Scotland Independance Referendum

BigJimLittleJim said:
If they vote to get out, and subsequently go under economically, will we get all these boneheads bleating on about how Scotch people send their wages back home and how they're taking our jobs and shit?

I hope so, it'll validate my worldview a bit more.

They hate being called "Scotch" Jim ;-)

BigJimLittleJim said:
If they vote to get out, and subsequently go under economically, will we get all these boneheads bleating on about how Scotch people send their wages back home and how they're taking our jobs and shit?

Scotch people are people that work in whisky distilleries.

Blue Til Death said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why do they despise all things English?

They don't - it just gives some English patriots an excuse to hate them.
See the Welsh, or the Irish, or the French...
Actually ignore that last one, as they do despise the English.
Or maybe it's just the one that I'm stuck with.

As is the way with these matters, it easy to generalise, I have some stand up Scottish mates who are the salt of the earth but I have encountered a good many frothy mouthed nationalistic bigots of the very same nationality. The bottom line is, whether or not they wish to remain in the union is their affair as long as they understand that the outcome is almost irrelevant to the majority of the English. I suspect the SNP and the odious little toad salmond are the only real advocates of this so he can play at being a Prime Minister in his newly formed tin pot state.
Cameron will actively seek to disrupt this affair for his own political ends too, as will labour who will lose valuable seats that count in Westminster.
Good luck to em I say and we will welcome them back with open arms when they bankrupt themselves and realise that being an independent state does not equate to just saying goodbye to the hand that has fed you for many a long year.

no we wont

pirate said:
Blue Til Death said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
They don't - it just gives some English patriots an excuse to hate them.
See the Welsh, or the Irish, or the French...
Actually ignore that last one, as they do despise the English.
Or maybe it's just the one that I'm stuck with.

As is the way with these matters, it easy to generalise, I have some stand up Scottish mates who are the salt of the earth but I have encountered a good many frothy mouthed nationalistic bigots of the very same nationality. The bottom line is, whether or not they wish to remain in the union is their affair as long as they understand that the outcome is almost irrelevant to the majority of the English. I suspect the SNP and the odious little toad salmond are the only real advocates of this so he can play at being a Prime Minister in his newly formed tin pot state.
Cameron will actively seek to disrupt this affair for his own political ends too, as will labour who will lose valuable seats that count in Westminster.
Good luck to em I say and we will welcome them back with open arms when they bankrupt themselves and realise that being an independent state does not equate to just saying goodbye to the hand that has fed you for many a long year.

no we wont
Correct.

When their new currency has gone the way of Zimbabwe's and one of their new pounds is worth about 2p, they will want parity following re-unification which we will be unable to afford nor will we we want to. Any separation will be permanent as the consequences to them of re-unification will be totally unpalatable.

west didsblue said:
pirate said:
Blue Til Death said:

no we wont
Correct.

When their new currency has gone the way of Zimbabwe's and one of their new pounds is worth about 2p, they will want parity following re-unification which we will be unable to afford nor will we we want to. Any separation will be permanent as the consequences to them of re-unification will be totally unpalatable.

I was not being serious about welcoming them back lads, that was tongue in cheek, this is Blue Moon Forum after all. Once bankrupted we could never have them back as you rightly say.

Having just read Nicola Sturgeon's comments on the currency union, I'm aghast such a senior politician could make such comments. They're acting like children setting up a play country, and that is not one bit exaggerating. They are totally unrealistic and think they are in a strong position.

Blue Til Death said:
west didsblue said:
pirate said:
no we wont
Correct.

I was not being serious about welcoming them back lads, that was tongue in cheek, this is Blue Moon Forum after all. Once bankrupted we could never have them back as you rightly say.

right so having been given two fingers by the jocks you can now vote on whether we should have them back cos they need our help

I wonder what the result of that referendum would be lol

Balti said:
Blue Til Death said:
west didsblue said:
Correct.

right so having been given two fingers by the jocks you can now vote on whether we should have them back cos they need our help

I wonder what the result of that referendum would be lol

I would one of the first in the NO FUCK OFF queue

dazdon said:
BigJimLittleJim said:

They hate being called "Scotch" Jim ;-)

I know Daz ;)

when not on a wind up, I fucking love Scotland, especially the Western Isles and the Orkney's, and I'd love to have little place to spend a few months a year up there - if their economy tanks, I might be able to afford it, fingers crossed :)

Also, any property developer/ venture capitalist knows you buy cheap, run down estate, turn it around et voila - the wonga rolls in - I expect we could do that with the Jocks.

Skashion said:
Having just read Nicola Sturgeon's comments on the currency union, I'm aghast such a senior politician could make such comments. They're acting like children setting up a play country, and that is not one bit exaggerating. They are totally unrealistic and think they are in a strong position.

SNA0140GX2-532_1482191a.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.