Season Tickets - 2023/24

I was somewhat shocked watching the Fulham game when the commentator mentioned £3000 for a season in their new stand. Assumed that included hospitality and a prime view - it doesn't! There is an enormous central block that is "Unavailable" presumably reserved for corporates.

Prices in the remaining stands are far more reasonably priced - similar to ours - but I suspect that lots of fans who used to sit in the stand and were promised seats in the new stand are shifting elsewhere. Working folks really are being squeezed out of football - which will work for short term gain - but when Fulham find themselves back in the Championship (as history suggests is probable) they will have a great big empty stand as the corporates go running to the next new shiny thing.

I do understand that it is a difficult balancing act between being profitable/sustainable and keeping a core support on board but it does feel like the core support are being taken for granted.
It’s just pure greed by the Prem clubs.

As recently as 2015-16 the equal share TV revenue money clubs each receive was just £21.9m, whereas last season it was £31.8m.

And that’s just the equal share payments. Clubs at the top of the Prem earn nearly five times that through other TV payments, even 20th placed Norwich earnt over £100m from TV revenue last season whereas City earnt less than that in 2015-16 (£96.9m) and last season we earnt £153m.

Just from those increases alone (this doesn’t include any sponsorship deals and is only showing the difference between 2015-16 and 2021-22 as individual seasons and there were 5 other seasons between those with TV revenue increase too) in 7 years, all Prem clubs could have frozen season ticket prices every season across the board and still been in credit.

Their revenues are going up at a far higher rate than our wages are yet they have still increased our season card prices by around 125% in the last decade or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
People have been saying the PL bubble is going to burst since 1993. Just like they said Sheikh Mansour would get bored. ;-) It’s still going from strength to strength. Pretty much all the stadiums are still full even with continued price rises. And the PL is making billions from worldwide coverage. Tebas will confirm this.
Nothing lasts forever… nothing!

Manchester United fans will confirm this, haha

I would have asked the husband and wife to think again about having season cards and / or offered to buy the tickets for the games they couldn’t make. Those of us who help to run coaches are often looking out for spares to get more people on the bus to the game lol.
They weren’t interested
my mate had a conversation with the husband and he said he earns loads of money and just wanted to guarantee seats with no hassle, so he was prepared to pay nearly £1700 for two seats for six or seven fixtures

I seem to be on my own and don't get all this Bellingham hype. I haven't watched loads of him, admittedly, but from what I have apart from the odd game he hasn't been this Rolls Royce of a player everybody talks about. Good, yes. Of course he's good playing for England and captaining Dortmund at such a young age but the English hype is ridiculous. Anyone would think we had another Zinedine Zidane on our hands.

Let's put some context to it. If the figures are right and it's 125 million being quoted I'll take the club not increasing season tickets £50 a year instead for 60 years please. Or even reverse the trend of the matchday prices at league games to cityzens. I can see those next season starting at £70 or £75 for the less glamorous ties and on the cusp of nearing a £100 for the ESL teams the way things are going. Football really is so out of touch with reality.

They weren’t interested
my mate had a conversation with the husband and he said he earns loads of money and just wanted to guarantee seats with no hassle, so he was prepared to pay nearly £1700 for two seats for six or seven fixtures
There’s a couple of Scandinavians who sit behind me who can’t make many of the games so we’ve now convinced those lads to resell to Blues in our block. Everyone is different I know

I seem to be on my own and don't get all this Bellingham hype. I haven't watched loads of him.

Well, watch a bit more of him and then you’ll get the hype.

The lad is absolutely quality.

(But I get your point about cheaper tickets)

Well, watch a bit more of him and then you’ll get the hype.

The lad is absolutely quality.

(But I get your point about cheaper tickets)

He is good but personally don't think he's anywhere near the level everybody puts him at. At the World Cup he was great against Senegal but rather anonymous the rest of the time.

He's still got time to develop of course but it will take a monumental effort to live up to all the hype he gets. From an English perspective I hope he does become this Bryan Robson type talisman for club and country.

He is good but personally don't think he's anywhere near the level everybody puts him at. At the World Cup he was great against Senegal but rather anonymous the rest of the time.

He's still got time to develop of course but it will take a monumental effort to live up to all the hype he gets. From an English perspective I hope he does become this Bryan Robson type talisman for club and country.
So why do you think the club are so keen to pay £130 mill for him, we aren't reckless with our spending, what are they not seeing?

Come on Edgy, surely you could have come up with a better example than that rag twat?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.