Season Tickets - 2023/24

Whilst we are all moaning, and rightly so, no doubt this general 10% increase will increase on to matchday tickets. Those ones at £68 will now be circa £75 and that's before the Membership that will no doubt be £40 next year!

Unlike so many of us who first attended by paying loose change on the Kippax after a bus ride for a few pence, just how is it possible for younger fans who come from working class families to ever gain access to our stadium in the future.

Frankly, I think too many of us are letting the success blind us to the rotten mess we've drifted into!
Superb post mate, you need to change your username.

As a Cityzens member who attends league and all cup home games, this is the first season I haven’t seen us play one of the ‘big’ teams in the league. The price of individual tickets is ridiculous. I am resigned now to only attending PL games against ‘lesser’ teams. But as you rightly pointed out, individual tickets will be increasing next season, and membership, and then I will be resigned to only attending home cup games. But as long as my seat is filled by a tourist, day tripper, youtube vlogger, whoever, then the club won’t give a shit. Silver season tickets were aimed exactly at people like me, and will be the only new STs available in the future. First they came for the poorer Cityzens….

Unfortunately years of govs and media telling people you can live on 30p, if you are poor you shouldn't have more than one telly or such and that liesure activities are a luxury not a right for less well off people has led to the blinkered view you can only enjoy one thing by sacrificing another.

what a warped view of life that is imho.

Why not use less toilet roll each month and save money that way? Where do people like you draw the line about saving money to pay for season ticket and match day ticket price rises again.
Well i said to the missus is it doable if we all have 7 less beans on our toast

a £2 (on average) price increase per game. Still working out at a sensational price to watch the premier league champions.

- second cheapest ticket in EFL/92
- new buy now pay later option
- interest free direct debits
- option to purchase a silver season card
- guaranteed refund on 12/19 games on the ticket exchange

Our owners over time will want their money back on the proposed new stadium redevelopment, and this is the main source of income for them unfortunately. Only going to get worse I'm afraid, i can only afford a few games a season and domestic cup matches nowadays
Season tickets are not anywhere near the main source of income.

It’s a joke to be honest. I find it hard to comprehend when I see hotels booked up left right and centre. Airports packed at half term and kids walking round with £1500 i phones that people can start slagging the club off for a £1 pound a week increase? At ten pound an hour / takes 6 minutes a week to earn that expense! Spent longer than that moaning about it! Staggering.
It’s a joke that you don’t get it.

It’s not £1 a week. For some people, this is the price rise where 12 price rises in 14 years has got them to the point where they can’t justify it anymore.

It was great at £400 twelve years ago, okay at £600 eight years ago, a proper stretch at £800 four years ago but not affordable at £930 now. Some people are simply sat in the same seat in the position they stood on the Kippax in and sit with mates or family and are just watching their football club. They aren’t here for Haaland’s goals, de Bruyne dominating games, Rodri bossing the midfield or ‘Johnny Johnny Stones’; all of these things just happen to be happy coincidences that are happening to the club we support and would support if we were in League One with none of those players.

And some people pay for their family to attend n’all, not just themselves.

They could move but they might not be able to move with all four people they sit with as the club might not have four together anywhere else, and it’s actually more likely that all the cheaper tickets are unattainable anyway because they’re the ones that are most sought-after and we have very very few of them (City have a mere 1,200 at the cheapest price… Bayern München have almost 16,000 even cheaper!).

For me, it’s a proper shame that even one fan could drop away from our support because of this price rise being the one that sees them off (and it’ll be a lot more than one!) when the club don’t need to do this for the sake of what could be negotiated by them with Dortmund as a £122.6m transfer fee for Bellingham instead of £125m (which is a fucking joke if you ask me, he’s about a £60m player!)… like I’ve already said, the daylight robbery where we got £55m for Ferran Torres could have meant years of price freezes. He was worth about £20m and we got an extra £35m on top of that, haha!

And the person you’re talking at in some of your posts is someone (I hope he doesn’t mind me saying this) who has lost his business because of financial troubles around the pandemic. It’s alright for those who can afford it… I can afford it… but there are people who are die-hards who have got to breaking point now (as there are each season). Many people have had a lot of money troubles in recent years with Britain leaving the EU, the pandemic, the energy crisis etc.

The lack of feeling for fellow Blues over 12 price rises in 14 years, price rises that absolutely nothing I can think of in my life have even come anywhere near, is a proper shame. One year when interest rates and inflation were at about 1.2%, City put season ticket prices up £12%. And in a decade, they’ve gone up around £125%. Just imagine the reaction of the country if the govt had put up Council Tax £125% over a decade… by the way, if I’d stayed on Platinum, my season ticket would now be more expensive than my Council Tax (but I ditched Platinum and went down to Gold)!

And all this when the club boast the highest revenue in world sport… £600m+

Did they really need to make season ticket price rises this season when fans have come forward to City Matters reps and asked the club for a price freeze because of financial troubles at the moment? City fans haven’t made this plea out of cheek, we did it out of necessity as we know that many will drop away from our support with another price hike. City Matters put this to the club, the club said they will take it on board and then the club just put the prices up anyway as a bit of a two-finger salute to our plea.

Plus people aren’t slagging the club off, they’re just airing some disappointment. Besides, it’s as much our club as it is their club. They just happen to be employees of our club at this moment in time. In decades to come they won’t be employed by our club any longer but we will still be here with our club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superb post mate, you need to change your username.

As a Cityzens member who attends league and all cup home games, this is the first season I haven’t seen us play one of the ‘big’ teams in the league. The price of individual tickets is ridiculous. I am resigned now to only attending PL games against ‘lesser’ teams. But as you rightly pointed out, individual tickets will be increasing next season, and membership, and then I will be resigned to only attending home cup games. But as long as my seat is filled by a tourist, day tripper, youtube vlogger, whoever, then the club won’t give a shit. Silver season tickets were aimed exactly at people like me, and will be the only new STs available in the future. First they came for the poorer Cityzens….
You’re right about the price for the ‘big games’ but they have increased the prices for the lesser games too. £60 (£55 with member discount) for Leeds at home.
Same with West Ham Wednesday and Leicester the other week. :(

I recall reading that City have a much higher percentage of season ticket holders than other top 6 clubs. I think the club are actively wanting some fans to drop off due to the price so they can sell higher priced match day packages. The guaranteed 12 match a season refunds will add to that

It's a win win for the club - higher revenue from season tickets and higher revenue from individual match days. Our match day income is very low compared to our rivals and they are trying to close that gap.

We are at a tipping point now. A 10 year old who became a fan after watching the Aguero moment is now a 21 year old with disposable income, the Pep era dominance and the Haaland factor are translating to ticket sales which mean long standing fans are becoming less important.

It's simple really the club shouldn't of increased ST for next year they are high enough for the majority unless you're one of the SS level 3 cheap seats which is a small amount overall the main problem at City is the individual league match day tickets prices from £58 to £75 v the lesser teams and from £68 to £85 for the bigger games this is a disgrace and is genuinely losing us new fans who simply can't afford to attend league games how can they justify these prices is beyond me they are so out of touch when it comes to pricing I can't seem to grasp who makes them up and thinks yeah that's a good price for 1 ticket we are a fantastic club but are going the wrong way around pricing and have been for a while now the club and all others should come together in this and cap match day and ST prices rather than call each other names time to grow up and make a stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.