Scottish independence

stony said:
JackFlash74 said:
TGR said:
Yes.
But hopefully no Scottish MP's in Westminster.

You will until 24 March 2016. Hopefully Independence Day número uno for us Scotch.

What will you do for jobs when all the firms relocate to England ?

Idle threats and propaganda from a hostile media and a worried political establishment. Businesses are only interested in doing business. Do you think these businesses are in Scotland at the moment for the benefit of Scotland? No, there here because they can make money and will continue to do so.

JackFlash74 said:
TGR said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
If the yes vote is successful will us English folk still have to put up with jocks living down here!!

Yes.
But hopefully no Scottish MP's in Westminster.

You will until 24 March 2016. Hopefully Independence Day número uno for us Scotch.
Yes, you Scotch deserve it, have a great party.

Hope the jocks see sense and vote better together

Never really considered my much of a Unionist in any way but our ties are so close I believe the UK is worth preserving

I will caveat that with I hope is hugely increased regional governance. By that I mean more autonomy for Manchester to do its thing. What the fuck does some Eton educated buffoon who lives in rural Oxfordshire know about living in a northern city? And no I don't want a fucking Mayor figure like Boris I want proper regional and local representation with powers that the near 3 million people of Gt Manchester deserve.

All regions of the UK are different and the current one fits all approach from Westminster only ever appears to work for the City of London.

As a proud Manc I have more in common with scousers, geordies, Glaswegians than I do with London and its time that the UK recognised that whilst being British is fine, local answers to local issues is what we need.

HS2 is a case in point. It makes London closer but it does not help the North connect. I Can get to Leeds in a cattle wagon in an hour, whilst London 4 times further away can be reached every 15 mins in nice plush trains in about 2 hours.

So from you Jock lads please say no and join in trying to get local democracy for all

Rascal said:

Never really considered my much of a Unionist in any way but our ties are so close I believe the UK is worth preserving

I will caveat that with I hope is hugely increased regional governance. By that I mean more autonomy for Manchester to do its thing. What the fuck does some Eton educated buffoon who lives in rural Oxfordshire know about living in a northern city? And no I don't want a fucking Mayor figure like Boris I want proper regional and local representation with powers that the near 3 million people of Gt Manchester deserve.

All regions of the UK are different and the current one fits all approach from Westminster only ever appears to work for the City of London.

As a proud Manc I have more in common with scousers, geordies, Glaswegians than I do with London and its time that the UK recognised that whilst being British is fine, local answers to local issues is what we need.

HS2 is a case in point. It makes London closer but it does not help the North connect. I Can get to Leeds in a cattle wagon in an hour, whilst London 4 times further away can be reached every 15 mins in nice plush trains in about 2 hours.

So from you Jock lads please say no and join in trying to get local democracy for all

A few years ago I would've said the exact same words as yourself, but I'm afraid the "we're all in this together" is clearly an illusion. The political union between the 2 countries is finished. Although the No vote will win it's just delaying the inevitable. The political union between the 2 countries is finished. When the Tories win next May (and they will) people up here will simply not put up with it again.

Rascal said:

Personally speaking I've got sod all in common with scousers except being attached by the ship canal and I wouldn't want to contribute to anymore dudley do nothing politicians sticking their noses in the gravy thanks very much.

JackFlash74 said:
stony said:
JackFlash74 said:

Idle threats and propaganda from a hostile media and a worried political establishment. Businesses are only interested in doing business. Do you think these businesses are in Scotland at the moment for the benefit of Scotland? No, there here because they can make money and will continue to do so.

Fuck me some of you are in for a nasty fucking surprise if you get independence.

stony said:
JackFlash74 said:
stony said:

Fuck me some of you are in for a nasty fucking surprise if you get independence.
Too right he is how many jobs depend on the faslane submarine base, I can't see England basing it's Nuclear deterrent there, Companies basing themselves in Scotland because of grants available will move to a market of 60 million as opposed to 5 million. i have no problem with Scotland leaving the Union if that's what the people want. just need to brace ourselves for another influx of immigrants looking for work.

i kne albert davy said:
Personally speaking I've got sod all in common with scousers except being attached by the ship canal and I wouldn't want to contribute to anymore dudley do nothing politicians sticking their noses in the gravy thanks very much.

We have far more in common with scousers than we do London.

Our Northern cities have been neglected big time.

Sadly your point about political gravy train originated in London and its why I want local democracy from local people on behalf of us the locals. I want Manc people working for Manchester with enhanced powers to give us the City we deserve. I want Manc politicians able to deal with ADUG to make our city a real world class place for everyone.

Its time the cunts in London concentrated on national matters such as defence etc whilst allowing us to look after our own as we see fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.