Season Tickets - 2023/24

Well i said to the missus is it doable if we all have 7 less beans on our toast

Rather than the beans - a few weeks ago I remember you talking about your motor home and a drive to France. The 67 pence a week rise in your City season ticket is far less of an issue to you then the cost of petrol in that! I am sorry if I am coming across harsh but I cannot comprehend how somehow who has the means to dive to France in their own motor home can be getting upset about a £35 pound rise in a season ticket to the point of giving it up - I really can’t!

You’re right about the price for the ‘big games’ but they have increased the prices for the lesser games too. £60 (£55 with member discount) for Leeds at home.
Same with West Ham Wednesday and Leicester the other week. :(

You’re right mate, and why I will only be attending home cup games next season.

It's simple really the club shouldn't of increased ST for next year they are high enough for the majority unless you're one of the SS level 3 cheap seats which is a small amount overall the main problem at City is the individual league match day tickets prices from £58 to £75 v the lesser teams and from £68 to £85 for the bigger games this is a disgrace and is genuinely losing us new fans who simply can't afford to attend league games how can they justify these prices is beyond me they are so out of touch when it comes to pricing I can't seem to grasp who makes them up and thinks yeah that's a good price for 1 ticket we are a fantastic club but are going the wrong way around pricing and have been for a while now the club and all others should come together in this and cap match day and ST prices rather than call each other names time to grow up and make a stand.

Fair play though mate, I can’t believe you had to sell all your full stops to cover the price of a season ticket.

Football like most things in society is getting too expensive. I can see this from a range of perspectives. Loyal fans struggling to make incomes stretch in an environment of high inflation. Few of us live in a vacuum and football is something that has to be considered amongst our many other priorities; incremental annual increases year on year are effectively pricing out many fans and we are seeing the ongoing gentrification of our fan base. In many ways as a club we are behind the trend in this process.

On the other hand we must acknowledge the excellent stewardship of the club, record income - in part driven by ticket sales - is being ploughed back into the club and funding a cycle of success; evidenced by the North Stand development and our sustained commitment to building the best squad in the league. Increases in ticket and season ticket costs are not funding dividends for our owners but are being invested back into the club. We would do well to remember that our heroes on the pitch earn obscene amounts of money.

Personally I will renew, but for some it will become more and more difficult to justify the sums required to follow our team. Our owners do a fabulous job, but they’d do well to remember the social dynamics of our fan base… millionaires we are not, but you cannot put a price on loyalty and they‘d do well to remember this…. As we continue to grow and develop the club we absolutely need to take the fan base with us and not marginalise them by pricing them out.

Rather than the beans - a few weeks ago I remember you talking about your motor home and a drive to France. The 67 pence a week rise in your City season ticket is far less of an issue to you then the cost of petrol in that! I am sorry if I am coming across harsh but I cannot comprehend how somehow who has the means to dive to France in their own motor home can be getting upset about a £35 pound rise in a season ticket to the point of giving it up - I really can’t!
Yes thats correct mate, unfortunately my missus got mouth cancer, we decided to buy an old motor home with the life insurance to give the kids memories, the holidays are cheaper and affordable but hey you be a **** and go through my history looking for stuff eh

quality of football doesn't matter, or shouldn't. they aren't going to reduce the prices if we suddenly turn to shit so we shouldn't have to pay more just because we're brilliant.

We're a manchester based side, the cost of living is lower here than London as are wages so you cant make fair direct comparisons with teams like spurs.

You might not think they're too bad now but how many consecutive years of price hikes is that now? How many more before they do become an issue because there's no indication this won't continue year on year as it has every year since Soriano has been here.

It's the complete out of touch approach more than anything thats bothering people. These figures are probably on the upper side of estimates here but for arguments sake let's say every season ticket has gone up £30 on average and we have about 36k season ticket holders which means a price freeze this season would have resulted in about £1 million lost revenue, it barely even registers on the balance sheet and the fans would lap up the gesture. Instead, they do this. it pisses off the majority of the fanbase, Shows a complete disconnect from us and let's us all know beyond any doubt they couldn't give a shit about the fans. Is all that really worth the extra million in the bank? They'll probably spend that employing some PR firm to come up with a new version of the "footballs nothing without the fans" slogan for next season and some compilation video of the same passionate fans they're driving out.

