Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

Yes, I am not going to get into the Celtic v Rangers thing, but it does seem like they started supporting Israel just to be different to Celtic as you are in favour of Palestine.

By the way my own take on Israel-Palestine is a moderate one. I tend to take a moderate stance on some topics and I tend to be a humanist, and I think in the sense there are innocent and guilty people on both sides. Those innocent people just want it to stop. But I think about it in those terms. The Rangers fans who support Israel haven't considered why and, as you and I say, it seems basically like a 'you do this and we do the opposite' sort of thing. It is very childish.

The Union Bears do seem like horrible scumbags, and many of them seem young, yes. It's really not on that they're not being charged with stuff, or at least banned from Ibrox for life.

As for me, I am not religious. I don't care about Protestant, Catholic segments of Christianity, or Islam, or anything. I flit between being agnostic and atheist depending on how firm and bold I am feeling at a certain time. I have no problem if someone finds solace and meaning in religion. But the religious hatred among the Old Firm fans is something I don't understand, especially as many are non-practicing. It's just awful that it is happening in the 21st century.

Celtic fans have a lot of problems too in that sense, but I would agree that Rangers fans are worse in general. But maybe that's because I lean a bit left of centre in some issues and definitely nowhere near right, so am repulsed by many of the things Rangers stand for.
I am an atheist and have no truck with anyone believing utter nonsense. There were no riots here, but the UB were seen out walking, they love a walk. They are younger and extreme, both in religion and politics. They probably couldn’t point out Israel on a map. The majority of us support a better deal for the Palestinians, whilst, me at least don’t agree with the October atrack and accepted Israel had to respond. What I don’t agree with is the scale of the response snd no right minded person could. Only hate filled Nazi loving vermin. It’s all about a hate for the other, and why they hate us so much. That and having a team that Fucks up their superiority complex.again, ours.

We are no more than 800,000 strong and yet, here we are about to overtake their trophy haul, without refs. That does their heads in. As it should. We need to put up with gate filked sectarian walks where these mutants spew onto our streets. Being under our heel they can’t take. They better get used to it.

Fair enough mate - like I say I don't lean either way (referring to your football points) I think you will continue to dominate but personally not bothered who wins the league as I dislike both clubs (you seem a good guy and I agree with you on some stuff so don't wanna argue with you cos I am more critical of Celtic than you are). As I said I would like to see someone else win it for a change outside of Rangers or Celtic, but that won't happen.

I agree with the stuff about Israel and Hamas. The reaction from Israel was bad. My overall point is that it's horrendous that innocent people are dying, thanks to the evil leaders and factions on both sides.

I do tend to take a more humanist view on it. There are good people - both Palestine and Israeli - who just want this all to stop.

I don't think orange or republican walks should be permitted in Scotland.

Fair enough mate - like I say I don't lean either way (referring to your football points) I think you will continue to dominate but personally not bothered who wins the league as I dislike both clubs (you seem a good guy and I agree with you on some stuff so don't wanna argue with you cos I am more critical of Celtic than you are). As I said I would like to see someone else win it for a change outside of Rangers or Celtic, but that won't happen.

I agree with the stuff about Israel and Hamas. The reaction from Israel was bad. My overall point is that it's horrendous that innocent people are dying, thanks to the evil leaders and factions on both sides.

I do tend to take a more humanist view on it. There are good people - both Palestine and Israeli - who just want this all to stop.

I don't think orange or republican walks should be permitted in Scotland.
I don’t like the walks on either side. It just keeps a wound open and divides people. Anybody that condems a whole group they don’t know is moronic. My best pal is a rangers man. I was married twice into Rangers families. My friend group comprises both. Great people. It’s the hardcore on both sides that sadden me. Anyway, let’s hope for a better situation with people stop being anrseholes over religion.

I honestly don't think the Rangers fanbase as a whole is smart enough to think that deeply about it and make the connection.

And yeah, it is very very sad that politics and religion are still playing a part in all this. I don't know why it is so important to them and why they hate each other over it. But then, I am not one of them.
A significant section of the West Coast of Scotland has the reputation of being a very bigoted region re religion. Lads, lasses; it's the 21st century, FFS. Move on.

What a bunch. Should be said that just because this happened to be caught on video, it happens weekly.

Zero self policing from their own support, same with sectarian abuse. It's all allowed to happen, promoted by the club and the media.

"Just listen to the atmosphere" was the commentary on sky sports after rangers scored against Celtic at Ibrox. At the time in question, the entire stadium was belting out being up to their knees in Fenian blood.

But it's only a minority....allegedly. aye right.

I don’t like the walks on either side. It just keeps a wound open and divides people. Anybody that condems a whole group they don’t know is moronic. My best pal is a rangers man. I was married twice into Rangers families. My friend group comprises both. Great people. It’s the hardcore on both sides that sadden me. Anyway, let’s hope for a better situation with people stop being anrseholes over religion.
Yes I agree with you. Unfortunately it is too deeply ingrained into West of Scotland society now.

I think it is eternal now. It's been around too long, over 200 years or so since Irish immigrants came to Scotland. Maybe that's a pessimistic outlook, but as I said before I say what I honestly think even if what I think isn't what I want the truth to be.

The walks, as you say, just fuel division and reinforce and exacerbate the problem. There's also obviously the problem of passing the bigotry across generations.

What a bunch. Should be said that just because this happened to be caught on video, it happens weekly.

Zero self policing from their own support, same with sectarian abuse. It's all allowed to happen, promoted by the club and the media.

"Just listen to the atmosphere" was the commentary on sky sports after rangers scored against Celtic at Ibrox. At the time in question, the entire stadium was belting out being up to their knees in Fenian blood.

But it's only a minority....allegedly. aye right.

That video is disgraceful. Absolute cowards and animals lacking in compassion and respect.

Rangers ran a 'Rangers for Everyone' thing a year or two ago, not sure if it is still going. Talking about Rangers being inclusive and for anyone and everyone. But the club clearly endorses and is built on sectarian hatred so how could it ever run that PR stunt and expect people to fall for it?

A significant section of the West Coast of Scotland has the reputation of being a very bigoted region re religion. Lads, lasses; it's the 21st century, FFS. Move on.
Falkirk is the same both teams.
Not as bad as it was last century but still there hanging about like a bad smell.
Celebrations in Glasgow now when one of the teams wins something are an embarrassment to both clubs.
No idea how this practice started and allowed to continue.

Falkirk is the same both teams.
Not as bad as it was last century but still there hanging about like a bad smell.
Celebrations in Glasgow now when one of the teams wins something are an embarrassment to both clubs.
No idea how this practice started and allowed to continue.
They seem to be stuck in some sort of 19th/20th century time warp. Even the north of this island I live on seems to have moved on (though, undoubtedly, there's still fuckwits around on both sides).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.