Season Card Reservations/Relocations Direct Debit update 11/6

Re: Season Card Reservation,New ST etc 2015/16 Season.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Kaini Industries said:
grim up north said:
Absolute bollox

Just checked, and no, it's not.

sKy are slimey stealing sly cunts, I was paying £21.50 a month then they bumped me up to £55!

Do you have sky broadband? if so they are running a £10 a month off for a year on your tv package, you just have to call them

AZUL said:
I'm taking the nipper to London on the train next Saturday , booked tickets to the Tower of London, hms belfast and gonna pay £12 for tube travel. This has cost me £132 so far and I've not even bought a happy meal. Entertainment costs, it isn't an essential

Do you go to London 25 times a year?

1961_vintage said:
ColinLee said:
I played around with a spreadsheet and came up with some broad price tiers, estimating the number of blocks in each actual price tier (it's more or less accurate).

In the £299 to £620 tiers that amounts to 55% of total capacity, £16 to £33 a seat. (£299 - 5%, £380 - 4% BTW).

In the £700 to £900 tiers it's 37% of capacity, £37 to £47 a seat.

In the rich kids seats £1150 to £1750 it's just 7% of capacity (yes, I know I lost 1% somewhere but I did say it was rough), £60 to £92 a seat (gulp).

Now I don't think having around 30,000 seats out of 55,000 that cheap (and it is cheap nowadays) to watch City in their present guise is a bad thing at all.
If you think that makes me a "happy clapper" and you violently disagree (as some seem to on here right now) then perhaps you need to look in the mirror and consider what that makes you.

Decent analysis that CL - great work.

It would be good to get a clear view on the impact of the £5 billion in TV revenues - maybe show what the Club would not be able to book as revenue for next season's FFP purposes if say for example they had frozen all ticket prices?
Actually I realised (after the fact) that I made a cock up on the 30,000 seats out of 55,000 capacity bit. I forgot to add back in the away fans and the corporate blocks so it will be a bit less than 30,000. I'm at work now, so I'll update it tomorrow. The rest of it still stands.

ColinLee said:
1961_vintage said:
ColinLee said:
I played around with a spreadsheet and came up with some broad price tiers, estimating the number of blocks in each actual price tier (it's more or less accurate).

In the £299 to £620 tiers that amounts to 55% of total capacity, £16 to £33 a seat. (£299 - 5%, £380 - 4% BTW).

In the rich kids seats £1150 to £1750 it's just 7% of capacity (yes, I know I lost 1% somewhere but I did say it was rough), £60 to £92 a seat (gulp).

Now I don't think having around 30,000 seats out of 55,000 that cheap (and it is cheap nowadays) to watch City in their present guise is a bad thing at all.
If you think that makes me a "happy clapper" and you violently disagree (as some seem to on here right now) then perhaps you need to look in the mirror and consider what that makes you.

It would be good to get a clear view on the impact of the £5 billion in TV revenues - maybe show what the Club would not be able to book as revenue for next season's FFP purposes if say for example they had frozen all ticket prices?
Actually I realised (after the fact) that I made a cock up on the 30,000 seats out of 55,000 capacity bit. I forgot to add back in the away fans and the corporate blocks so it will be a bit less than 30,000. I'm at work now, so I'll update it tomorrow. The rest of it still stands.

OK cheers mate - always useful to have some facts in the debate to go with the emotion!

1961_vintage said:
ColinLee said:

I agree.

As for the pricing structure, and how they came to it, its easy, I'm pretty sure they've looked at Wembley, and gone down the same road. Each time we've played there, I've bought the best available, cheapest ticket, those on the row in front, or in the block next have paid considerably more, yet have the same view as me pretty well. Pretty sure the emirates is the same, and the new WHL will probably look at ours and follow suit. OT has so many corporate areas its difficult to compare, but basically the further from the pitch the cheaper, applies there too.

It just means you need to be clever in where you sit to get the best view at the cheapest cost.

dtharrison said:
Manchester1894 said:
Sickening, even though I left my seasoncard in 2010-11 after 8 years. It was £450. It's now £620. Yes I know we had the best value seasoncards BUT this is too far now.

This article highlights how much people are being pushed to the financial limit;
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/11031461/League-table-of-Premier-League-season-ticket-costs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... costs.html</a>

And for individual match-goers, Man City fans fork out the most at around £44 for a home game (£41 for Chelsea home fans).

How much will a match day ticket be now???

I've not bought a membership as I'd go to 3-4 matches a season now I'm a dad. I don't care what match I'd watch, but I'm not paying £25+ for a membership on top of the £45-60 odd ticket price, never mind take a 4yo and pay his membership too.

Our dearest seasoncard last season was £860... it's now £1,750. ONE SEVEN FIVE ZERO. Disgusting. The dearest seasoncard outside London. Even the rags, kings of being bastards to their fans, are left in our wake.

And of course PITCH SIDE.... dearer than the £299??? You won't even be able to see the ball on the ground.

Have you looked at all the details ? For £1750 you don't just get your seat but free parking ,free program free drink
Plus many other perks
And there's only around 500 seats max priced at that level. Going off some of the posts on here you'd think all 55,000 were being charged the same.

ColinLee said:
dtharrison said:
Manchester1894 said:
Sickening, even though I left my seasoncard in 2010-11 after 8 years. It was £450. It's now £620. Yes I know we had the best value seasoncards BUT this is too far now.

This article highlights how much people are being pushed to the financial limit;
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/11031461/League-table-of-Premier-League-season-ticket-costs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... costs.html</a>

How much will a match day ticket be now???

I've not bought a membership as I'd go to 3-4 matches a season now I'm a dad. I don't care what match I'd watch, but I'm not paying £25+ for a membership on top of the £45-60 odd ticket price, never mind take a 4yo and pay his membership too.

Our dearest seasoncard last season was £860... it's now £1,750. ONE SEVEN FIVE ZERO. Disgusting. The dearest seasoncard outside London. Even the rags, kings of being bastards to their fans, are left in our wake.

And of course PITCH SIDE.... dearer than the £299??? You won't even be able to see the ball on the ground.

Have you looked at all the details ? For £1750 you don't just get your seat but free parking ,free program free drink
Plus many other perks
And there's only around 500 seats max priced at that level. Going off some of the posts on here you'd think all 55,000 were being charged the same.

From what I can see blocks 221 and 227 of the Colin Bell, 210 to 204 of the East stand an bits of 215 and 216 are going to be hospitality or 1000 pounds plus which is a sizeable enough part of the stadium. Let's hope the club have got it right and it won't just be rows of empty seats.

dtharrison said:
Plus many other perks
The parking isn't free you pay for it in the increase, and it certainly isn't a perk when it takes 2 hrs to get out of the car park and back on to the Mancunian Way after a match.

Gray said:
dtharrison said:
Plus many other perks
The parking isn't free you pay for it in the increase, and it certainly isn't a perk when it takes 2 hrs to get out of the car park and back on to the Mancunian Way after a match.

If I had to pay that much I`d expect a fooking pint in Summerbees as a freebie also, whilst the traffic died down.

oakiecokie said:
Gray said:
dtharrison said:
Plus many other perks

If I had to pay that much I`d expect a fooking pint in Summerbees as a freebie also, whilst the traffic died down.

They might get that I don't know, but nobody HAS to pay that much. There will be people willing to pay that if they think the perks are worth it, as I say I haven't bothered looking, but I'm sure the club have done some research and aren't just plucking these things out of thin air.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.