Scotland Independance Referendum

che_don_john said:
tolmie said:
The way I see it is we are being run now by the Tories who have one seat in Scotland so its not democratic
By the same token, much of Labour's majority between 1997 and 2010 was built by all their seats in Scotland and Wales, so you could just as well argue that the English had to live under Labour governments because of Scottish and Welsh voters!
You couldn't argue that because it isn't true.

stony said:
I want Scotland to be part of the UK. I think it's ridiculous that from such a small island, we can't all get along and class ourselves as British.

not many people consider themselves as British

the jocks consider themselves as Scottish
The taffs consider themselves as Welsh
It is only the English who are not allowed to consider themselves as English

I would vote for Scottish independence and so should they as most of them can't stand the English anyway

And where is the English parliament we are the only country not to have one of their own

whp.blue said:

This is true, I described myself as "English" on a job application and the rozzers came round, nicked me and forced me read the Bhagavad Gita in Polish.

Suffice to say, I was not pleased

Damocles said:
whp.blue said:

This is true, I described myself as "English" on a job application and the rozzers came round, nicked me and forced me read the Bhagavad Gita in Polish.

Suffice to say, I was not pleased

try describing yourself as English on a cenus or passport form

whp.blue said:
stony said:
I want Scotland to be part of the UK. I think it's ridiculous that from such a small island, we can't all get along and class ourselves as British.

I would vote for Scottish independence and so should they as most of them can't stand the English anyway
I'm English, I never state I'm British on a form if I fly anywhere say to the U S, I always put English

whp.blue said:
stony said:

And where is the English parliament we are the only country not to have one of their own
Most people consider themselves to be both, to differing degrees.

Scottish-identity-ScotCen-590x393.jpg

http://www.scotcen.org.uk/our-research/research/scottish-social-attitudes/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.