Season Tickets - 2023/24

That’s mad. Give it 20 years and I think football will be in a really bad place crowd wise. Younger people just aren’t attending football in significant numbers and most crowds in the top league are middle aged men - the only ones who can afford it. Who’s going to replace them when they stop going.

Younger adults now didn’t grow up going to matches regularly like previous generations did

Youngsters watch it in the pub or at home.

No they aren’t

Many tourists support other teams. All they want is to watch a good team and a PL or CL match.

City have become a Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich, the Milan clubs, Manchester United, Liverpool, etc.

Not to mention the obligatory half and half scarf.

PS. Yes, our foreign fan base has grown.

A few sweeping assumptions there… I’m sure you are partly correct but there are some fanatical City fans overseas.

Youngsters watch it in the pub or at home.
I watch Altrincham a few times a season, and teenagers are there in droves. It's what they can afford, I suppose, and they're obviously having a fun time with their friends, just like we did back in the day when we were their age going to Maine Road when it didn't cost the earth.

A few sweeping assumptions there… I’m sure you are partly correct but there are some fanatical City fans overseas.

There are.

Probably more than I am at 55.

But as I get older there are more things in life to be more fanatical about.

If the next 12 years of my working life pan out I’ll he watching City in a bar in the Mediterranean somewhere. If that doesn’t pan out, I’ll be watching City as I am now, in SSL1, hopefully.

That’s a very good question. How am I feeling?

View attachment 77248
That can't be the first time you have received a message from the club like that, surely?

I've received lots of them over the years after being 'specially selected' for my input. I've followed them through and it's nothing but a marketing exercise to find out much you are prepared to pay for everything, how much notice you see of our sponsors and if you do, how do you regard them on a scale of 1 to 10.

The cynic in me always had me filing answers that bore no truth whatsover in what I thought about anything connected with the club, as it was obvious it was just a ploy to see how much money they could squeeze out of us.

I'd love the government regulator to put a £30 price cap on all general tickets.
And before you could say Padded seat, the entire ground would be GA+ / corporate, or they’d tie it in with compulsory purchases like programs, six quid pies, and the Jude Bellingham fund

There’s plenty of tickets about for Wednesday night Vs West Ham for £25 to £30.some Blues are giving tickets away.

People who want to see more younger fans in the ground could be more supportive of the Face Value ticket pages and Supporters Clubs who in their way can help with this. Two groups that tend to be lambasted on here.

Nobody likes the season card price increases but we could stop pretending they the rags and dippers are cheaper (overall), whilst routinely posting tickets on the Ticket Exchange to be resold at full price.

There’s plenty of tickets about for Wednesday night Vs West Ham for £25 to £30.some Blues are giving tickets away.

People who want to see more younger fans in the ground could be more supportive of the Face Value ticket pages and Supporters Clubs who in their way can help with this. Two groups that tend to be lambasted on here.

Nobody likes the season card price increases but we could stop pretending they the rags and dippers are cheaper (overall), whilst routinely posting tickets on the Ticket Exchange to be resold at full price.

Maybe we should go back to selling tickets in groups. You had to buy a WH ticket to get a Real Madrid one Etc.

Maybe we should go back to selling tickets in groups. You had to buy a WH ticket to get a Real Madrid one Etc.
I think that’s a decent idea.

Also, in the block I sit in, we have a Facebook Group to resell our tickets amongst each other, to bring mates to the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.