Season Tickets - 2023/24

There’s a tiny number of season tickets right at the back of ss3 that come under that price, which are pretty much impossible to buy for most city fans. Other than that we have some of the most expensive tickets in the league.
I'm sure that those tickets exist purely so that we come out favourably when surveys and cost of football studies are conducted. You will see: "Manchester City have the cheapest adult season ticket at £300", with no regard for the fact that so few are available at that price and the average adult season ticket is in fact somewhere between £700-800.

Well at least the £70 it's gone up will be saved in petrol, cos I'll have to park in droylsden from next season and walk the rest of the way. F.f.s. they really are try their best to get rid of us Maine roaders aren't they.

MCFC keeping fan's fit, fantastic club.
Joking aside, let's not forget Maine Road, restrictions were put on it's capacity, on the grounds of H&S for supporter movement to and from the stadium. It had a long term effect on the fan base. Makes you wonder.

So let me get this right, if you don't have a full season ticket you can get a season ticket for the crap games and have to pay extra for the big ones!!!! Fuck I didn't know that.
I don't think it's intended that you pay extra for the big games, it's that you don't go to them. Makes the season ticket more affordable to some. I considered it myself, though perhaps it would be a better idea just to get the full season ticket and sell on the big games. It would probably make your season ticket a good bit cheaper.

We still have some of the cheapest season tickets in the PL, to watch the best team. I think someone posted some of the tickets in SS3 are about £20 - £23 per game. Lower division teams charge more than this.

Compared to other teams I don't think our prices are too bad.

Imagine paying what they do at Spurs and then also having to watch that shite every week!
There are only around 1,200 of these cheapest tickets at City. It’s a very very low amount.

In Germany, across the board there are 12,000-17,000 of these kind of tickets.

At Bayern, as just one example:

D2850B1C-0721-41D1-A645-90C8F0A20C1C.jpeg

€145 (£127) for standing season tickets at the Allianz, which has 15,794 standing spaces available and even seated ones available at €350 (£307).

Bayern Munich Stadium - Allianz Arena - Footballgroundguide

18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
footballgroundguide.com
footballgroundguide.com

Their standing ones are cheaper than City’s cheapest and there are nearly eight times more available in a stadium 139% the size of the Etihad. Not sure how many seated ones they have at €350… but the number of their cheap season tickets dwarves ours even when accounting for the different capacities of the two stadiums.

Their most expensive season ticket (€765/£670) is cheaper than mine (£880 for next season) and mine isn’t even City’s most expensive normal season ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine paying that price and watching shite for 34 years, most if us did that.

Forget season ticket prices.

How much are match day ticket prices going to be next season, as they will be going up as well..

We're already at £60-£80 for a match day ticket depending on the match and where you sit. It won't be long before City end up selling £100 match day tickets.

Are those prices acceptable for a match day ticket?

City have never charges what Spurs do currenty. I had a quick look and for their season ticket prices this year, the cheapest for an adult, was £807, going to £2233.

There is probably a general debate about ticket prices for football overall, but the prices at City are better than at most other PL teams. They provde options like value gold season tickets £299 for 19 games & lower prices season tickets in SS3. For people who don't have season tickets, there are tickets available for cup games and some of the PL games, that are not in the top categories, for lower prices.

I'm not saying it's a cheap business now and affordable for everyone, I'm currently paying for 3 season tickets, cup games, travel etc. There seems to be an attitude that if you have "been there" in the past then you should be able to have access to all of the big games, be able to sit in the best seats and then pay prices that are not relative to the market.Whilst this would be nice for everyone, in the real world this is not going to happen.

I paid more for my season ticket when Pearce was manager than I did last season. (not adjusted for inflation but in actual money). Six out of the last 10 seasons I have paid £300 for an adult season ticket. There are not many, if any PL clubs where you can do that, and certainly not at the top ones.

There is no point really trying to have a debate, because people seem to be polarised and either think the prices are reasonable, compared to the market, or that the club is taking the piss. They are not taking the piss relative to other PL clubs.

