Scotland Independance Referendum

SWP's back said:
So what you are basically saying Fetters is that people have different opinions?

No - what I am basically saying is that the right can't even agree amongst themselves, and contradict each other with every passing post.
I just find it amusing that they can see the SNP as both fascist and communist within half a dozen pages.
It's almost like they blanket bomb Salmond and the SNP with every possible accusation in the faint hope that eventually they will be right about something.
It's funny more than anything else, and a bit like watching a political debate in a residential nursing home where the residents have chronic Alzheimers.

SWP's back said:
So what you are basically saying Fetters is that people have different opinions?
Thinking the EU is left-wing at all, nevermind communist, is just sheer ignorance and I'd ask anyone thinking it is to answer three simple questions rather than delve into the ideological underpinnings unnecessarily:

• Why has Tony Benn always opposed membership?
  • Why was Margaret Thatcher a founding signatory of the EU?
  • Why is it overwhelmingly supported by the Confederation of British Industry?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
SWP's back said:

No - what I am basically saying is that the right can't even agree amongst themselves, and contradict each other with every passing post.
I just find it amusing that they can see the SNP as both fascist and communist within half a dozen pages.
It's almost like they blanket bomb Salmond and the SNP with every possible accusation in the faint hope that eventually they will be right about something.
It's funny more than anything else, and a bit like watching a political debate in a residential nursing home where the residents have chronic Alzheimers.
Since when has there been stance that everyone you consider right wing (which is pretty much everyone to the right of Marx) should agree on everything.

This (Scottish Independence) isn't a right/left thing at all. Plus fascism and communism are just extremes at the end of the day with the same end game, oppression of the masses and the protection of the few.

SWP's back said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
SWP's back said:

Plus fascism and communism are just extremes at the end of the day with the same end game, oppression of the masses and the protection of the few.

Oh dear, you really have lost your cutting edge.
That old 'communism/fascism = both the same' argument isn't seriously deployed by anyone other than Ducado anymore.
Even if you erroneously assume that they are indeed similar doctrines, the SNP and the EEC are neither, so to brand them as such, as folk on here have done, is abject stupidity.
They are fully entitled to their opinion, but when that opinion is fundamentally wrong someone such as myself will point it out.

nimrod said:
If the jockistani's vote NO it will make the kiltwearing haggis munching twats look stupid after years and years of bleating on about how they hate the English and being ruled by Westminster :)

Exactly this.
However, the one thing the jocks do know is where their bread is buttered and where the cash comes from for them to enjoy:
Free University tuition
Free prescriptions
Free hospital car parking
Free care home / care of the elderly.

When the vote is a big 'No' then surely it has to be the end of Salmond's political career?
Whats the betting he gets a nice cushy number in Euro land - just like Neil Kinnock and the
rest of his family?

TGR said:
nimrod said:
If the jockistani's vote NO it will make the kiltwearing haggis munching twats look stupid after years and years of bleating on about how they hate the English and being ruled by Westminster :)

Exactly this.
However, the one thing the jocks do know is where their bread is buttered and where the cash comes from for them to enjoy:
Free University tuition
Free prescriptions

When the vote is a big 'No' then surely it has to be the end of Salmond's political career?
Whats the betting he gets a nice cushy number in Euro land - just like Neil Kinnock and the
rest of his family?

That you agree with a xenophobic ex-pat comes as no great shock.
What the fuck bearing does Neil Kinnock have on Scottish devolution, exactly?

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
Thinking the EU is left-wing at all, nevermind communist, is just sheer ignorance and I'd ask anyone thinking it is to answer three simple questions rather than delve into the ideological underpinnings unnecessarily:

• Why has Tony Benn always opposed membership?
  • Why was Margaret Thatcher a founding signatory of the EU?
  • Why is it overwhelmingly supported by the Confederation of British Industry?
The EU is unquestionably capitalistic to a fault. Its totemic principles of free movement of goods, labour and capital couldn't be described along any other lines. It's why the right in this country are so split on it. Those of a more liberal, metropolitan persuasion tend to support it; those of a more conservative, rural ilk tend to see it as a tool of the devil.

TGR said:
nimrod said:

Exactly this.
Free University tuition
Free prescriptions

rest of his family?

Not if you went to school in the English education system.
Is free hospital car parking true? I remember having to pay every time I visited my grandfather at Glasgow Royal.
This is not true. My gran passed away two years ago and hadn't received any free care.

TGR said:

Actually, if the vote is a Yes that's when Salmond's problems will really start as he'll be expected to deliver on all those promises that he was never in a position to make.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.