Scum v Manchester City: Official Match Thread

Re: Manchester United VS Manchester City

jay_mcfc said:
I want us to be well balanced; if we try to 'twat' them we'll probably get twatted and if we park the bus we'll be in danger of losing and looking silly. I think it would be silly to play like we did against Arsenal because we're a bit behind the 8 ball at the moment and a win can chnge things but if we draw 0-0 I can't say I'll be disappointed.

The thing we have to cast aside is the fact it's a derby. I see it as a game of 1st against 3rd and if 3rd want to win the league then they have to win this game.

this could work in both ways. if bobby tells them this they might not be as fired up as if they were told its a derby. The players should be fired up to the max for this games anyways!

greeny-ctid said:
this could work in both ways. if bobby tells them this they might not be as fired up as if they were told its a derby. The players should be fired up to the max for this games anyways!

Very small minded. Winning the league is far more important than winning a derby for our players. For the first time in decades we're playing them in the second half of the season with something 'real' to play for.

I think Bobby will be conservative once again, however hopefully his learnt from the Arsenal game away.

I have a feeling Silva is gonna be in sublime form this game, winning this would really be a statement of intent.

jay_mcfc said:
greeny-ctid said:

Very small minded. Winning the league is far more important than winning a derby for our players. For the first time in decades we're playing them in the second half of the season with something 'real' to play for.

i get what u mean mate but will we win the prem this season i think its possible but lets take it one game at a time.

The closer it gets the more nervous I get. I think they are there for the taking. Individually we are better. It's just because they have played together and played the same way for years that they have got away with 2/3 players having an off day this season.

Got a fookin wedding reception to go to on Saturday night. Inconsiderate bastards!! I think I'll be turning up a little merry ;)

Our wing play is limited with AJ's absence, so no great options out wide to supply the strikers. Milner is ok in the centre but from what i've seen he cant beat or outpace a fullback (particularly evra), SWP could be an option but lack of match practice, yada yada. Because of this both Utd fullbacks will be able to bob on as we'll mainly attack down the centre. If he plays Zabber & AK13 this might null out Nanci & Rafael but Evra will have a field day with Boeteng.
All this shit of course is only my opinion.

greeny-ctid said:
jay_mcfc said:

i get what u mean mate but will we win the prem this season i think its possible but lets take it one game at a time.

If it IS possible to win the title this season then we need to get three points at the Swamp , for more than one reason ....... a draw isn't good enough!

Can I add a thought?
This is the clash between the team with the best home record this season in real terms (the rags) and the team with the best away record this season ( US . . on the basis that the arses away record is screwed by playing us with 10 men).
RM's a successful professional manager and the tactics we utilise will be derived from risk analysis (probably something based on Crystal Ball Analysis or CBA). For those of you who aren't familiar with that tool - it's a computer programme platform into which you enter data sets that affect a particular outcome or part of. Each data set considers the likelihood of a particular outcome in particular circumstances. Thousands of data sets are entered and the result is a bell curve that demonstrates the mode of play that will bring the highest likelihood of the optimum result.
Thje key issue is what is the optimum result? If it's a do or die situation (knock out competition for example) then the optimum result is always a straight win (unless the bell curve demonstrates that a draw and home replay is the ideal route). In a PL game a defensive formation, with the chance to perhaps sneak a goal and win, may be the best formation statistically [say a 48% chance of 1 point, 7% chance of 3 point and 45% chance of being stuffed] versus an attacking formation [resulting in 30% chance of 3 points, 5% chance of 1 point and 65% chance of being stuffed).
Seems pretty formulaic and bland huh? Well, that's only the start because the whole construct relies on a knowledge of how the opposition will play - that's where bluff and double bluff comes in. . . .
That's where we rely on RM to do what he does well and what we can only guess at. . . I can imagine the kind of pressure he'll be under and I'll be happy with whatever he does. . very very happy with a win though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.