Season Tickets - 2023/24

This is a disgrace. All fan groups need to be very vocal about this, we need banners condemning this and whatever else we can arrange for the real madrid game instead of whatever we might otherwise have planned. Maximum negative coverage, thats the only way we shame city into a rethink.

They increase it every single year, they couldnt give a shit about us and clearly will continue to do so because they know we will moan and accept it and if we dont tourists are ready to step in. it's time we group together and let our feelings be known.
NO we need all the positivity to be about beating Madrid!!

A rise in ticket prices is perhaps understandable but a shame nonetheless. To be honest I was half expecting a bigger rise in line with inflation.

A banner at the ground similar to “we will follow you everywhere” one making our feelings known. Really poor form from the club.

If we voice our disapproval here, we're just moaning to ourselves, nobody else gives a shit. if city matters, 1894 group etc put out statements saying they're disappointed etc maybe it gets a bit more coverage and might make the evening news but it largely reaches the same people and gets ignored.

if we have a full protest and banners in the champions league semi final against the biggest club in the world with probably 100's of millions watching on, we get our point across, it shames city and the global media pick up on it and they cannot ignore it. That's the only way it even registers with the people that decide the price.

We have 1 chance here to make ourselves heard, we have to take it and I'd hope the fan groups which do a great job of organising things involving displays and events could rally support and get something sorted against madrid to address this. this is bigger than upsetting the vibe of the crowd in an important game and has to be done.
FFS another one, focus needs to be on winning bs Madrid

Whilst we are all moaning, and rightly so, no doubt this general 10% increase will increase on to matchday tickets. Those ones at £68 will now be circa £75 and that's before the Membership that will no doubt be £40 next year!

Unlike so many of us who first attended by paying loose change on the Kippax after a bus ride for a few pence, just how is it possible for younger fans who come from working class families to ever gain access to our stadium in the future.

Frankly, I think too many of us are letting the success blind us to the rotten mess we've drifted into!

I've had my ticket for about 10 years. In that time the club decided that they would increase the price of my ticket most years. I think it was £450 when I started and now it has just gone to £820. One year it rose by £70. I said I'd stop going when it got to £1,000. A woman near me has stopped coming as she could not afford it. She was a nurse. I suspect her wages have not increased at the same level as ticket prices. She knew a lot of people around where we sit and often gave out toffees. She could have moved to a cheaper seat but would have been alone.

My increase is £40 this year. It is not a large amount of money but the cumulative rises over the years are. Justifying spending over £800 on just me is getting more difficult.
I wouldn’t worry about it, someone will be along soon no doubt telling you it’s only £1 a week.

What are fans prepared to do about this?

There are a few things supporters groups can put out, but without the masses getting involved they won’t work.

I’d be reluctant to do anything that affects the atmosphere at our remaining games this year (walk outs and disrupting games off the cards).

We (1894) have tried to pressure city on ticket price rises for years and nothing has worked.

That leaves options like:

- Post match sit-ins
- cup scheme boycotts
- platinum membership boycotts
- protests at CFA

These things could work. But they would require people to actually do something and get involved (rather than sit back and hope 1894 do it for them). They require solidarity and sacrifice from the majority. Would people get involved? Because if not, there’s nothing we can do.

Genuinely open to any feedback or suggestions.
All should come off of platinum, 100% agree that anything that is detrimental to our team on the pitch shouldn’t be considered. FFS were the bet team in the land and all the world. Let’s not let the players down by some stupid fan hissy fit

Mate you have seriously posted that your seat has gone up £35 a year and you have a decision to make and then start spouting abuse? That’s 3.5 hours work over a year on minimum wage? 3.5 hours!!! To witness all this. I am sure you waste £35 a year on some other pleasures.
Agree just cut out a pint once a month saves £60 a year
£5 x12 =£60 saving

It's not a pound a week for a season card
If you have a £600 season card which you pay for in installments, that's 10 months of £60
Not forgetting the SC holder has to travel to the game, so there's costs there and when you purchase a card you don't know when the games are going to be played
A lot don5 know about the parking restrictions coming in, the car parks will hike their prices to about £15 a game, wait until next season i think a rise then plus the difficulty of getting to the stadium will tell. I’ve tried using the bus night matches are a joke and weather hasn’t been bad I may end up binning it next season if I can’t find a solution.
Also think IF we win the treble and Pep leaves in a couple of seasons a lot of FOC Will bin it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.