We're a stubborn, odd lot us old match going City fans. We had to be to turn up all over the country week after week and on the whole get the piss taken out of us on and off the field. We didn't care it was our club and we loved it. The days before internet trolls and sky, Badiel and Skinner and football's coming home, fever pitch and the whole global explosion of football worldwide and in this country. The match going experience back then was dodging dog turds in Moss Side and friendly locals trying to kick your head in far flung romantic places like Barnsley, Leeds, South London and Liverpool. Happy days. The club wanted us back then, oh fucking did they! I remember them pleading with us not to desert them as we slipped to the lowest point in our chequered history, the third tier of English football. As if we ever would. 28,000 of us hardcore fans stayed loyal.This padded out to 35,000 for the bigger games. We packed out our away end everywhere we went. The worse we got the louder we sang and the whole country marvelled at our loyalty and dark sense of humour. While that lot were winning a treble we took 46,000 to a third tier play off final against Gillingham. The next year I paid £100 to a ticket tout to sit on my hands in the Blackburn end and watch us get promoted back to the premier league. Mad crazy happy days. No trophies but we didn't give a fuck because we were all pissed up, MCFC okay!

Fast forward now and we're unrecognisable on and off the field. A bright shiny new stadium and campus. I dodge kids play areas now instead of dog turds, face painters, tourists from all over the world taking selfies and Natalie Pike interviewing top stars from yesteryear and today in City square. I watch Pep Guardiola.....yes Pep fucking Guardiola managing MY football club and playing like prime Barcelona on the field as we dismantle Arsenal, Liverpool and United, clubs that used to do the same to us. After 35 years of winning fuck all I've watched us lift so many trophies I've actually lost count. Can you believe that? I have to pinch myself.

Yet......I still sit here with an air of sadness at times. Mad isn't it? I read about £60-80 matchday tickets, fans paying for memberships and going to all the games,given no priority over somebody buying one the day before and missing out on the glamour game of the season, Real Madrid. Spending hours on the phone or an online queue and missing out. Dear old Bernard Halford may be gone but his ghost still laughs loudly in the corridors of the ticket office. I read of fans being priced out after years of loyal support by increases year on year, until eventually there is no more left to give, no spare change to be had. Time to put that old scarf that's kept the neck warm at York, Walsall and Gillingham into the draw for the last time. It looked a little out of place anyway, amongst the brand new one around the neck of the excited tourists taking selfies as old Bert shuffled sadly by one last time. A slow old man getting in the way. He successfully dodged the dog turds and bricks in the alleyways of Moss Side and Anfield, only to be knocked down by a big fucking bus driven by Ferran Soriano as he shouts in Spanish, "Get out of the way of my progress bus you old ****!" Such is life....

Don’t bin it

I guarantee you will be able to sell tickets to any games you do not go to

If City want to play silly buggers join them

You will make a profit over the season

I more than willing to assist you also

I have 3 season tickets, 2 used every game. The other most games. I flog it when not in use

Depending on the game the price fluctuates.

Like I say if City want to go down that road, let’s do it
Ye I suppose I could do that mate never really thought about it, just fucking annoys me I’m 7 mile from the stadium but it’s a pain in the arse on Night matches.

Anyone know if it's possible to get a silver season ticket for 93:20 seats?
Not next season, you could last season, got a feeling this will be a continuous push in the clubs attempts to gentrify levels 1&2 of the sides entirely, pushing regular fans behind the goals, there’s too much money to be made from day trippers in ES 1&2 and CB 1&2

Attachments

• IMG_4931.png
    IMG_4931.png
    438.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4932.png
    IMG_4932.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 19

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.