Season Tickets 2014/15

rickmcfc said:
Are people seriously complaining about out season ticket prices? We have the cheapest season tickets in the league, have the best players, challenging for titles, in the champions league and people are moaning it may be going up a little bit? Get a grip FFS. Compare our prices to the other teams in the top 4, or top 6, actually fuck it, the top 10 and you will realise our season tickets are an absolute bargain. If it's too much, simple, don't renew. There are plenty of people waiting.

So my season ticket will be doubling in price next season from £750 to nearly £1500. I have had no commincation from the club other that informing me of that. Should I not feel slightly aggrieved by that?

I have had my st for over 15 years since I was 11 and have Sat in the same seat since the move. The way the club has handled this has been shocking but according to some happy clappers we should just stop moaning smile and enjoy the football. Ok then

I entered the DD scheme last year so will be on an auto-renew.

I think I may be moving my seat at the end of the season so not sure how this would work if they just auto renew my current seat.

Anyone know before I contact the club?

ChicagoBlue said:
Season tickets expensive at the Etihad???? You have got to be shitting me?!

So, I guess booze, fags and takeaway have been off the menu for the last few decades then, too, eh?

Soooooo tired of hearing this argument EVERY FUCKING YEAR!

There are 36,000 season tickets and the ground is being made bigger just so the people WAITING FOR ONE can get one, yet people are whinging as if they are somehow entitled to one because they have been a fan for a while and don't like the club moving up in the world or attracting to "middle class" fans?!

In case you didn't see it, the City Season Ticket is the BEST VALUE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE, and the quality of the football you have been treated to the past few seasons has been some of the best, if not THE BEST, I have seen in the 40 odd years I have been going.

Step back and grab some perspective. The best seat in the stadium is about £700. Over 52 weeks, that is less than £15 a week. Cheapest season ticket is £300, or less than £6 a week!!

So, back to my first sentence!

But, if you don't drink, don't smoke and don't eat out, and that's still too much for you, I understand your dilemma and hope you are able to get to a game or two when able.

Best seat in the stadium is about £1400-1500. They are doubling the prices of many of the tickets around the half way line as they are trying to sell them to the richer fans. I think that's a bit out of order as some people have sat in their seat for well over 10 years.

Carrot and stick.

Higher prices for the premium seats, and as a sweetener, cheaper season tickets for current season ticket holders, if they want to take them up when the South and North stands are expanded.

I appreciate that does nothing or little for those who won't be able to afford the new premium seat prices, and will be forced to move.

ManuelPellegrini said:
I entered the DD scheme last year so will be on an auto-renew.

I think I may be moving my seat at the end of the season so not sure how this would work if they just auto renew my current seat.

Anyone know before I contact the club?

If its the same as previous seasons, you need to renew your current seat as normal, then once all season tickets have been sold there is a period where anyone who wants to move can request to do so. Keep your eye on the OS at renewal time to find out when to apply.

Not looking forward to this. I go up an age category so its likely 100 quid increase I imagine :(

The cost of a ticket isn't actually the issue. It's cost v available cash which is what people look at.

Unless you are in a position where you need to consider that fact to be honest you would have no idea what the longterm match goers are stressing about. I had to break for a few years in the 90's bringing up a family and CSA etc. Some things have to give. Prices are now higher and wages in general aren't rising anywhere near as much as ticket prices.

With football in general I now only do 3/4 aways a season plus cup aways which are cheaper. I probably could afford to do more but that would mean not only affecting my social life but also Mrs Moon's.

We've all known for the last few years that level 2 Colin Bell and east stand prices were going to go up by a lot. (5 years ago this was being talked about)
However a lot people think its there right to sit there and the club should leave them alone and allow them to pay a reduced price (or keep it cheap). In reality those seats are worth a premium and by charging that premium it allows the rest of the ground to stay at a competitive price.
We all have the option to move and lets be honest there's not really any seats with a bad view.

My lad turns 16 in February, how will this affect the price of his season ticket ?

goater1978 said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Season tickets expensive at the Etihad???? You have got to be shitting me?!

So, I guess booze, fags and takeaway have been off the menu for the last few decades then, too, eh?

Soooooo tired of hearing this argument EVERY FUCKING YEAR!

There are 36,000 season tickets and the ground is being made bigger just so the people WAITING FOR ONE can get one, yet people are whinging as if they are somehow entitled to one because they have been a fan for a while and don't like the club moving up in the world or attracting to "middle class" fans?!

In case you didn't see it, the City Season Ticket is the BEST VALUE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE, and the quality of the football you have been treated to the past few seasons has been some of the best, if not THE BEST, I have seen in the 40 odd years I have been going.

Step back and grab some perspective. The best seat in the stadium is about £700. Over 52 weeks, that is less than £15 a week. Cheapest season ticket is £300, or less than £6 a week!!

So, back to my first sentence!

But, if you don't drink, don't smoke and don't eat out, and that's still too much for you, I understand your dilemma and hope you are able to get to a game or two when able.

Best seat in the stadium is about £1400-1500. They are doubling the prices of many of the tickets around the half way line as they are trying to sell them to the richer fans. I think that's a bit out of order as some people have sat in their seat for well over 10 years.

East Stand, 202, cushy seat, ~£700, and about the best seat in the house! Always had FIVE season tickets together there since when we moved from Maine Road. Best deal in football!!

And, lest ANYONE thinks City are minting off the Season Tickets, they cover a FRACTION of the overhead of running the place and don't cover anything close to the salaries we give all those players we love!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.