Scotland Independance Referendum

I hope we vote Yes and get independence, be good to give it a go!!!

The way I see it is we are being run now by the Tories who have one seat in Scotland so its not democratic, at least if we go it alone and balls it up we have chosen the party who do it!!!! The Scandanavians seem to get buy ok and we could model ourselves on them (bar the £6 pint and the fact their birds are better looking!!!)

I dont really see it as breaking up the UK, just breaking away from London as to be honest when the UK is talked about its really London they mean!

Anyway its good to know your sweating over us sweaty socks, looking forward to flashing my passport at the border next season!!!

Gabriel said:
Going by the comments of some upstairs, twice a season, at the very least. :-)

Most Scots have long revelled in the schadenfreude of any English defeat, especially when in a group; it became worse/better (depending on perspective) after 1966, though any animosity has tended to be levelled not at English people but media types. In an oddly ironic way, an English sporting defeat should, in the eyes of Scots, level the standings between the two nations, yet because Scotland itself has become despairingly woeful at seemingly all sports, an English defeat brings less succour than before. I've never experienced it as hatred, merely banal banter.

Haha true, to be honest i thought if anything this would be a feeling that City fans would actually identify with and understand. I'll probably get absolutely panned for this, but it's a similar relationship between Scotland and England, as was(!) City and United.

Re: Scotland Independence Referendum

west didsblue said:
pee dubya said:
west didsblue said:
Only the 75% of Scots that hate the English.

My figure of 75% is based on personal experience of watching the Rugby World Cup Final in 2007 in a bar in Elgin when 3/4 of the occupants celebrated when South Africa beat England like they had won it themselves. I know it's not a particularly scientific study of Scottish attitudes towards the English but I suspect it's not far from the truth.
Since when did a sporting rivalry equal hate?
I can't disagree that a lot of it is sporting rivalry but I've been in Scotland enough to know that a sizeable proportion of the population are excessively anti-English. I'm not sure why this is but I do believe that the likes of Salmond and his cronies have encouraged this attitude over the years. I'm sure it's primarily the less educated and travelled people who are the ones who are anti-English and this attitude causes a similar attitude amongst many English people.

I personally hope that there is a sensible majority who will see independence as a bad idea. As I said earlier I think independence would be bad for the English and even worse for the Scots.

Its not sporting rivalry when you are cheering the team of another country when they happen to be beating England, to want a team of another nationality to beat England more than your own team winning is not sporting rivalry. Where do I get these facts from.. I worked on the Oilrigs off Aberdeen for about 8 years and I experienced it first hand.
I hope that Scotland get Independence and take their over the top mouth frothing nationalism with them. Di I find any of that funny.. No not even remotely.

tolmie said:
I hope we vote Yes and get independence, be good to give it a go!!!

The way I see it is we are being run now by the Tories who have one seat in Scotland so its not democratic, at least if we go it alone and balls it up we have chosen the party who do it!!!! The Scandanavians seem to get buy ok and we could model ourselves on them (bar the £6 pint and the fact their birds are better looking!!!)

I dont really see it as breaking up the UK, just breaking away from London as to be honest when the UK is talked about its really London they mean!

Anyway its good to know your sweating over us sweaty socks, looking forward to flashing my passport at the border next season!!!

You seem to be forgetting those eleven Scottish Liberal Democrats who currently help form the government. With the ticking time-bomb of Scottish health, six pounds for a pint may be a conservative (no pun intended) estimate under independence.

Ive not forgot the Lib Dems but its really the Tories running the gaff, Lib Dems have burned their bridges up here jumping in to bed with them!!!

Health will improve up here when we get our own money to spend again!!!!

anyway we will soon be the full UK no matter what happens

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/6226537/England-is-sinking-while-Scotland-rises-above-sea-levels-according-to-new-study.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthn ... study.html</a>

bit old but not getting all Nostradamus and all that!!

tolmie said:
Ive not forgot the Lib Dems but its really the Tories running the gaff, Lib Dems have burned their bridges up here jumping in to bed with them!!!

anyway we will soon be the full UK no matter what happens

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/6226537/England-is-sinking-while-Scotland-rises-above-sea-levels-according-to-new-study.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthn ... study.html</a>

bit old but not getting all Nostradamus and all that!!

Ha ha.

That 'own money' you speak of won't last long. Scotland will be a whole ten centimetres closer to the sun, so Holyrood will need to fast-track a national skin cancer initiative!

west didsblue said:
tolmie said:
Actually, health will improve when you lot stop eating deep fried Mars bars.
a.png

Already is, and we're catching up ;)

Our heart attack title has been taken!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22214065" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22214065</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.