Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He’s basically fulfilling two roles though. I don’t get how you don’t see that? Bellingham is going deep to get the ball and Phil is left trying to stay inside, it didn’t work and that’s on Southgate but he won’t realise that
Not only that, but Foden was responsible for covering the LW/LM/LB area because Trippier has no pace and is defensively suspect. Having Arnold in midfield and Bellingham roaming around position-less didn’t help. Foden was by no mean at his best more generally, but he was not “anonymous” or “shite”. So many factors were conspiring to make a good performance very difficult. He was absolutely wasted in that role tonight and a standout performance was always unlikely under the constraints placed on him by Southgate (as has been the case many times). One of the reasons Bellingham can stand out is because he is given a free role and everyone else works to cover the issues that arise from it.

It’s just frustrating at times on here. So many have such a simplistic perspective on football, which is surprising coming from blues given Pep has been around for so many years. You would think their awareness and analysis would have become more sophisticated by now.

Plenty of people on Twitter quite rightly talking about Grealish. Huge mistake by Waistcoat to not take him.
Yeah especially when you consider Watkins and Toney are very unlikely to be needed and Bellingham can play as a striker as well if needed. Weird.

The people that slag Foden off don't watch him every week

won't hear it from me.
the boy is class and thought his work rate was good, won us important free kicks taking players on.
It's the opening game, one bloody match. the scrutiny on young players like him is a joke.

i know this isn't popular, but TAA does give us something different - there's not many players that have the range of passing he does, he can create and score and set pieces are a major factor in tournaments. I would stick with him in the centre midfield role where we lack options.
The best thing he did was go down the right of Saka and put a good cross into the box. Who would have thought that his best moment involved doing something in the position he's played his entire career? If his attacking threat is so vital to the team, then don't be such a pussy and play him instead of Walker. But waistcoat will never do that, because even in a tournament where it's harder to fail to get through to the knockout rounds than get knocked out, he's still ridiculously cautious and Walker is by miles the better defender.

Hell, you could even play him alongside Walker by having a back five, and have Stones come into midfield with Rice like he has for City. But TAA in midfield is an accident waiting to happen and I simply don't see this incredible range of passing that we keep hearing about. I see the odd long-range pass that any competent PL midfielder should be able to pull off nowadays. And his free kicks were pretty shit today too. Did he actually hit an England player or get a shot on target at any point?

Phil and his captain were invisible first half but they both grown into the game winning free kicks on a regular basis.
3 points is all that counts. Let's build on that Gallagher impressive sub performance too.

i know this isn't popular, but TAA does give us something different - there's not many players that have the range of passing he does, he can create and score and set pieces are a major factor in tournaments. I would stick with him in the centre midfield role where we lack options.
England can do without a quarterback with a 40% completion of passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.