Scotland Independance Referendum

leipzigblue said:
TGR said:
nimrod said:
If the jockistani's vote NO it will make the kiltwearing haggis munching twats look stupid after years and years of bleating on about how they hate the English and being ruled by Westminster :)

Exactly this.
However, the one thing the jocks do know is where their bread is buttered and where the cash comes from for them to enjoy:
Free University tuition
Free prescriptions
Free hospital car parking
Free care home / care of the elderly.

When the vote is a big 'No' then surely it has to be the end of Salmond's political career?
Whats the betting he gets a nice cushy number in Euro land - just like Neil Kinnock and the
rest of his family?

Not if you went to school in the English education system.
Is free hospital car parking true? I remember having to pay every time I visited my grandfather at Glasgow Royal.
This is not true. My gran passed away two years ago and hadn't received any free care.[/quob it is free parking my daughter had her baby in Glasgow she was in for a week so it saved us a few quid

I was quite surprised when I worked in Glasgow that, at the time, it wasn't a big topic of conversation (2 years ago). However, what surprised me more was the few people who did speak of it said it would be madness to split from the Union. Even stranger (to me anyway) were those expressing that view were staunch Celtic fans.

I'd vote for independence if I had any say in it, but then again I don't so it has fuck all to do with me!

Is there any serious debate now that the independence lobby will lose? I thought it was really a question of how much they will lose by - enough to have another go in a few years or bad enough to nail independence for a generation

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
SWP's back said:
So what you are basically saying Fetters is that people have different opinions?

No - what I am basically saying is that the right can't even agree amongst themselves, and contradict each other with every passing post.
I just find it amusing that they can see the SNP as both fascist and communist within half a dozen pages.
It's almost like they blanket bomb Salmond and the SNP with every possible accusation in the faint hope that eventually they will be right about something.
It's funny more than anything else, and a bit like watching a political debate in a residential nursing home where the residents have chronic Alzheimers.

Fetlocks it was me that raised the topic of fascism, but I was speaking in general terms I didn't accuse the SNP of it all, and I can't see that anybody else did either. Whilst I rejected the idea that they were communist.If anything they look like the Scottish version of the liberal democrats promising all the sweets in the shop so they can pay at politics, where as like the yellow stained sellouts, the "adventure" only just begins as soon as they have to make real political decisions.

Do I really "drive on the right"? Or was this just an opportunity for you to engage in one of your outrage outbursts.

Chris in London said:
Is there any serious debate now that the independence lobby will lose? I thought it was really a question of how much they will lose by - enough to have another go in a few years or bad enough to nail independence for a generation
Pretty much every poll suggests the gap is shortening, but there's still a large number of undecideds who'll ultimately swing it either way. Don't know much about historical elections, but apparently undecideds generally tend to err on the side of caution. A no vote is definitely more likely, but i reckon it'll be a lot closer than people think.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
SWP's back said:
So what you are basically saying Fetters is that people have different opinions?

No - what I am basically saying is that the right can't even agree amongst themselves, and contradict each other with every passing post.
I just find it amusing that they can see the SNP as both fascist and communist within half a dozen pages.
It's almost like they blanket bomb Salmond and the SNP with every possible accusation in the faint hope that eventually they will be right about something.
It's funny more than anything else, and a bit like watching a political debate in a residential nursing home where the residents have chronic Alzheimers.

Fetlocks it was me that raised the topic of fascism, but I was speaking in general terms I didn't accuse the SNP of it all, and I can't see that anybody else did either. Whilst I rejected the idea that they were communist.If anything they look like the Scottish version of the liberal democrats promising all the sweets in the shop so they can pay at politics, where as like the yellow stained sellouts, the "adventure" only just begins as soon as they have to make real political decisions.

Do I really "drive on the right"? Or was this just an opportunity for you to engage in one of your outrage outbursts.

I honestly don't have a clue what the fuck you are on about.
I didn't mention you by name.
I didn't quote you.
I wasn't replying to you.
In what parallel universe was this in any way about you?
Some of the usual nutjobs have called Salmond a 'Little Scotlander', which implies that they consider him to be right of centre.
Another equally bonkers one suggested that the SNP and the EEC were both communists by nature.
I merely pointed out this laughable dichotomy of the right on here.
Incredible as it may seem, not all of my posts are directed at you.
So put your toys back in the pram, and stop being upset-by-proxy.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Or was this just an opportunity for you to engage in one of your outrage outbursts.
I think the answer to your question is yes.

I think you are becoming incredibly boring.
To you, possibly. You may find that leaves you in a discernible minority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.