Season Card info now on OS

mikeyk07 said:
hilts said:
Pretty hard to keep justifying 10% increases every year, i managed to sidestep it by getting rid of interest charges, then reducing from platinum to gold, have ran out of options now though so Sunday will be my last game, bit pissed off but that is life, they really do take advantage of your love of the club

A championship would be a great way to bow out

Value Gold £299 is another option for a season, or quarterly direct debit is less painful.

Did the quarterly last year fella, the thing is at some point you have to say enough is enough, we can all make excuses and say it is only a few quid more per game etc... but in fairness we are deluding ourselves, we love city and that is why they get away with it, 10% every year is a piss take simple as, it is 5x inflation year on year, when the majority wake up it will be too late, the daft thing is i have stopped buying city related stuff for the last few years to compensate for the increases but have realised i am just delaying the inevitable

I will see every game next year as any fan could but i aint paying 700 quid for the "matchday experience", my love for the club will not wane in the slightest

In any other aspect of life this would cause an uproar, but you can't switch clubs like car insurance, the sad thing is financially it didn't have to be done

hilts said:
mikeyk07 said:
hilts said:
Pretty hard to keep justifying 10% increases every year, i managed to sidestep it by getting rid of interest charges, then reducing from platinum to gold, have ran out of options now though so Sunday will be my last game, bit pissed off but that is life, they really do take advantage of your love of the club

A championship would be a great way to bow out

Value Gold £299 is another option for a season, or quarterly direct debit is less painful.

Did the quarterly last year fella, the thing is at some point you have to say enough is enough, we can all make excuses and say it is only a few quid more per game etc... but in fairness we are deluding ourselves, we love city and that is why they get away with it, 10% every year is a piss take simple as, it is 5x inflation year on year, when the majority wake up it will be too late, the daft thing is i have stopped buying city related stuff for the last few years to compensate for the increases but have realised i am just delaying the inevitable

I will see every game next year as any fan could but i aint paying 700 quid for the "matchday experience", my love for the club will not wane in the slightest

In any other aspect of life this would cause an uproar, but you can't switch clubs like car insurance, the sad thing is financially it didn't have to be done

Well said, and my feelings exactly. I can afford the £700 for renewal, but I baulk at the idea of being taken for granted. Football clubs have their fans over a barrel, and the fans are being bled dry. Mind you, there will be plenty willing to pay. Something football clubs could do with employing is a 'hearts and minds' policy, but it's all about squeezing every penny out of the fan. Hey ho......

malg said:
hilts said:
mikeyk07 said:

Well said, and my feelings exactly. I can afford the £700 for renewal, but I baulk at the idea of being taken for granted. Football clubs have their fans over a barrel, and the fans are being bled dry. Mind you, there will be plenty willing to pay. Something football clubs could do with employing is a 'hearts and minds' policy, but it's all about squeezing every penny out of the fan. Hey ho......

In fairness we have been paying well below the average for years. The club have tried to bring it to where its relative to other clubs fairly slowly rather than in one whack. I've read some people on here who's tickets have reduced. Plus the value tickets the club has always done and more on the way. We pay less than united and Liverpool for comparative seats even after the increase. Yes it's hard on fans but the board will see other clubs paying more for selling a lesser product in effect and think surely that's not the best way to run a business

^^I know what you're saying, but just because some may charge more doesn't make it right. However, as I said, there will always be people who will pay it, so the clubs will continue to rip the piss.

malg said:
^^I know what you're saying, but just because some may charge more doesn't make it right. However, as I said, there will always be people who will pay it, so the clubs will continue to rip the piss.

It doesn't make it right because tickets never go the other way. If by chance we failed to qualify for the champions league and not likely to go for a trophy the prices don't come down, they may be frozen and fans think its a wonderful gesture which is wrong. But, even taking London prices out of the equation, the season tickets are relatively cheap in comparison with clubs of similar ambition.

As many of you know a few city centre blues are doing a huge end of season party in town on Sunday evening
We've decided it best to keep it off social media in the end so if you're interested in coming down considering the magnitude of the last one we did , inbox me or like the status and I'll inbox the flyer and details
GET INVOLVED BLUES and pls share this status or send out the flyer to your mates
Let's make this one go down in city folklore just like the last one…

Dan gambino said:
As many of you know a few city centre blues are doing a huge end of season party in town on Sunday evening
We've decided it best to keep it off social media in the end so if you're interested in coming down considering the magnitude of the last one we did , inbox me or like the status and I'll inbox the flyer and details
GET INVOLVED BLUES and pls share this status or send out the flyer to your mates
Let's make this one go down in city folklore just like the last one…

How much do you stand to pocket if its full?

johnmc said:
malg said:
hilts said:

In fairness we have been paying well below the average for years. The club have tried to bring it to where its relative to other clubs fairly slowly rather than in one whack. I've read some people on here who's tickets have reduced. Plus the value tickets the club has always done and more on the way. We pay less than united and Liverpool for comparative seats even after the increase. Yes it's hard on fans but the board will see other clubs paying more for selling a lesser product in effect and think surely that's not the best way to run a business

I have a huge problem with this argument, it doesn't matter to me if liverpool charge their fans 1 pound or a 1000 pound for their season ticket, i am not a liverpool fan. my brother had a season ticket at Wigan it was cheap so what? i ain't going to become a Wigan fan because it is cheaper, my choice is City or nothing, the fact other clubs are getting slightly more fucked than us isn't a comfort.

They ain't doing it gradually(if 10% a year is gradual) they are doing it at a rate they can get away with

The word product worries me, it isn't a product to us, my first game was 1978 and i don't remember ticket prices reflecting how good or bad we were. tbh i can still watch this football whether i go or not

We used to laugh at the rags for how the club used to take the piss and was full of the prawn sandwich brigrade, as long as their are enough people falling for this shit it will carry on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.