Scottish independence

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Rascal said:
Hope the jocks see sense and vote better together

Never really considered my much of a Unionist in any way but our ties are so close I believe the UK is worth preserving

I will caveat that with I hope is hugely increased regional governance. By that I mean more autonomy for Manchester to do its thing. What the fuck does some Eton educated buffoon who lives in rural Oxfordshire know about living in a northern city? And no I don't want a fucking Mayor figure like Boris I want proper regional and local representation with powers that the near 3 million people of Gt Manchester deserve.

All regions of the UK are different and the current one fits all approach from Westminster only ever appears to work for the City of London.

As a proud Manc I have more in common with scousers, geordies, Glaswegians than I do with London and its time that the UK recognised that whilst being British is fine, local answers to local issues is what we need.

HS2 is a case in point. It makes London closer but it does not help the North connect. I Can get to Leeds in a cattle wagon in an hour, whilst London 4 times further away can be reached every 15 mins in nice plush trains in about 2 hours.

So from you Jock lads please say no and join in trying to get local democracy for all

Good sentiments but tbh we're too far apart now....Scots get free university places, free eye checks, free prescriptions......the Scots Govt are clearly more concerned about the education ,health and welfare of its population rather than trying to make a profit.

good luck to them i say
So do I. Everyone knows you don't need any spare cash to pay for education, health and welfare.

Ancient Citizen said:
Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Rascal said:
Hope the jocks see sense and vote better together

Never really considered my much of a Unionist in any way but our ties are so close I believe the UK is worth preserving

I will caveat that with I hope is hugely increased regional governance. By that I mean more autonomy for Manchester to do its thing. What the fuck does some Eton educated buffoon who lives in rural Oxfordshire know about living in a northern city? And no I don't want a fucking Mayor figure like Boris I want proper regional and local representation with powers that the near 3 million people of Gt Manchester deserve.

All regions of the UK are different and the current one fits all approach from Westminster only ever appears to work for the City of London.

As a proud Manc I have more in common with scousers, geordies, Glaswegians than I do with London and its time that the UK recognised that whilst being British is fine, local answers to local issues is what we need.

HS2 is a case in point. It makes London closer but it does not help the North connect. I Can get to Leeds in a cattle wagon in an hour, whilst London 4 times further away can be reached every 15 mins in nice plush trains in about 2 hours.

So from you Jock lads please say no and join in trying to get local democracy for all

Good sentiments but tbh we're too far apart now....Scots get free university places, free eye checks, free prescriptions......the Scots Govt are clearly more concerned about the education ,health and welfare of its population rather than trying to make a profit.

good luck to them i say
So do I. Everyone knows you don't need any spare cash to pay for education, health and welfare.

The Welsh have free prescriptions and free university too. Living here now and seeing the difference between the Welsh NHS and the NHS in England and the difference between the primary/secondary school system here and in England, it is outrageous. Wales is becoming like a third world country. Their priorities are fucked and now so is their country.

blue cigar said:
The UK govt have always stated that an independent Scotland could not share the pound. The reality is that there would be a negotiated sharing of the currency because the rest of the UK has to trade with Scotland and wouldnt put that in jeopardy, Alex Salmond is absolutely relying on it. What the good folk living in England need to realise is that they would in effect be underwriting the Scottish economy if we share the pound, as stated by George Osborne, the rest of the UK would carry the risk of the Scottish economy imploding, a real risk with the fukin idiots running the show up here. Hope for a no vote.

There is a precedent here, when the Irish Free State (Republic of Ireland) was created they pegged their currency at a 1/1 for the pound and continued to accept the pound as legal tendor...although their currency wouldn't be accepted outside of RoI.

I don't want the scots voting to stay in because they are afraid of the alternative, it will always be made to work, I want them to vote to stay in because they see the UK as being much better with them inside....which it is. I have never had any difficulty in seeing a scotman as Scottish first and foremost, they don't need independence from the union for that.

Alex Salmond is a fucking twat thou

JackFlash74 said:
TGR said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
If the yes vote is successful will us English folk still have to put up with jocks living down here!!

Yes.
But hopefully no Scottish MP's in Westminster.

You will until 24 March 2016. Hopefully Independence Day número uno for us Scotch.

You're no Scot. No Scottish person would refer to their countrymen collectively as 'Scotch'.

JackFlash74 said:
Most of the people who work at Faslane are people who don't live there so the effect on the local economy is minimal. Bars and shops were complaining of the lack of trade there recently on the news. It's also hardly a holiday spot now considering what's housed there.
Even if that's true, they must live elsewhere in Scotland and Faslane's closure will still have a significant effect on the Scottish economy as a whole.

UUBlue said:
JackFlash74 said:
TGR said:
Yes.
But hopefully no Scottish MP's in Westminster.

You will until 24 March 2016. Hopefully Independence Day número uno for us Scotch.

You're no Scot. No Scottish person would refer to their countrymen collectively as 'Scotch'.
You leave him alone, he sounds well Scotch to me.

west didsblue said:
JackFlash74 said:
Most of the people who work at Faslane are people who don't live there so the effect on the local economy is minimal. Bars and shops were complaining of the lack of trade there recently on the news. It's also hardly a holiday spot now considering what's housed there.
Even if that's true, they must live elsewhere in Scotland and Faslane's closure will still have a significant effect on the Scottish economy as a whole.
Go or stay it's all the same to me North Sea oils coming to the end of its run now if our friends north of the border want break up the union fair enough now where can we build our two aircraft carriers don't want the Royal Navy ships being built in a foreign country.

i kne albert davy said:
west didsblue said:
JackFlash74 said:
Go or stay it's all the same to me North Sea oils coming to the end of its run now if our friends north of the border want break up the union fair enough now where can we build our two aircraft carriers don't want the Royal Navy ships being built in a foreign country.
Now, now, less of the scaremongering, I'm sure the Scotch will put in a decent bid.

Salmond's a thundercunt. He said Scotland's a nation of drunks, that may be true but it shouldn't be said in public.

_68604286_salmond_flag.jpg

Cringe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.