Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i know this isn't popular, but TAA does give us something different - there's not many players that have the range of passing he does, he can create and score and set pieces are a major factor in tournaments. I would stick with him in the centre midfield role where we lack options.
He's wank, gave the ball away loads.

i know this isn't popular, but TAA does give us something different - there's not many players that have the range of passing he does, he can create and score and set pieces are a major factor in tournaments. I would stick with him in the centre midfield role where we lack options.
He lost the ball under pressure numerous times, three of which lead to some of the few real decent chances Serbia created.

He also constantly attempted long passes to absolutely no one. I think I read he had the lowest pass completion percentage of every player on the pitch, including Pickford.

Hence why he was hooked at 69 minutes (should have been much earlier) for… [checks notes] …Conor Gallagher.

He will be exploited as the weakest link along with Trippier by any half decent team.

Not only that, but Foden was responsible for covering the LW/LM/LB area because Trippier has no pace and is defensively suspect. Having Arnold in midfield and Bellingham roaming around position-less didn’t help. Foden was by no mean at his best more generally, but he was not “anonymous” or “shite”. So many factors were conspiring to make a good performance very difficult. He was absolutely wasted in that role tonight and a standout performance was always unlikely under the constraints placed on him by Southgate (as has been the case many times). One of the reasons Bellingham can stand out is because he is given a free role and everyone else works to cover the issues that arise from it.

It’s just frustrating at times on here. So many have such a simplistic perspective on football, which is surprising coming from blues given Pep has been around for so many years. You would think their awareness and analysis would have become more sophisticated by now.
Bang on. Unfortunately most people that watch England know nothing about football.

I thought England were OK first half, but they weren't great second half. I think Pickford is a bit of a problem, as he kept kicking it long to no one, when they needed to keep possession.

They will need to play much better if they face any top level teams.

Yes City. He can kick it long and can cross the ball and has pace but that is it.
We haven't "worked him out" though. We've worked liverpool out (Except at anfield, generally). I'm not a fan of Arnold at all - I think pointing out his passing as a "liability" is a bit disengenous.

I think it certain games it would work with him in there e.g teams that are happy to stand off so he has time and space to create but when a team isnt offering you need someone in there that can keep the ball moving five yard passes up the pitch, comfortable in position.
He (TAA) is a Beckham type. A good free kick or cross every now and again but everything else is largely average.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.