Scottish independence

Balti said:
can we vote to fuck them off?

would make life so much easier

I always find it interesting that the Soviet Union collapsed because Russia pulled out.

If England pulled out of the UK then it would also collapse. You couldn't realistically have a UK comprising
Scotland, Wales & N Ireland. It would be a bit rough on the Welsh & N Irish though.

A lot of posts about it being economic suicide.care to explain? Also not being in the E.U. Isn't tories goin have referendum into UK as a whole pulling out anyways? As for the pound no pound no debt it's that simple.how can a country pay for a debt that has no currency?

marco said:
johnmc said:
nimrod said:
how can Ireland ever be unified when more than half the people dont want to be part of the republic ?

So if the more than half side that doesn't want it to be part of the republic became 49%? And what if the republic were to vote given that it would be rejoining the south?[/quote
]
well the republic Irish would have no say 'no vote' and the vast majority of northern Ireland are pro British 'i think' correct me if i'm wrong

If Ireland were to be unified against the wishes of the Northern Ireland protestants, the fall out would make the "troubles" seem like a couple of kids squabbling.

nimrod said:
Balti said:
can we vote to fuck them off?

would make life so much easier

just wondering if Barcon cares about this..

514974be1c32c.jpeg

But it's nice to know you're thinking aboot me.

I don't care much for politics, and I certainly don't care for the Common Wealth Games.

Before the Common Wealth Games started my gut feeling was the majority of Scots would vote yes. Now, my gut feeling is the majority of Scots will vote no simply because the Common Wealth Games took place a few months earlier. I have nothing to back up this gut feeling, just influenced by things like a Hurricane in New York made it safe for Obama in the last election.

Clever dick whoever it was in London who made it so that the vote took place in the same year that Glasgow hosted the Common Wealth Games.

cibaman said:
marco said:

So if the more than half side that doesn't want it to be part of the republic became 49%? And what if the republic were to vote given that it would be rejoining the south?[/quote
]
well the republic Irish would have no say 'no vote' and the vast majority of northern Ireland are pro British 'i think' correct me if i'm wrong

If Ireland were to be unified against the wishes of the Northern Ireland protestants, the fall out would make the "troubles" seem like a couple of kids squabbling.

maybe norn iron should be split up into 3 countries

nimrod said:
cibaman said:
marco said:
]

maybe norn iron should be split up into 3 countries

we could perhaps do this with gtr mcr as well

maybe 7 counties/ countries though

I moved to Aberdeen a year ago and the yes vote has gathered some momentum. The thing i notice is that any scot with any kind of business or economic savvy will vote no, the racist anti-english numb fuckers will be voting yes.
Salmond is miles out of his depth, his campaign manager favours an independent currency, the SNP is committed to the pound. The rest of the UK say they cant share the pound but the snp has no plan B, nor will they talk figures regarding start-up costs, a new fiscal and banking system or how much taxes will rise. They assumed they would have automatic membership of the EU, they havent. To answer an earlier post, an independent scotland would have little chance of riding out another recession without the umbrella of the UK. The SNP is akin to the Liberal party and scotland would be a financial basketcase within 5 years.
I will be voting no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.