Season Card Reservations/Relocations Direct Debit update 11/6

With the new capacity of 55,000, I'm guessing there will be an increase in availability of season tickets from 36,000 to around 41,500 maintaining the existing proportion of ST holders. This means there will be an extra 5,500 tickets roughly. At present there are about 9,500 on the waiting list however I reckon a fair proportion will be after £299 or £380 tickets of which there will only be a couple of thousand available. This suggests that quite a lot on the list won't be taking up their season tickets. I don't know how many existing season ticket holders typically don't renew but let's say about 1,000 making total additional availability around 6,500, I'm therefore guessing that nearly everyone who's prepared to pay £500/600+ for a ST on the waiting list will get one. Does this make sense?

I suspect even those last on the waiting list will get an option to buy a ticket. Might not be the cheaper seats but there will be plenty of the more expensive ones available I would think.

west didsblue said:
With the new capacity of 55,000, I'm guessing there will be an increase in availability of season tickets from 36,000 to around 41,500 maintaining the existing proportion of ST holders. This means there will be an extra 5,500 tickets roughly. At present there are about 9,500 on the waiting list however I reckon a fair proportion will be after £299 or £380 tickets of which there will only be a couple of thousand available. This suggests that quite a lot on the list won't be taking up their season tickets. I don't know how many existing season ticket holders typically don't renew but let's say about 1,000 making total additional availability around 6,500, I'm therefore guessing that nearly everyone who's prepared to pay £500/600+ for a ST on the waiting list will get one. Does this make sense?

Hope so. I'm needing quite a few non renewals to have a chance this season (8000 on the list). Wasn't expecting this next season, but the 16-17, so anything earlier is a big Brucie

west didsblue said:

Its interesting to be considered a Newbie when i've supported the club since I was 7 (40+) years and was a Kippax season ticket holder for over 15 years and spent my formative years on the kippax wall on the half way line. I went 2 seasons not missing a game home or away including York lol. Increasing work committments saw me attending less than half the home games (sometimes less) so it no longer made any financial sense to keep my ticket despite the fact I gave it to friends and family gratis when I couldn't attend. However those same committments are a lot less these days so I can re-take my rightful place. I signed up in Sep 13 and am 2200 or something on the list. I thought there might be a large natural wasteage and may even be in with a shout for one beginning of this year so was surprised when persons claiming to be No 44 and some even less on the list on this thread claimed to be still waiting. I never wanted a 299 ticket as my peepers aren't what they were and I prefer level 1 (although level 2 is a great view as well). Level 3 doesn't do it for me and I've experienced both sides L3 views, watched the derby game from CB L3 for 71 quid (viagogo price). Despite this I would have gone for SS L3 first couple of rows but they've been snapped up. I opted for the 450-600 level tickets as part of the application process so am hoping for somewhere in the singing section. Tbh those others on the list I have spoken to are in the same boat and none of us expected a cheap seat to be available by the time the offer of a SC came to us. Although this isn't a large enough sample of folk to be considered as representative. I've spent over 800 notes this year on matchday tickets so the current ST prices don't put me off (apart from the L2 Premium prices). I understand the grievances of those people forced to move away from views and friends they've had for years but sympathise with the clubs position regarding matchday revenue and the need to drastically increase it to compete with the other big hitters in this League. I don't see a fairer approach than the one taken. Some will always say it's a drop in the ocean when compared to the TV money etc but millions of pounds extra revenue is what it is. The club may take a different view if and when FFP gets its rightful comeuppance - the break even part at least! I do hope all the spare SC tickets go and the extra peeps can get the atmosphere going it would be great to hear the SS as one voice rocking the place! I'll be doing my best as a newbie to make sure it happens.

Just having a nose round using the online relocation system is quite interesting. Theres some really great seats still up for grabs. In my old, old block 302 theres two together on row two. In level one theres two together in row J. I must say the new system is fab. I've queued up to move for the last two years and this is way more civilised. I look at seats between exits, they seem less desired but I can't work out why.
headscratch.gif

My relocation window closes today, I've moved block and shall miss my old seats. Someone snapped them up as soon as I realeased them. Best get back to work!
rolleyes.gif

I hope everyone gets the right seats at the price right for them. CTID.

Couple of quality posts regarding all this "newbie/jolly come lately" nonsense. Sick of hearing it on here and at the games.
Excluding the foreign tourists, do people really think that guys in the 30s/40s/50s have just turned up and started supporting City since 2008' it's a myth.

The only time I see grown men/women walking round the ETIHAD or watching the game like they have no interest or idea what is going on is when they have a couple of kids with them who are buzzing to watch their first game. So if that means we sell a season card to a "newbie" because he's bought 2 for his kids then sounds good to me.

We've lost a generation of fans to United so get them in and who knows in 10 years time we might have a ground half full of 18-25 year old die yards to get the ETIHAD rocking and us moaning old fuckers can retire in the Colin bell stand :)

The front three rows aren't selling too well. We've sold a grand total of 584! Its a tale of two halves. The majority of these are in the South Stand where virtually all are sold. The least are found in the North Stand and account for only a handful.

I know, I have too much time on my hands!
icecream.gif

Anyone else become a bit addicted to this? I've relocated our 3 seats..... 4 times!! Ha. Latest move was last night managed to source 3 together in row C of 316 new stand.

Ennis said:
Anyone else become a bit addicted to this? I've relocated our 3 seats..... 4 times!! Ha. Latest move was last night managed to source 3 together in row C of 316 new stand.

ha Ha! Fantastic, I thought it was only me!

Also I thought you were only allowed three moves so I've been saving one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.