Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICT-Tam said:
oakiecokie said:
ICT-Tam said:
Young, english and cheap (ish). Like Milner and Aj. Marwood's other signings. Neither of those two get an awful lot of game time and i imagine Mancini doesnt want another young winger begging for game time.

So Marwood off his own back,just goes out willy nilly and signs any fucker who takes his fancy ?
I think not,seeing that a Committee was formed by Khaldoon to oversee transfers,which includes Bobby sitting on it.
Unbelievable Jeff !

Well, obviously, he's not gone off and signed him without it being deemed a good signing by those concerned. I just dont think this is a player that Mancini has asked to have signed.

I don't think that is an unreasonable view. There must be a few different ways that signings come about. Obviously I don't know for sure but as an example, I think it is fair to assume that Mancini will have specifically requested (and probably insisted) that the club sign Balotelli whereas I doubt that was the case for Adam Johnson. When people talk about Marwood sigings, I don't think anyone is suggesting that Mancini turns up to work and gets told that Marwood has signed a player that Mancini doesn't want.

BlueBilly said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
simonmdm said:
Rodgers left and they got an unknown manager to replace him

Really ? What makes Brian Laudrup unknown, he has managed at a higher standard than Rodgers already and was undoubtedly a better player in his day ?

Michael Laudrup is Swansea's new manager, not Brian mate.

But back to topic; yeah, one of the greatest footballers who has ever lived, definitely unknown.
Yep.
Swansea's problem won't be if he's good enough it will be is he using them as a step to bigger and better things?

oakiecokie said:
LongsightM13 said:
Other clubs in the top 6 haven't exactly been fighting over him, have they?

By the same token have any of the above enquired about Johnson ?
I'm sure the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle have been linked with him in the past and would be interested if the price was right

LongsightM13 said:
Other clubs in the top 6 haven't exactly been fighting over him, have they?

That's fair enough but I doubt we will be signing him with a view to him starting 30 matches this season would we? Surely he would be more of a squad player, and I reckon he'd do a decent job coming on as an impact sub or starting against the weaker teams to give others a rest. It is arguable whether he is better or worse than AJ but he certainly offers pace which AJ definitely doesn't. Personally, I'd easily be as pleased to see him coming off the bench for us as I would to see AJ.

He is a squad addition that we need, that much is true.

As for first team, I cannot ever see him being a feature. He simply isn't good enough.

As for pedantic views on fans not seeing him hence unhappiness I disagree. He is one heck of a come down from Hazard, Lavezzi, Moura and Pedro. That's probably why this move hasn't whetted appetites.

He will definately boost the squad and is a much needed homegrown player. The main gain for us is that he offers a plan b fast paced winger option. I see us keeping Edin now and maybe offloading Tevez which would have been the plan of Mancini and many fans not so long ago.

As long as we get Agger and a CM I will be happy with our squad regardless of whether or not we sign RVP. I'd sooner we sell Tevez, not replace him and spend the money on a World Class CM who would start for us if FFP and budgeting is an obstacle. I.e Get De Rossi or Sahin!

The more I think about this transfer I think of it being prudent bit of business. A homegrown wide man who's promising and cheap, a player that will boost our options and offer us something different. I'd have likes a 'better' player but being as wide men aren't a feature of our play I understand the move.

Just because he wasnt big money doesnt mean that he wont be a big player if surrounded by the right talent, clichy kompany, hart werent big money but vital players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.