Season Tickets - 2023/24

Maybe we should go back to selling tickets in groups. You had to buy a WH ticket to get a Real Madrid one Etc.

I think that’s a decent idea.

Also, in the block I sit in, we have a Facebook Group to resell our tickets amongst each other, to bring mates to the game.

Would be load sif empty seats for West ham. People would buy them to get a Madrid ticket with no intention of turning up.
Exactly @117 M34

That’s mad. Give it 20 years and I think football will be in a really bad place crowd wise. Younger people just aren’t attending football in significant numbers and most crowds in the top league are middle aged men - the only ones who can afford it. Who’s going to replace them when they stop going.

Younger adults now didn’t grow up going to matches regularly like previous generations did
The Premier League bubble is going to burst soon. Capitalism always works in a boom-bust cycle. Look at Italian football over the last decade compared to the 1980s and 90s.

We’ve had a good run since Sky took over the Premier League but I feel like the Premier League is going to eat itself in the near future.

Clubs are working against each other too much at the boardroom and legal level (City facing charges every few years) and clubs are trying break English football up (European Super League).

But I think the biggest issue is fucking the fans over and, if the Prem clubs keep doing what they’re doing, I predict English football will come crashing down by 2035 and it will be bigger than Serie A’s demise.

Proper core supporters - who make this sport what it is - will fuck off like the clubs want us to. But when the interest of the daytrippers, tourists, fanboys, corporates and nobodies starts to wane, we won’t be there to keep the game going because we’ll have been too long gone from being able to afford to attend the sport to care anymore.

The flights from Seoul, Singapore and New York won’t be full of City ‘fans’ attending the Etihad and other grounds anymore. It’ll just be big half empty stadiums like Italian football had (there were recent years where both Milan clubs’ average attendances in the 80,000 San Siro were around 35,000).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was somewhat shocked watching the Fulham game when the commentator mentioned £3000 for a season in their new stand. Assumed that included hospitality and a prime view - it doesn't! There is an enormous central block that is "Unavailable" presumably reserved for corporates.

Prices in the remaining stands are far more reasonably priced - similar to ours - but I suspect that lots of fans who used to sit in the stand and were promised seats in the new stand are shifting elsewhere. Working folks really are being squeezed out of football - which will work for short term gain - but when Fulham find themselves back in the Championship (as history suggests is probable) they will have a great big empty stand as the corporates go running to the next new shiny thing.

I do understand that it is a difficult balancing act between being profitable/sustainable and keeping a core support on board but it does feel like the core support are being taken for granted.

So you are confirming the opinion that loads disgruntled Blues are only interested in the very big games.

IMHO, for a few years after the South Stand expansion people could pick and choose their games if they didn’t have a season card. Then come Haaland and Grealish and we are back to tickets being scarce for the very big games.
Hence the expansion of the North Stand

So you are confirming the opinion that loads disgruntled Blues are only interested in the very big games.

IMHO, for a few years after the South Stand expansion people could pick and choose their games if they didn’t have a season card. Then come Haaland and Grealish and we are back to tickets being scarce for the very big games.
Hence the expansion of the North Stand
I'm coming from the point if view that someone who has a large amount of disposable cash and wants a Real Madrid ticket will purchase both with no intention of turning up to the West Ham game

My SC is in block 104, one of the most expensive regular seats in the stadium
The two seats next to my mate were held by a husband and wife who only came to the big games and they always left with ten minutes of the game to go, no matter what the score was. The rest of the season the seats were empty
To be fair, the club has clamped down on this and last season a father and son took the seats

The Premier League bubble is going to burst soon. Capitalism always works in a boom-bust cycle. Look at Italian football over the last decade compared to the 1980s and 90s.

We’ve had a good run since Sky took over the Premier League but I feel like the Premier League is going to eat itself in the near future.

Clubs are working against each other too much at the boardroom and legal level (City facing charges every few years) and clubs are trying break English football up (European Super League).

But I think the biggest issue is fucking the fans over and, if the Prem clubs keep doing what they’re doing, I predict English football will come crashing down by 2035 and it will be bigger than Serie A’s demise.

Proper core supporters - who make this sport what it is - will fuck off like the clubs want us to. But when the interest of the daytrippers, tourists, fanboys, corporates and nobodies starts to wane, we won’t be there to keep the game going because we’ll have been too long gone from being able to afford to attend the sport to care anymore.

The flights from Seoul, Singapore and New York won’t be full of City ‘fans’ attending the Etihad and other grounds anymore. It’ll just be big half empty stadiums like Italian football had (there were recent years where both Milan clubs’ average attendances in the 80,000 San Siro were around 35,000).
I went to Italy in 1990 it was 2,200 lira to the pound, again in 1999 it was 3,200. The economy had nose dived and with it the league.

There was international interest in Serie A but very little money from it. The PL is in a different position, it would be more susceptible if football became unfashionable again in the late 70s and 80s, but that was mainly due to the people who just went to the game to cause trouble and ruined it, and probably the abject failure of the national team in the 70s.

I'm coming from the point if view that someone who has a large amount of disposable cash and wants a Real Madrid ticket will purchase both with no intention of turning up to the West Ham game

My SC is in block 104, one of the most expensive regular seats in the stadium
The two seats next to my mate were held by a husband and wife who only came to the big games and they always left with ten minutes of the game to go, no matter what the score was. The rest of the season the seats were empty
To be fair, the club has clamped down on this and last season a father and son took the seats
I would have asked the husband and wife to think again about having season cards and / or offered to buy the tickets for the games they couldn’t make. Those of us who help to run coaches are often looking out for spares to get more people on the bus to the game lol.

That can't be the first time you have received a message from the club like that, surely?

I've received lots of them over the years after being 'specially selected' for my input. I've followed them through and it's nothing but a marketing exercise to find out much you are prepared to pay for everything, how much notice you see of our sponsors and if you do, how do you regard them on a scale of 1 to 10.

The cynic in me always had me filing answers that bore no truth whatsover in what I thought about anything connected with the club, as it was obvious it was just a ploy to see how much money they could squeeze out of us.

I have received a few questionnaires like that. I’ve filled some of them out, but not all of them. I’ve never won a signed shirt. :-( Correct, it’s just a marketing ploy to get as much information out of us as they can. After the farce of the North stand consultation I won’t fill out City questionnaires again.

People have been saying the PL bubble is going to burst since 1993. Just like they said Sheikh Mansour would get bored. ;-) It’s still going from strength to strength. Pretty much all the stadiums are still full even with continued price rises. And the PL is making billions from worldwide coverage. Tebas will confirm this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.