Season Card Reservations/Relocations Direct Debit update 11/6

Re: Season Card Reservation,New ST etc 2015/16 Season.

Prestwich_Blue said:
ColinLee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
We've been the most loyal fans imaginable over the last 40 or so years. We've put up with shit owners, shit players and shit performances for most of it and still turned out in large numbers to support our team.

And now, when things are going well and we're successful, many of those people have been cast aside in favour of the wealthy corporate market, who are only interested in sheeling out because of the success. Whatever else the owners have done for us, it stinks and I believe people are quite entitled to moan.
Have to disagree with that, there's what, less than 2,000 seats over a grand. City have done their homework and obviously decided that there's a market for a very limited number of premium seats to fit between the corporate and the higher end "normal" seats. They've added a much greater number of "cheap" seats which will make it easier for anyone struggling to afford the ST in the first place (the 10 month interest free option is a cracker). The worst that's happened is that some people will have to move seats and if that the worst that's ever happened to someone they should be thanking the gods and not acting like they've been gelded.

This isn't a pop aimed specifically at you PB BTW.
I haven't taken it as one. I can see both sides and I've always said we'd go down this route as part of the expansion, with a higher percentage of premium/corporate seats. So I expected that and understand that it meant that people were going to be forced out. But I understand why people aren't happy. Also they were told the cost was going to be around £1,000 but it's much higher than that. If it was the former, then more people might think "I'll stretch to that for a season then see" particularly when they're offering the option of ten interest free payments, which is a positive move. I'll also give the club credit for getting rid of Viagogo, which was a horrible little scheme that just encouraged seats remaining empty.

But when they've been talking about doing something for loyal season ticket holders then you think it might have occurred to someone that doing it for people who they knew were goingbto be affected by this would be a good place to start.

Also, why not put at least some of these new premium seats in the new 3rd tier, which is purpose built? There's already corporate seats behind the goal so it's not an outrageous concept.

Like I've said, I hope they've dobe their homework. If the new seats are full or nearly full every game, then we'll know they have. But if that area looks like Club Wembley for the FA Trophy final, for a wet Wednesday night game against the likes of Stoke or West Brom, then there will be very good grounds for questioning the policy.

PB I don't think Premium seats would sell in either the North or South Stands. They may even not sell in the blocks proposed.

I believe the club would have been better in giving people some notice before they introduced them though. At least then the fans could have prepared themselves for the change.

Lets be totally honest ref what City are trying to do over the CBL2 areas.For years when our Financial Report comes out,whats the first thing we cry about !! Corporate and Hospitality !!
Time and time again we complain how little we make yearly in this band and make comparisons with other Clubs revenue in this area,but now when trying to push this,there is outrage.
I don`t agree with some theories that the Club are not looking after the fans.We want the best on the field and if that means we need to help the club out then so be it.
I think we all agree that we need a good clear out,some of our transfers have been dicky to say the least,but the overall squad just needs tweaking here and there.I would expect at least 4 quality players to come in plus a couple of English players,based on the fact that potentially three players could well be out of the door anyway.
And lets be totally honest not one single person on this forum has any idea as to the amount of money we can spend,due to FFP restrictions,that are currently still in place and still difficult to understand whether they will still be in place at the start of next season.No one on here seems to be able to give a confident response due to the wording,which even perplexes the academia students in our midst.
Onwards and upwards after this piss poor season.

mad zab said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
ColinLee said:
Have to disagree with that, there's what, less than 2,000 seats over a grand. City have done their homework and obviously decided that there's a market for a very limited number of premium seats to fit between the corporate and the higher end "normal" seats. They've added a much greater number of "cheap" seats which will make it easier for anyone struggling to afford the ST in the first place (the 10 month interest free option is a cracker). The worst that's happened is that some people will have to move seats and if that the worst that's ever happened to someone they should be thanking the gods and not acting like they've been gelded.

I haven't taken it as one. I can see both sides and I've always said we'd go down this route as part of the expansion, with a higher percentage of premium/corporate seats. So I expected that and understand that it meant that people were going to be forced out. But I understand why people aren't happy. Also they were told the cost was going to be around £1,000 but it's much higher than that. If it was the former, then more people might think "I'll stretch to that for a season then see" particularly when they're offering the option of ten interest free payments, which is a positive move. I'll also give the club credit for getting rid of Viagogo, which was a horrible little scheme that just encouraged seats remaining empty.

But when they've been talking about doing something for loyal season ticket holders then you think it might have occurred to someone that doing it for people who they knew were goingbto be affected by this would be a good place to start.

Also, why not put at least some of these new premium seats in the new 3rd tier, which is purpose built? There's already corporate seats behind the goal so it's not an outrageous concept.

Like I've said, I hope they've dobe their homework. If the new seats are full or nearly full every game, then we'll know they have. But if that area looks like Club Wembley for the FA Trophy final, for a wet Wednesday night game against the likes of Stoke or West Brom, then there will be very good grounds for questioning the policy.

PB I don't think Premium seats would sell in either the North or South Stands. They may even not sell in the blocks proposed.

I believe the club would have been better in giving people some notice before they introduced them though. At least then the fans could have prepared themselves for the change.

Very nearly fell for this one.

117 M34 said:
mad zab said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Damn, if it wasn't for your post I would have done.

ColinLee said:
117 M34 said:
mad zab said:

Damn, if it wasn't for your post I would have done.

My season ticket renewal pack hasn't arrived yet so I'm hoping this is an extended April Fools!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
ColinLee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
We've been the most loyal fans imaginable over the last 40 or so years. We've put up with shit owners, shit players and shit performances for most of it and still turned out in large numbers to support our team.

And now, when things are going well and we're successful, many of those people have been cast aside in favour of the wealthy corporate market, who are only interested in sheeling out because of the success. Whatever else the owners have done for us, it stinks and I believe people are quite entitled to moan.

Good, I had to cover myself on here since there's some real mardy arses about.

From what I understand people were told it was "from £1150"? "from" being the operative word.

As for putting some premium seats in the 3rd tier as well perhaps it's as someone said and they'll get a chance to meet and greet old players? Perhaps it's due to having access to certain facilities?

I can see the layout being mirrored when the North Stand is expanded for the premium seats at least.

ColinLee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
ColinLee said:

From what I understand people were told it was "from £1150"? "from" being the operative word.

As for putting some premium seats in the 3rd tier as well perhaps it's as someone said and they'll get a chance to meet and greet old players? Perhaps it's due to having access to certain facilities?

I can see the layout being mirrored when the North Stand is expanded for the premium seats at least.

People are moving on but quoting from £1,150 and charging up to £1,800 smacks of a two Bob outfit. Not a Club looking to compete with Bayern, Barca and Madrid.

Tim of the Oak said:
ColinLee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

People are moving on but quoting from £1,150 and charging up to £1,800 smacks of a two Bob outfit. Not a Club looking to compete with Bayern, Barca and Madrid.
Doing a quick count there's something like 600 seats priced at £1,750, just 600. So what exactly is the problem?

ColinLee said:
Tim of the Oak said:
ColinLee said:

Doing a quick count there's something like 600 seats priced at £1,750, just 600. So what exactly is the problem?

He`s a moaner,nothing else and I bet he sits in the Family Stand. ;).

oakiecokie said:
ColinLee said:
Tim of the Oak said:

He`s a moaner,nothing else and I bet he sits in the Family Stand. ;).

Colin's OK!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.