Season Tickets - 2024/25

Anyone else received a text to advise that their direct debit will be taken, but if sufficient funds aren't available it won't be represented?

Maybe i am being sceptical but looks like a way of cancelling season tickets, i am sure in previous seasons they would try more than once?
Yep. Also got the text. Pretty sure they try twice to take the payment.

The NFC on my Apple IPhone is broken and will cost £400+ to fix which I refuse to pay

I’ve previously been able to simply use the QR code to gain entry to the stadium.

Next season there are apparently no QR codes on tickets.

After several phone calls and emails the club have now told me the following and haven’t replied to subsequent emails

“As you are aware we no longer offer print at home due to becoming a fully mobile stadium.

If you don't hold a compatible smartphone then you can collect a printed receipt at the ticket office on the day of the game - this will allow you entry into the stadium.

Thanks,
Alannah
Manchester City”

Surely they can’t expect me to collect a printed ticket from the ticket office before every single game?

Who on City Matters should I approach about this?

The NFC on my Apple IPhone is broken and will cost £400+ to fix which I refuse to pay

I’ve previously been able to simply use the QR code to gain entry to the stadium.

After several phone calls and emails the club have now told me the following and haven’t replied to subsequent emails

“As you are aware we no longer offer print at home due to becoming a fully mobile stadium.

If you don't hold a compatible smartphone then you can collect a printed receipt at the ticket office on the day of the game - this will allow you entry into the stadium.

Thanks,
Alannah
Manchester City”

Surely they can’t expect me to collect a printed ticket from the ticket office before every single game?

Looks as though they’re being helpful

Thanks,
Alannah
Manchester City”

That seems like a very big deal to me, I'm pretty sure my moto5 android doesn't have NFC and have always used the QR to tap in, I'd be surprised if this does not present access issues for a large number of Blues...

The first person I spoke to on the phone told me to ‘just buy a new iPhone’
For you and any others who might need to buy a new NFC enabled phone:

This is an Android device but Xiaomi do very good value budget phones and the C65 model in this link is the cheapest NFC phone I've ever seen - flash sale tomorrow at £109. The Mi Store has deals every day so it's always worth checking if you are looking for a cheap option for SC access.

For you and any others who might need to buy a new NFC enabled phone:

This is an Android device but Xiaomi do very good value budget phones and the C65 model in this link is the cheapest NFC phone I've ever seen - flash sale tomorrow at £109. The Mi Store has deals every day so it's always worth checking if you are looking for a cheap option for SC access.

Thanks for taking the time to respond but I won’t be buying a new phone to get into the ground

Thanks,
Alannah
Manchester City”

My advice would be to email the access dept. and maybe slightly exaggerate your situation and ask them if they can arrange an old fashioned season card.

I’ve found them very helpful in the past and always respond promptly, unlike the main enquires dept.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.