Season Tickets - 2024/25

Thanks for taking the time to respond but I won’t be buying a new phone to get into the ground
I don't blame you but it was also aimed at others who have PAH etc (it seems this won't be an option this coming season). The club is making it difficult for the relatively few supporters who are holding out and won't go mobile only. Even as a FOC I prefer mobile only as it is less ball ache but I understand why others do not want it.

Last edited:
The NFC on my Apple IPhone is broken and will cost £400+ to fix which I refuse to pay

I’ve previously been able to simply use the QR code to gain entry to the stadium.

Next season there are apparently no QR codes on tickets.

After several phone calls and emails the club have now told me the following and haven’t replied to subsequent emails

“As you are aware we no longer offer print at home due to becoming a fully mobile stadium.

If you don't hold a compatible smartphone then you can collect a printed receipt at the ticket office on the day of the game - this will allow you entry into the stadium.

Thanks,
Alannah
Manchester City”

Surely they can’t expect me to collect a printed ticket from the ticket office before every single game?

Who on City Matters should I approach about this?
Ive just had an email from City about the first home game of the season versus Ipswich Town.
The only mention of NFC capability on a mobile phone is with regard to the 10% discount that is available to season card holders at various outlets in the stadium ( drinks,food and souvenirs etc).
So if you don't have NFC on your smart phone,then you will not be able to claim your 10% discount.
But there is NO mention at all that you need to have NFC to be able to enter the stadium, I am 99% sure that you will still be able to enter the stadium via the QR code that will be read by inserting your phone into the slots at each turnstile all around The Etihad .

Thanks for taking the time to respond but I won’t be buying a new phone to get into the ground
I think you've been given duff info about the codes, even the club wouldn't be stupid enough not to inform all S/T holders that they couldn't use the code any longer, thousands use them at every match.

I think you've been given duff info about the codes, even the club wouldn't be stupid enough not to inform all S/T holders that they couldn't use the code any longer, thousands use them at every match.
Have a look at the ticket in your wallet for the Ipswich game - there’s no QR code. When I spoke someone in the ticket office she confirmed there is going to be no QR codes going forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.