him to push up etc.

RyantheBlue said:
Thought Savic played well tonight, he did what he's done in most of the games he's played for us and just remained solid. However, Bluemoon will have you believe he's played 2 games this season, Swansea and Spurs.
Oh no, most people remember that he played in both league cup semi final matches. I can guarantee that. And possibly qpr.

Lancet Fluke said:
RyantheBlue said:
Thought Savic played well tonight, he did what he's done in most of the games he's played for us and just remained solid. However, Bluemoon will have you believe he's played 2 games this season, Swansea and Spurs.
Oh no, most people remember that he played in both league cup semi final matches. I can guarantee that. And possibly qpr.

He gave away a penalty in the first leg and then played well throughout. He was shaky away at Anfield and rightfully subbed but nothing he did led to any goals. He was okay against QPR, not at his best, but not at his worst.

RyantheBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
RyantheBlue said:

He gave away a penalty in the first leg and then played well throughout. He was shaky away at Anfield and rightfully subbed but nothing he did led to any goals. He was okay against QPR, not at his best, but not at his worst.
He was all over the show in the 2nd leg it was like watching a schoolboy defender watching Bellamy run rings around him. First leg he was poor throughout the first half but then looked ok in the second half when they more or less didn't come into our half (this whole he looked good when he had nothing to deal with seems to be the only argument for him being any good).
QPR, the mighty Helguson absolutely battered him throughout and he couldn't handle him at all. Whenever there have been major questions asked of him he has folded.

He has no composure whatsoever! its frightening every time he gets the ball. i am totally positive about every member of our team,but he is a liability.
He wont advance forward with the ball when in space,which,when teams sit against us,is a necessity.by simply advancing forward an opposition forward has to close him down,creating space behind them for our midfielders,who he can then make a simple pass forward to.savic will just knock it sidewards for someone else to do.even if it opens up for him.
He doesnt keep his eye on the ball,even when making simple passes across the line.the amount of times hes mis controlled it or controlled it then mis kicked it.
His clearances are just hacked clear,a touch of composure and your clearance can hopefully pick out one of our players.
These are very,very basic skills.
I have honestly played against better centre halves on a sunday morning.
Surely there is a better centre half in our youth ranks than him.
It definitely affects the rest of the team when he plays,as they are having to worry about what hes gonna do or not do next.and in return,end up not doing there own job properly.

goatastuta said:

There is Rekik who has disturbing levels of composure for a barely 17 year old but throwing a 17 year old into the lion's den could be deemed a big risk by the club. Based on what I've seen of Rekik in his few first team appearances + EDS appearances, he already looks more assured and stronger than Savic.

Other than Rekik, the best we could promote would be Reece Wabara but there are no suggestions yet that Wabara is a Premier League player.

LoveCity said:
goatastuta said:

There is Rekik who has disturbing levels of composure for a barely 17 year old but throwing a 17 year old into the lion's den could be deemed a big risk by the club. Based on what I've seen of Rekik in his few first team appearances + EDS appearances, he already looks more assured and stronger than Savic.

Other than Rekik, the best we could promote would be Reece Wabara but there are no suggestions yet that Wabara is a Premier League player.
Fair enough,17 is probably too young.Still think (actually 'know')savic is an accident waiting to happen,but i'll get behind him when he wears the blue shirt all the same. One things for sure,he cannot play against drogba!!!

goatastuta said:
He has no composure whatsoever! its frightening every time he gets the ball. i am totally positive about every member of our team,but he is a liability.
He wont advance forward with the ball when in space,which,when teams sit against us,is a necessity.by simply advancing forward an opposition forward has to close him down,creating space behind them for our midfielders,who he can then make a simple pass forward to.savic will just knock it sidewards for someone else to do.even if it opens up for him.
He doesnt keep his eye on the ball,even when making simple passes across the line.the amount of times hes mis controlled it or controlled it then mis kicked it.
His clearances are just hacked clear,a touch of composure and your clearance can hopefully pick out one of our players.
These are very,very basic skills.
I have honestly played against better centre halves on a sunday morning.
It definitely affects the rest of the team when he plays,as they are having to worry about what hes gonna do or not do next.and in return,end up not doing there own job properly.
Absolute nonsense. Rewatch Villa, he brings the ball out very, very well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.