Season Card Reservations/Relocations Direct Debit update 11/6

Re: Season Card Reservation,New ST etc 2015/16 Season.

ColinLee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
mayo31 said:
No it is now about those who are ok telling those with concerns that they are moaning, whinging fuckers who should shut up or fuck off.

Usual stuff.
We've been the most loyal fans imaginable over the last 40 or so years. We've put up with shit owners, shit players and shit performances for most of it and still turned out in large numbers to support our team.

And now, when things are going well and we're successful, many of those people have been cast aside in favour of the wealthy corporate market, who are only interested in sheeling out because of the success. Whatever else the owners have done for us, it stinks and I believe people are quite entitled to moan.
Have to disagree with that, there's what, less than 2,000 seats over a grand. City have done their homework and obviously decided that there's a market for a very limited number of premium seats to fit between the corporate and the higher end "normal" seats. They've added a much greater number of "cheap" seats which will make it easier for anyone struggling to afford the ST in the first place (the 10 month interest free option is a cracker). The worst that's happened is that some people will have to move seats and if that the worst that's ever happened to someone they should be thanking the gods and not acting like they've been gelded.

This isn't a pop aimed specifically at you PB BTW.

I always have a lot of time for PB s posts and they are always worth Reading but I do think he has a bit of a bee in his bonnet about this and is criticizing the increases without taking into account the number of tickets from 299 to 450 which spread over ten months is a bargain.

The Club don't seem to be doing a lot to push Joes and 93:20. What little info they are giving does not make these areas seem particularly attractive, especially considering the big jump in costs.
I thought it was going to be an area where the old players would be giving their opinions on the matches and other entertainment. Nothing in the bumf to suggest this, that I can see.

blueparrot said:
ColinLee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
We've been the most loyal fans imaginable over the last 40 or so years. We've put up with shit owners, shit players and shit performances for most of it and still turned out in large numbers to support our team.

And now, when things are going well and we're successful, many of those people have been cast aside in favour of the wealthy corporate market, who are only interested in sheeling out because of the success. Whatever else the owners have done for us, it stinks and I believe people are quite entitled to moan.
Have to disagree with that, there's what, less than 2,000 seats over a grand. City have done their homework and obviously decided that there's a market for a very limited number of premium seats to fit between the corporate and the higher end "normal" seats. They've added a much greater number of "cheap" seats which will make it easier for anyone struggling to afford the ST in the first place (the 10 month interest free option is a cracker). The worst that's happened is that some people will have to move seats and if that the worst that's ever happened to someone they should be thanking the gods and not acting like they've been gelded.

I always have a lot of time for PB s posts and they are always worth Reading but I do think he has a bit of a bee in his bonnet about this and is criticizing the increases without taking into account the number of tickets from 299 to 450 which spread over ten months is a bargain.

The fans being asked to cough up or move are already paying the highest prices in the stadium. I don't think the £299 seats are too appealing to the majority of them.

I wonder how people unaffected by this would react if those being displaced were given the choice of any seats in the stadium, even if it mean someone else having to move? Let's say tier2 south stand for example all having to move because the people on the side all want their seats. It may cause a few more gripes.

I will only be affected by this if they do the same on the NS end and to be honest I will be ok moving as the thought of saving cash and skipping a few games on the back of it actually appeals to me. I don't like missing games when I am paying £800 but at £380 I would he happy to miss 3 or 4 that I don't fancy, particularly evening matches as I hate them.

I can see both sides of the argument here.

What I don't like are the constant little increases everywhere else every season. Beer, pies, cup game prices, £20 on ST etc etc...that pisses me off more than this concept.

Can't see why people are so obsessed with being on Level 2!

Either it's a Kudos thing or you're all either disabled, shortsighted or both. The seats on the front of Level 3 are just as good and the atmosphere in Level 2 is shocking. Full of old women and retired vicars; or so I'm told;-)

For me it's all about value for money, so based on the fact that the game watched from Level 2 is the same as the game viewed from any other position in the ground then it's all about the price.

I for one will be up in South Stand 3 at £299 for sure. Any other decision would be financial stupidity. This is less than £16 a game to watch Premier League football in a top class stadium. In short, it is an incredible chance for those who were already on the verge of giving up to prolong the Season Ticket ownership at Maine Road prices.

Well done City.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Can't see why people are so obsessed with being on Level 2!

Either it's a Kudos thing or you're all either disabled, shortsighted or both. The seats on the front of Level 3 are just as good and the atmosphere in Level 2 is shocking. Full of old women and retired vicars; or so I'm told;-)

For me it's all about value for money, so based on the fact that the game watched from Level 2 is the same as the game viewed from any other position in the ground then it's all about the price.

