Season Tickets - 2023/24

My wages went up 1.1%

inflation is 10%
milk has gone up 58% in 6 months
energy bills are 66% and 129% up respectively

1.1% dont cover the basics, so a 7% increase in a SC, which on it own seems like nowt bit as a whole is a kick in the bollocks from the club and tone deaf towards the current state of the nation and fans daily struggles

anyone trotting out "the best football ever" or "its only a pound a game" is either trolling or intentially obtuse

You’re missing the point entirely.

There’s a surprise eh.

I am not at all. His season ticket has gone up 67p a week! Everything has gone up. City are paying police more, staff more, energy costs more and have not passed on these costs to supporters. The rise in season ticket prices is effectively a loss for city vs match day expenditure. Do you know you can get an under 18 season ticket at city for £180 pounds! People just like to moan.

City are not immune to inflation. It is currently 10.1 percent. The mean rise looks to be 5.4 percent. So City have effectively took a 4.7 percent hit on current inflation levels.

It is a business at the end of the day.

Last edited:
My wages went up 1.1%

inflation id 10%
milk has gone up 58% in 6 months
energy bills are 66% and 129% up respectively

1.1% dont cover the basics, si a 7% increase in a SC, which on it own seems like nowt bit as a whole is a kick in the bollocks from the club and tone deaf towards the current state of the nation and fans daily struggles

anyone trotting out "the best football ever" or "its only a pound a game" is either trolling or intentially obtuse
Stop buying milk then you can easily afford the £1 a week increase ; )

she's 5 years clear now, obviously has huge scars and they cut out a good bit of her tongue so speech can be tough, they called it an old peoples cancer but she was 39 at the time, i hope you are okay buddy and doing well
I was 42 and the youngest person on the ward by several decades. It claimed dad and my grandad so it was always going to come after me.

It’s only a £1 a week apparently.
Haha fucking hell, £1 a week indeed!

When wages for many people haven’t gone up anymore than around 9% in twelve years and with the cost of living going up that 9% actually ends up coming down to a ‘minus’. Yet City’s season tickets have gone up around 125% in that time.

Could anyone think of one other thing we pay for in our lives that’s gone up at that rate in the last dozen years?

Rather than the beans - a few weeks ago I remember you talking about your motor home and a drive to France. The 67 pence a week rise in your City season ticket is far less of an issue to you then the cost of petrol in that! I am sorry if I am coming across harsh but I cannot comprehend how somehow who has the means to dive to France in their own motor home can be getting upset about a £35 pound rise in a season ticket to the point of giving it up - I really can’t!
Jeeeeesus wept!…this isn’t about whether people can find the money, for some it’s a tipping point. Some people have seen up to a dozen different price rises in their lives for various things, and we’re not talking pence, it’s not in one hand outta the other, these people can’t raise their respective pay packets to meet increased costs, like City have done, they have to dig even deeper into an already over stretched budget

I am not at all. His season ticket has gone up 67p a week! Everything has gone up. City are paying police more, staff more, energy costs more and have not passed on these costs to supporters. The rise in season ticket prices is effectively a loss for city vs match day expenditure. Do you know you can get an under 18 season ticket at city for £180 pounds! People just like to moan.

Do you even go to matches? Have you seen how much they fleece fans at every opportunity?

Can’t bring a bag in now so they charge you a tenner to leave it with some scruffy **** in a shed.

Parking is a rip off.

Food and drink is a rip off.

Tickets are a rip off.

Every single opportunity they have to penny pinch fans they do. And it’s not just City, every club is at it, and it’s wrong.

While blinkered idiots like you continue to support their actions, they’ll just keep squeezing and squeezing until there’s no blood left in the stone.

City would be delighted if all the “legacy fan” season ticket holders fucked off and they filled every game with Chinese tourists who are all happy to spend hundreds at a game as it’s a one-off experience.

We all know it.

Sorriano is a fucking **** when it comes to this stuff. Gives no shits whatsoever about fans.

I can afford the increase too. Lucky us. But that’s not the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.