Scottish independence

Rascal said:
I totally get why many Scots would vote to leave the Union as im propbably as fed up with the country being subjected to Neo-Liberalism as they are. Rule from London i feel is no longer acceptable to the vast amount of Brits as our country is too London centric. The success of London masks the real problems of the rest of the rest of the UK. London sucks resources in and the spend on London by Government far outstrips spending on anyother area of the UK. London is a rich city but parts of the UK are poorer than parts of Eastern Europe. Nothing is done to rebalance this. Manchester gets huge cuts to services whilst London commuter belt communities get none.

The Scots quite rightly want to decide their own destiny and shape their country according to their political beliefs, which appear profoundly different to those of England. I hope their belief in social justice serves to illuminate people and i hope they vote yes and prove it can be done.

Saying all that though i do fear for the future. I actually like the UK and its proved for hundreds of years that political and monetary union are achievable given the right mindset. I fear the disintegration of the UK. Wales next? A united Ireland? Cornwall secceding?

What happens to the Army? What happens to the 20K Scots who work for the UK govt? What happens at the border? The BBC? Can we still use Scottish power? If the Scots are not part of the EU will we need a passport to go to Glasgow? The questions are endless and i havent seen many answers.

My heart says go on Scotland vote Yes, my head says dont be fucking daft Scotland vote No.
Good post ya wee Rascal ye :)
I'm defo a no for it.
As ye say yerself,UK is very likeable,I don't,obviously hate the English,47 years of supporting an English team should put paid to that.Always had a laugh in the Kompany (sp) of the Welsh & Irish as well.
I don't listen to the politicians on TV,I'll let TTT think for himself thank you.
The thing is Rascal,when we stay....yer gonna huv tae git yoost tae the tawk,issat awrite ma man :)

VOTE NAW peeps.

whp.blue said:
masterwig said:
I can see immigration becoming an issue when they all try to move south. Wonder what UKIP's stance will be?

quite straight forward I would imagine

As a non EU country the Jocks would have no automatic right to entry

Has Salmond set out the immigration policy for an independent Scotland? If it's much different from our own things will get very complicated. We'd have to close the border which would cost a fortune.

masterwig said:
whp.blue said:
masterwig said:
I can see immigration becoming an issue when they all try to move south. Wonder what UKIP's stance will be?

quite straight forward I would imagine

As a non EU country the Jocks would have no automatic right to entry

Has Salmond set out the immigration policy for an independent Scotland? If it's much different from our own things will get very complicated. We'd have to close the border which would cost a fortune.

its like the old saying 'eat your dinner before its cooked' i'd imagine many policy's in the event of a win have not been thought of along with the cost, they would have two years to get the house in order so they are going to be very busy

TTTCITYBHOY said:
marco said:
i'm taking a crash course in dry stone walling so i can nip in quick with an estimate to make hadrian's wall good

And I'll knock it back down again to get to the Etihad Marco :)

half a dozen cod from Loch Long a Scotch loaf and deep fried meat pie and i'l leave you a little hole to get through

I hope the 'turn keys' who locked me up in Tobago Street nick Glasgow from the Saturday Afternoon to Monday Afternoon in 1981 have all suffered a coronary from eating deep fried Mars Bars and meat pies the fat twunts, as they gorged themselves I got 3 cups of tea and 2 ham butties and a regular dose of ''ya English bastard'' in all that time, bastids

marco said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
marco said:
i'm taking a crash course in dry stone walling so i can nip in quick with an estimate to make hadrian's wall good

And I'll knock it back down again to get to the Etihad Marco :)

half a dozen cod from Loch Long a Scotch loaf and deep fried meat pie and i'l leave you a little hole to get through

Tell ye what,I'll throw in some square sausage,Buckfast,and a haggis,if I can catch 1,it's the mating season,yer on mate.

blue underpants said:
I hope the 'turn keys' who locked me up in Tobago Street nick Glasgow from the Saturday Afternoon to Monday Afternoon in 1981 have all suffered a coronary from eating deep fried Mars Bars and meat pies the fat twunts, as they gorged themselves I got 3 cups of tea and 2 ham butties and a regular dose of ''ya English bastard'' in all that time, bastids

Why did ye get nicked bu

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.