Scott Sinclair (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
city91 said:
waspish said:
Look if fans don't know why Fletcher went for money than AJ I give up
Why did Fletcher go for more money? and the whole wage perspective is irrelevent when AJ is the one who wanted out.

Because he wanted out doesn't Mean he put it in writing plus it is about wages fletcher on around 30k a week > AJ on 80kX52X5=20m 10m + add ons to make it 15m is good business
Nothing to do with putting it in writing, if a player wants out and we are not desperate to sell then the ball is in City's court not the players and the buying club must meet our valuation of the player. As the selling club we do not have to factor the cost of wages as its for the buying club to meet that. I think we could of got a bit more money for AJ but the fee we got wasn't disasterous for the club as some people make out. I'm just pointing out that the if a player wants to leave then city should not and doesn't have to accept a reduced fee.

Re the low looking fee for AJ, it's not that he's not a 'good' player - more the case that he's on a very high salary for a 'good' player so the buying club needs to cost the total package (fee + salary) and the higher the salary the lower the fee they can afford to pay.
Sinclair is likely to get a huge wage hike coming in but still be on less than AJ was - more cost effective / tracks back / younger and hungrier. Not such a bad bit of business IMO.

Let me sum up . .

Anyone who has watched AJ play for us MUST KNOW HE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH.

Only fans of other clubs (who never saw his inept displays and 'im a star ' attitude actually rated him.

But every manager and scout in the prem must of seen enough to put them off .... NOT A BIDDING WAR WAS IT!

I know nothing of Sinclair,but if Mancini rates him more than AJ i trust his judgement. AJ is a waster,and anyone who has ever played to win can see it.

johnmc said:
stan bowles said:
johnmc said:
AJ will be far more expensive for the buying club over the duration of the deal

Johnson has taken a pay cut so unless you have inside knowledge of Fletcher's package (ooh-er) then you cannot assert such an argument.

Well in that case you have no knowledge of what was an undisclosed fee unless you have inside knowledge

You're happy with what we got for Johnson. I am not. Not much either of us can do about it now. We've been a soft touch in the transfer market for years and every club in Europe knows it.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:14 pm --<br /><br />
Bluescholar said:
Let me sum up . .

Only fans of other clubs (who never saw his inept displays and 'im a star ' attitude actually rated him.

But every manager and scout in the prem must of seen enough to put them off .... NOT A BIDDING WAR WAS IT!

I know nothing of Sinclair,but if Mancini rates him more than AJ i trust his judgement. AJ is a waster,and anyone who has ever played to win can see it.

David Silva tweeted he was sorry to see Johnson go. A good friend and a top player was how Silva put it. But then, what would he know about football ?

stan bowles said:
bluesince76 said:
stan bowles said:
Jarvis from Wolves to West Ham for £10.75m....great bit of business by Marwood selling AJ for less.

If AJ was so good and so cheap, how come no one else put in a bid? The best result for us would have been an auction, yet none happened. Does that mean AJ went for his real price and no one was willing to pay over the odds?

Yes, Jarvis and Fletcher went for more, but that was down to the stupid bids from the buying clubs.

Appreciate that doesn't fit with the generally held view that everyone on here could do a better job than Marwood (and by default, therefore, Khaldoon and then Mansour), but it does seem to fit with the reality of life in the real world.

-- Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:31 pm --

deano ou812 said:
We had more than one club in for johnson,as for adebayor and bridge its already been explained on here,all about wages....

Who were these other clubs who put in bids then? Real bids I mean, not just Twitter rumours

-- Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:32 pm --

city91 said:
We were not desperate to sell AJ so Sunderland either met our valuation or didn't get him. AJ was the one who wanted out of City therefore that should have had no affect on the price we sold him for

But if we'd already bought his replacement, we'd have looked much keener to sell, therefore affecting his price

It was Sunderland who paid £12.6 million for Fletcher from Wolves and then, after what appears to have been very brief negotiations, take a current England international from us for £10m. Does that not strike you as bad business ?

Paying that much for Fletcher strikes me as very bad business, yes.

As for AJ, we'll probably get more than £10m depending on appearances etc and when you take his high wages into account, he isn't a cheap deal for Sunderland

stan bowles said:
johnmc said:
stan bowles said:
Johnson has taken a pay cut so unless you have inside knowledge of Fletcher's package (ooh-er) then you cannot assert such an argument.

Well in that case you have no knowledge of what was an undisclosed fee unless you have inside knowledge

You're happy with what we got for Johnson. I am not. Not much either of us can do about it now. We've been a soft touch in the transfer market for years and every club in Europe knows it.

-- Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:14 pm --

Bluescholar said:
Let me sum up . .

David Silva tweeted he was sorry to see Johnson go. A good friend and a top player was how Silva put it. But then, what would he know about football ?

What was silva gonna say?? Johnson is obviously not a shit footballer but how often would he make your first XI? We just got £10m for a squad player ie not someone who will weaken us.

I will pretty much guarantee that Johnson will cost Sunderland more than fletcher.

bluesince76 said:
stan bowles said:
bluesince76 said:
If AJ was so good and so cheap, how come no one else put in a bid? The best result for us would have been an auction, yet none happened. Does that mean AJ went for his real price and no one was willing to pay over the odds?

Yes, Jarvis and Fletcher went for more, but that was down to the stupid bids from the buying clubs.

Appreciate that doesn't fit with the generally held view that everyone on here could do a better job than Marwood (and by default, therefore, Khaldoon and then Mansour), but it does seem to fit with the reality of life in the real world.

-- Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:31 pm --

Who were these other clubs who put in bids then? Real bids I mean, not just Twitter rumours

-- Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:32 pm --

But if we'd already bought his replacement, we'd have looked much keener to sell, therefore affecting his price

It was Sunderland who paid £12.6 million for Fletcher from Wolves and then, after what appears to have been very brief negotiations, take a current England international from us for £10m. Does that not strike you as bad business ?

Paying that much for Fletcher strikes me as very bad business, yes.

As for AJ, we'll probably get more than £10m depending on appearances etc and when you take his high wages into account, he isn't a cheap deal for Sunderland

He's taken a pay cut to join them. I reiterate if they can pay that much for Fletcher then we could have held out for more for Johnson. There were other clubs interested in him after all.

stan bowles said:
johnmc said:
stan bowles said:

You're happy with what we got for Johnson. I am not. Not much either of us can do about it now. We've been a soft touch in the transfer market for years and every club in Europe knows it.

-- Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:14 pm --

Bluescholar said:
Let me sum up . .

He is being nice, i am sure he was a good friend,and he is a good player,but not good enough..... Signing for Sunderland speaks volumes.... Do you think Silva will follow nim there?

stan bowles said:
He's taken a pay cut to join them. I reiterate if they can pay that much for Fletcher then we could have held out for more for Johnson. There were other clubs interested in him after all.

So even with this wage cut (where is this from) who do you think is on the higher wage of the two?

riley347 said:
manimanc said:
Does sinclair track back?

Was that aj's downfall?

Have we sold a player and replaced him with an identical player with the same attributes?

A strange player in/out that i can't quiye get my head round...

In roberto we trust i suppose!!!

it,s AJ,s attitude that RM despised- never questioned his ability- RM won,t have it......

and if the legend that is Mancini won't have it then that's good enough for the overwhelming majority of Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.