I for one will be up in South Stand 3 at £299 for sure. Any other decision would be financial stupidity. This is less than £16 a game to watch Premier League football in a top class stadium. In short, it is an incredible chance for those who were already on the verge of giving up to prolong the Season Ticket ownership at Maine Road prices.

Well done City.

hard to argue with this.

ColinLee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
mayo31 said:
No it is now about those who are ok telling those with concerns that they are moaning, whinging fuckers who should shut up or fuck off.

Usual stuff.

I haven't taken it as one. I can see both sides and I've always said we'd go down this route as part of the expansion, with a higher percentage of premium/corporate seats. So I expected that and understand that it meant that people were going to be forced out. But I understand why people aren't happy. Also they were told the cost was going to be around £1,000 but it's much higher than that. If it was the former, then more people might think "I'll stretch to that for a season then see" particularly when they're offering the option of ten interest free payments, which is a positive move. I'll also give the club credit for getting rid of Viagogo, which was a horrible little scheme that just encouraged seats remaining empty.

But when they've been talking about doing something for loyal season ticket holders then you think it might have occurred to someone that doing it for people who they knew were goingbto be affected by this would be a good place to start.

Also, why not put at least some of these new premium seats in the new 3rd tier, which is purpose built? There's already corporate seats behind the goal so it's not an outrageous concept.

Like I've said, I hope they've dobe their homework. If the new seats are full or nearly full every game, then we'll know they have. But if that area looks like Club Wembley for the FA Trophy final, for a wet Wednesday night game against the likes of Stoke or West Brom, then there will be very good grounds for questioning the policy.

if there is a demand for 1 or 2 thousand people at £1600 tickets,then surely the club have to exploit this ,at 55 000 capacity there is room for everyone,

Prestwich_Blue said:
ColinLee said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I haven't taken it as one. I can see both sides and I've always said we'd go down this route as part of the expansion, with a higher percentage of premium/corporate seats. So I expected that and understand that it meant that people were going to be forced out. But I understand why people aren't happy. Also they were told the cost was going to be around £1,000 but it's much higher than that. If it was the former, then more people might think "I'll stretch to that for a season then see" particularly when they're offering the option of ten interest free payments, which is a positive move. I'll also give the club credit for getting rid of Viagogo, which was a horrible little scheme that just encouraged seats remaining empty.

But when they've been talking about doing something for loyal season ticket holders then you think it might have occurred to someone that doing it for people who they knew were goingbto be affected by this would be a good place to start.

Also, why not put at least some of these new premium seats in the new 3rd tier, which is purpose built? There's already corporate seats behind the goal so it's not an outrageous concept.

Like I've said, I hope they've dobe their homework. If the new seats are full or nearly full every game, then we'll know they have. But if that area looks like Club Wembley for the FA Trophy final, for a wet Wednesday night game against the likes of Stoke or West Brom, then there will be very good grounds for questioning the policy.

From what I can make out there are 4 blocks on each side of those four 2 1/2 are priced 1150 to 1300, as somebody else said some who are already paying 800 -900 may decide to stay or shuffle along with extra 3 games free drinks , program me and car park at sixty pounds a game for 22 games.
It's the block and a half at 1600_ 1700 that will be harder to fill and may be bought by sponsors etc. I'm sure at times these will be left empty or only occupied for about an hour of the game, hopefully if we bring the right players in not too often .

Tim of the Oak said:
oakiecokie said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Good WUM. Seven weeks is Sweet FA when you've been cheering on your team for 40 years. I'll move seats and continue to get behind the Blues!

PB made the point earlier on that the price hikes could have been phased and that was clearly an option

Also, it would have been a little bit of courtesy for the Club's staff to phone the people who are most affected

Well if thats the best you can offer on how the club could have handled it differently,I wouldn`t have bothered to post it.WUM ? Hmmmmm.The truth hurts I see.
By the way will you be sticking or twisting with your ST for next season ? CB2 or the new £299 seat ? Just curious.

Thanks and a good post. I had already made the point that the price hikes were excessive.

I might be moving to 305 or 209. I am glad the Club offers £299 tickets but would rather those go to Blues who are struggling to make ends meet.

I also made the point earlier that I feel for those fans who will become the hardest hit,families and those just about making ends meet.

i know one thing, for those seats to be filled at those prices we had better have better football to watch than the terrible slow shit we've had this season. big decisions for the club come the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.