Scottish independence

I'm With Stupid said:
Matty said:
Not forgetting , of course, that goods produced in England/Wales will now be imports from a foreign country, with the associated costs, taxes etc, that cost will feed through to the consumer.
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that there's free trade within the EU and as such they're not subject to any import taxes (with the possible exception of alcohol/tobacco).
But Scotland won't remain in the EU will they, if they go independent? ( or they'll have to re-apply which may not be successful.)

From a football perspective they are already a separate country, unlike Catalonia, Basque country.

And as two of the people I loathe most on this planet Ferguson and Beckham have come out in support of No then for me let Scotland have its independence.

Over the years they must have got seriously pissed off with Thatcher and now they have Old Etonians running their country. from London.

Interesting article in the Sun blasting Cameron for 'allowing the referendum to slide disastrously out of control" and stating that "A 'yes' vote will be nothing short of a disaster for both sides of the border.We will all be diminished. Great Britain will be Little Britain".

Powerful and surprising stuff from the Sun.

I would have put them firmly in the camp of the little Englanders who want to live in their small country ( curtain twitching and spying on their neighbours), happy that Labour have lost forty seats in Parliament and their beloved Tories have a great chance of remaining in power for the forseeable future.

Still some things come as a pleasant surprise.

Well done to the Sun!

Len Rum said:
Interesting article in the Sun blasting Cameron for 'allowing the referendum to slide disastrously out of control" and stating that "A 'yes' vote will be nothing short of a disaster for both sides of the border.We will all be diminished. Great Britain will be Little Britain".

I would have put them firmly in the camp of the little Englanders who want to live in their small country ( curtain twitching and spying on their neighbours), happy that Labour have lost forty seats in Parliament and their beloved Tories have a great chance of remaining in power for the forseeable future.

Well done to the Sun!
Did you really just type that?

Len Rum said:

Well done to the Sun!

I reckon England will just about survive without Scotland. It's when Wales goes for independence in the aftermatch that we really have to worry. How will we cope without everything that Wales brings to the UK?

Lancet Fluke said:
Len Rum said:

Well done to the Sun!

I reckon England will just about survive without Scotland. It's when Wales goes for independence in the aftermatch that we really have to worry. How will we cope without everything that Wales brings to the UK?

At least your holiday cottage will be safe!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.