Season Tickets - 2023/24

I recall reading that City have a much higher percentage of season ticket holders than other top 6 clubs. I think the club are actively wanting some fans to drop off due to the price so they can sell higher priced match day packages. The guaranteed 12 match a season refunds will add to that

It's a win win for the club - higher revenue from season tickets and higher revenue from individual match days. Our match day income is very low compared to our rivals and they are trying to close that gap.

We are at a tipping point now. A 10 year old who became a fan after watching the Aguero moment is now a 21 year old with disposable income, the Pep era dominance and the Haaland factor are translating to ticket sales which mean long standing fans are becoming less important.
Think the dippers only have around 25k SC holders and that’s a deliberate policy. Means they can sell circa 25k each game to the tourists who will spend shed loads in the club shop etc each game. Rather than sell a SC that works out at say £45 per game they can sell the same seat at £55 each game. Extra £190 per seat per season x 25k is another £4.75m per season plus all the additional revenue from merchandis, food, programmes, drink etc. Then factor in additional cup games and it’s easy money. Club moving down this direction but not sure how they think they will fill 7k extra seats, we don’t have the numbers to do so at these prices. Where were they all for Wembley? It’s a ****’s trick the club have done, they know it, we know it and they know that we know yet they have still done it.

Yes thats correct mate, unfortunately my missus got mouth cancer, we decided to buy an old motor home with the life insurance to give the kids memories, the holidays are cheaper and affordable but hey you be a **** and go through my history looking for stuff eh

Sorry about your wife’s situation and I haven’t been through your history I read it at the time. 67p a week increase is not a piss take. It’s lower than inflation. Absolutely no need for the **** reference.

Yes thats correct mate, unfortunately my missus got mouth cancer, we decided to buy an old motor home with the life insurance to give the kids memories, the holidays are cheaper and affordable but hey you be a **** and go through my history looking for stuff eh
I’m really sorry to hear about your good lady. I hope she’s ok and able to recover well. Sadly I can sympathise having had bowel cancer last year. I wear a stoma bag to the day.

Everything is going up and wages are not matching. Just a few bits at home from Asda topped £10 the other day. Bread, butter, milk etc. I’m currently unemployed and a Seasoncard is the very last thing I need.

Football like most things in society is getting too expensive. I can see this from a range of perspectives. Loyal fans struggling to make incomes stretch in an environment of high inflation. Few of us live in a vacuum and football is something that has to be considered amongst our many other priorities; incremental annual increases year on year are effectively pricing out many fans and we are seeing the ongoing gentrification of our fan base. In many ways as a club we are behind the trend in this process.

On the other hand we must acknowledge the excellent stewardship of the club, record income - in part driven by ticket sales - is being ploughed back into the club and funding a cycle of success; evidenced by the North Stand development and our sustained commitment to building the best squad in the league. Increases in ticket and season ticket costs are not funding dividends for our owners but are being invested back into the club. We would do well to remember that our heroes on the pitch earn obscene amounts of money.

Personally I will renew, but for some it will become more and more difficult to justify the sums required to follow our team. Our owners do a fabulous job, but they’d do well to remember the social dynamics of our fan base… millionaires we are not, but you cannot put a price on loyalty and they‘d do well to remember this…. As we continue to grow and develop the club we absolutely need to take the fan base with us and not marginalise them by pricing them out.
It’s only a £1 a week apparently.

How dare you buy a motorhome and go on holidays so you and your kids can enjoy yourselves and make happy memories, you should know your place.

I’m really sorry to hear about your good lady. I hope she’s ok and able to recover well. Sadly I can sympathise having had bowel cancer last year. I wear a stoma bag to the day.

Everything is going up and wages are not matching. Just a few bits at home from Asda topped £10 the other day. Bread, butter, milk etc. I’m currently unemployed and a Seasoncard is the very last thing I need.
she's 5 years clear now, obviously has huge scars and they cut out a good bit of her tongue so speech can be tough, they called it an old peoples cancer but she was 39 at the time, i hope you are okay buddy and doing well

Think the dippers only have around 25k SC holders and that’s a deliberate policy. Means they can sell circa 25k each game to the tourists who will spend shed loads in the club shop etc each game. Rather than sell a SC that works out at say £45 per game they can sell the same seat at £55 each game. Extra £190 per seat per season x 25k is another £4.75m per season plus all the additional revenue from merchandis, food, programmes, drink etc
Exactly. I think those saying it will only increase revenue by £2 million have missed the point. It will have a knock on effect on our overall matchday revenue due to the drop offs and the 12 match guaranteed refund. The club must now have the data evidence that we have a sizable and increasing tourist/corporate fanbase to fill the gap.

How dare you buy a motorhome and go on holidays so you and your kids can enjoy yourselves and make happy memories, you should know your place.

Say that in the context of his season ticket going up 67 pence a week and it reads very differently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.