Scotland Independance Referendum

nimrod said:
malg said:
TGR said:
English independence from Scotland cannot come quick enough. Why:

The Scottish don't know when they are well off.
They are the most ungrateful bunch - ever.
The anti English thing has gone to far (and it is promoted from the very top).

So, the sooner the better for all concerned.
Good WUMing.......or if it isn't then I point you to the Trainspotting vid, or stop reading the Sun.

he has a bit of a point though surely

The Scottish lads at my local footie club, well if you call them British your risking a slap, they despise all things English (who can blame them)

I dont see why they would want to stay in the Union if they can get out from Englands Grasp, theyve all seen Braveheart you know...
Why do they despise all things English?
Maybe they should choose a different language then to begin with

BoyBlue_1985 said:
nimrod said:
malg said:
Good WUMing.......or if it isn't then I point you to the Trainspotting vid, or stop reading the Sun.

The Scottish lads at my local footie club, well if you call them British your risking a slap, they despise all things English (who can blame them)

I dont see why they would want to stay in the Union if they can get out from Englands Grasp, theyve all seen Braveheart you know...

They don't - it just gives some English patriots an excuse to hate them.
See the Welsh, or the Irish, or the French...
Actually ignore that last one, as they do despise the English.
Or maybe it's just the one that I'm stuck with.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
nimrod said:

Thats what I was thinking I hate all things from a particular country when we play them at sport and of course its good to beat a home nation but I dont despise them any other time I quite like Scotland and Wales and all the jokes you can have with them about it. Never been to NI always looked bleak but met a load of top people from there whilst at work or on holiday
Well the French maybe and the Chinese (dodgy curry once)

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
nimrod said:

As is the way with these matters, it easy to generalise, I have some stand up Scottish mates who are the salt of the earth but I have encountered a good many frothy mouthed nationalistic bigots of the very same nationality. The bottom line is, whether or not they wish to remain in the union is their affair as long as they understand that the outcome is almost irrelevant to the majority of the English. I suspect the SNP and the odious little toad salmond are the only real advocates of this so he can play at being a Prime Minister in his newly formed tin pot state.
Cameron will actively seek to disrupt this affair for his own political ends too, as will labour who will lose valuable seats that count in Westminster.
Good luck to em I say and we will welcome them back with open arms when they bankrupt themselves and realise that being an independent state does not equate to just saying goodbye to the hand that has fed you for many a long year.

TGR said:
English independence from Scotland cannot come quick enough. Why:

The Scottish don't know when they are well off.
They are the most ungrateful bunch - ever.
The anti English thing has gone to far (and it is promoted from the very top).

So, the sooner the better for all concerned.

oops

I might be wrong here, but was it not the Romans that named the British Isles, Britannia, long before we English came here. So why do they find being called British so offensive.

garymj said:
I might be wrong here, but was it not the Romans that named the British Isles, Britannia, long before we English came here. So why do they find being called British so offensive.

Maybe because the English constitute the majority of the British?

I don't feel British either to be honest and I consider myself English.

garymj said:

The land to the North of occupied Britannia now known as Scotland was called Caledonia by the Romans

If they vote to get out, and subsequently go under economically, will we get all these boneheads bleating on about how Scotch people send their wages back home and how they're taking our jobs and shit?

I hope so, it'll validate my worldview a bit more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.