Those SS3 tickets(about 200) are up there in the gods at the back. Great if your eyesight is that of a fish eagle, otherwise the p!ayers look like ants.
My season ticket is row AA so about 15 rows from the back of 315. Good view, decent atmosphere, works out at just over £20 per match which is fine for me, but it would be short sighted / selfish to think there’s no issue with these increases just because it’s still affordable personally. Some of the decisions since the start of this season have really left me wondering where’s it all heading.

What if I want to move into the extended North Stand - how much will they sting me for that?
What type of supporter do they want in there and will I want to be around them?
Will we see new groups of young fans essential for the atmosphere or will they be priced out?
How do us legacy fans fit into the clubs overall strategy, as they sure as hell don’t seem to be the priority right now?
When will my teenage son be able to get a season ticket?
Will he ever get one that includes the biggest games of the season or have these now been sacrificed to allow tourists to attend?
Is it now going to be standard that he goes into a lottery with brand new members for big games?
I don’t care for deafening P.A’s, light shows or NFL type on screen lookalikes, what else have they got up their sleeve to attract new fans that I’m going to absolutely hate?
If it’s an experience that’s diluted even further than it is now by ensuring we cramming as many half and half scarf wearing day trippers in as possible will I even want to be part of it?

City have never charges what Spurs do currenty. I had a quick look and for their season ticket prices this year, the cheapest for an adult, was £807, going to £2233.

There is probably a general debate about ticket prices for football overall, but the prices at City are better than at most other PL teams. They provde options like value gold season tickets £299 for 19 games & lower prices season tickets in SS3. For people who don't have season tickets, there are tickets available for cup games and some of the PL games, that are not in the top categories, for lower prices.

I'm not saying it's a cheap business now and affordable for everyone, I'm currently paying for 3 season tickets, cup games, travel etc. There seems to be an attitude that if you have "been there" in the past then you should be able to have access to all of the big games, be able to sit in the best seats and then pay prices that are not relative to the market.Whilst this would be nice for everyone, in the real world this is not going to happen.

I paid more for my season ticket when Pearce was manager than I did last season. (not adjusted for inflation but in actual money). Six out of the last 10 seasons I have paid £300 for an adult season ticket. There are not many, if any PL clubs where you can do that, and certainly not at the top ones.

There is no point really trying to have a debate, because people seem to be polarised and either think the prices are reasonable, compared to the market, or that the club is taking the piss. They are not taking the piss relative to other PL clubs.
they was 299 in the first year, they have risen every year since and are now pushing 400

I cannot see the club selling full 19 game season tickets again for some time. Simply too much money to be made selling the 5 premium games separately. Even the 14 game Silver Seasoncard caused an Internet Stampede and was gone in minutes. I had contemplated giving my ticket up due to limited attendance caused by heavy duty care issues for father, but I have kept it and sold on every game I couldn't attend, at Seasoncard face value, to blues who otherwise would be facing £55 - £70 prices for tickets from the club. In short if anyone is contemplating giving up their ticket, due to a temporary circumstance, I would suggest doing as I did initially, as not only does it allow others to attend games at low prices, but it also guarantees you still have your ticket when your circumstances change.

Was there something implemented that if you didn’t attend a certain number of games during a season that your season ticket would be revoked for the following season or have I completely made that up ?

I don’t think I’d even be arsed about the price rise of season tickets if the club had done a decent job of selling Madrid home tickets.

But that today was one of the biggest shambles we’ve seen from our club since the takeover and I just find it cheeky as fuck for them to tell me they want more money off me next season after they’ve fucked off four of my mates and thousands of Blues in general around Madrid.
I think the club have made a serious error on the Madrid ticket sale, not that it affects me; whereas the season ticket price increase does.

I think the club needs to explain and apologise for the Madrid ticket fiasco and promise to make changes in the future.

I think season ticket prices are just BAU and wouldn’t link the two things.

For about 50 years I’ve seen the Ticket Office as one of the weakest parts of the organisation but, TBF, they have always been good at sorting out problems on the few occasions I’ve needed assitance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.