Seasoncard - 2021/22

Seriously do any concert halls, theatres, and cinemas sell tickets and afterwards inform the purchasers that need a mobile phone of recent specification to get in?

The only question is not will City back down and permit some other form of entry - print at home or optical scans? - but when they will back down.
Think within 5 years nearly all tickets for everything will be mobile electronic tickets. Any other kind will be the exception.

Reactions: CC1
The club has been signposting this for years. Day to day life has been signposting this for years. It’s not crept up on anyone.

Every time there’s a change there’s the same handwringing and people announcing it’s the end. It was the same when terraces closed, the same when games were made all ticket, the same when season tickets became plastic cards. There’ll be some short term faffing and by Christmas everyone will be happily getting on with things.

Its not part of some grand Orwellian conspiracy, it’s just a reflection of how the world works.

Exactly. And when we did have cards there were loads of ST holders who were always so quick to come on here after receiving their new card - calling the gift “tin” of goodies a load of sh**e (despite the fact it included a great scarf!)

every step seems to be criticised by some

I guess the days are gone where if one of your group can’t make it for a variety of reasons ie work family commitments then a last minute substitution can’t take their place. I’m sure many new supporters came into suppprting football in this manner. City and football in general are shooting thereselves in foot again with this one. They may get away in the short term while they are top of the tree on the pitch but in the long run they are gonna alienate their core loyal fan base further. Sad state of affairs

If I can’t make the game, is there anything to stop me forwarding the email with the link for the ticket, to a friend? For them to open and put on their phone. Without them having to be on my F&F list.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, it what is all about. The mobile ticketing system is supplied by FortressGB and it is about data collection to 'get a 360 degree view of your fans' and 'driving revenues'. Marketing bullshit at its very best and I'm sure it has gone down a storm with the likes of Soriano et al.

I was going to post this yesterday but with all these mobile changes the among of extra data city will gain from this will be huge.

every granny, uncle, tout, neighbour and their dog will have a supporters number and profile. City can then target them with tickets and merc all day long. It really widens their supporter base!

I will wait patiently for the card to arrive in the tin with the other shite as I was told a card would be sent when I requested one.

If no card I will try to defer and if that isn’t an option I will cancel altogether .
I won’t have the piss taken out of me that’s for sure.

I’m all for progress but the sneaky way they have gone about this is not on tbh.

To attempt this in the current climate when we will also no doubt have to show vaccination passes at the same time may well cause bedlam at the turnstiles imo.

Why didn’t they trial it this season for the people who don’t mind or will prefer this method of entry with a % discount incentive ?

At least give people especially the older fans a season to get their head around it, not a fortnight to ‘pop down’ to a training session ffs!

I, like most folk go to the Etihad to watch the game and that’s that.
People don’t have the time or are too far away to just nip down.
I think they have made a rod for their own back and will have to deal with the consequences .
i think i will put both my tickets on the exchange for the first couple of games and watch on tv stress free with my 2 daughters who share a ticket (card) and see how it goes! just cant be arsed with it all anymore!

Exactly. And when we did have cards there were loads of ST holders who were always so quick to come on here after receiving their new card - calling the gift “tin” of goodies a load of sh**e (despite the fact it included a great scarf!)

every step seems to be criticised by some
but the cards worked at least lol!

Reactions: CC1
If I can’t make the game, is there anything to stop me forwarding the email with the link for the ticket, to a friend? For them to open and put on their phone. Without them having to be on my F&F list.
From the info on the City site the s/t is downloaded directly from the site to your phone, there is no email - that was just for the Everton game.

This is what i also want to know. Between us, my family have about 6 tickets and there are often occasions when one or more of us cannot go and we offer our seats to friends so that the seat isnt empty.

If everyone has to be a citizens member than most people at last minute wont be able to come.

So many people have become city fans through this type of last minute sub!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.