Scottish independence

blue cigar said:
I moved to Aberdeen a year ago and the yes vote has gathered some momentum. The thing i notice is that any scot with any kind of business or economic savvy will vote no, the racist anti-english numb fuckers will be voting yes.
Salmond is miles out of his depth, his campaign manager favours an independent currency, the SNP is committed to the pound. The rest of the UK say they cant share the pound but the snp has no plan B, nor will they talk figures regarding start-up costs, a new fiscal and banking system or how much taxes will rise. They assumed they would have automatic membership of the EU, they havent. To answer an earlier post, an independent scotland would have little chance of riding out another recession without the umbrella of the UK. The SNP is akin to the Liberal party and scotland would be a financial basketcase within 5 years.
I will be voting no.

After speaking with some customers up in Scotland the other day - this is exactly their take on the situation also.
As I have stated previously I really do hope they vote 'Yes'.

ut sementem feceris ita metes ...

Blue Til Death said:
Ifwecouldjust....... said:
W12 said:
We should have a vote as well.

No ....cause they'd be guaranteed independence

And your point is....????

we'd want rid...of their Royal Bank of Scotland, HBOS, the fact they per capita they get more money out of the system than people in England, Scots fortnight in Blackpool, Haggis, men wearing skirts, Burns night, accents you can't understand, women who fight, deep fried Mars bars,

do i need to list more?

TGR said:
blue cigar said:
I moved to Aberdeen a year ago and the yes vote has gathered some momentum. The thing i notice is that any scot with any kind of business or economic savvy will vote no, the racist anti-english numb fuckers will be voting yes.
Salmond is miles out of his depth, his campaign manager favours an independent currency, the SNP is committed to the pound. The rest of the UK say they cant share the pound but the snp has no plan B, nor will they talk figures regarding start-up costs, a new fiscal and banking system or how much taxes will rise. They assumed they would have automatic membership of the EU, they havent. To answer an earlier post, an independent scotland would have little chance of riding out another recession without the umbrella of the UK. The SNP is akin to the Liberal party and scotland would be a financial basketcase within 5 years.
I will be voting no.

After speaking with some customers up in Scotland the other day - this is exactly their take on the situation also.
As I have stated previously I really do hope they vote 'Yes'.

ut sementem feceris ita metes ...
You have stated previously you hope for a 'Yes' vote but you haven't stated why.
How come you "really do Hope they vote 'Yes' ".

Blue Til Death said:

we'd want rid...of their Royal Bank of Scotland, HBOS, the fact they per capita they get more money out of the system than people in England, Scots fortnight in Blackpool, Haggis, men wearing skirts, Burns night, accents you can't understand, women who fight, deep fried Mars bars,

do i need to list more?

Preaching to the converted mate.. not met an Englishman or Woman that thinks any different.. !

Blue Til Death said:

do i need to list more?
Shush, that's what Londinions think about most of the people in other regions of England ( substituting local English customs for Scottish obviously). If you shout it from the rooftops they might consider breaking off from the rest of England, setting up their own kingdom (Greater Londinium say), and then the rest of us would all be in the shit.

Blue Til Death said:
Blue Til Death said:

do i need to list more?

Preaching to the converted mate.. not met an Englishman or Woman that thinks any different.. !

Most people I know would be happy for the Scots to stay in the UK. But there's definitely a strong view that if they vote for independence there should be complete separation, none of this retaining the pound, keeping the best bits.

Curiously, when the discussion moves on to whether the UK should leave the EU many of those same people seem to change their views by 180 degrees. Leaving the EU would be painless, we'd keep all the good bits but without the bureaucracy or loss of sovereignty.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDTb819BZS4[/video]

What's the capital of Scotland ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.