Seat Counters - 2024/25

How many games last season weren’t sold out? I imagine inter will be pretty much full and so will most games this season. Fans may be priced out but the reality is they will be replaced with new fans. Not saying it’s right, but that’s the reality.
As you and Scaring Europe to Death point indicate, the ground tends to be pretty full and there are a range of factors involved, not just price. For so called "lower demand games" like Watford, I could always givenmy Mum's carers free tickets because there would be Cup Scheme members in the Supporters Club in North Yorkshire who couldn't make the games. The carers are lifelong Blues and live with two miles of the Etihad but now struggle to get the time off work because of staffing shortages and working additional shifts. There will be lots of factors affecting people's ability to get to games and if some tourists can fill the gaps, they are very welcome.

Last edited:
But the UK based inter fans will be able to buy in the home sections with ease
Agreed and that's the case for most Champs League games. Large away followings in the home end are pretty rare. Apart from Celtic, I can only recall Everton in the League Cup semi final when that's happened. Yes, Real Madrid fans have been dotted around the stadium etc but it hasn't been much of an issue.

In regards to the Inter game the club will be desperately trying to get anybody in to fill some of the seats. Theyve greatly overestimated peoples desire to attend a CL group game and those prices are a joke - looking at the planner this morning theyll be a ton of empty seats, and theyll likely end up handing out freebies again at the last minute to try and fill some of the gaps.

just seen someone with less than 4000 loyalty points get allocated a bratislava away ticket over someone with 20000+ loyalty points in a supporters club, all due to the dynamic of the club

Price the season ticket holders out means they can get a tourist in who will also probably have to buy a membership and won't be shy in spending money in and around the stadium that's the whole point in over pricing the game. A few thousand empty seats won't bother the club they will have probably had over 3k new members that will be going to the game.

just seen someone with less than 4000 loyalty points get allocated a bratislava away ticket over someone with 20000+ loyalty points in a supporters club, all due to the dynamic of the club

I think that is the situation at most supporters clubs. Allocation of tickets is not based on points only.

I think that is the situation at most supporters clubs. Allocation of tickets is not based on points only.
Some on here say it is up to each branch to allocate them, others say some branches allocate based on points. Think both happen which is wrong. We should either have a loyalty system that works across branches or not. I suspect that person on 4k isn't on the cup scheme either so it does make a mockery of the whole system but then the club has made it a mockery with their handling of tickets over the years. For many (not necessarily in a branch) it's a question of who you know rather than how many points or cup schemes you are in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.