Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i know this isn't popular, but TAA does give us something different - there's not many players that have the range of passing he does, he can create and score and set pieces are a major factor in tournaments. I would stick with him in the centre midfield role where we lack options.

The problem is when we he comes up against better, more intelligent players, for example Ruiz, Pedri, Musiala, Wirtz these players will be searching for the pockets of space between the centre halves and midfielders and having watched TAA at right back, where the majority of the play is In front of you, I’m not convinced in midfield he is tactically astute enough to be in the correct position to block the passing lanes are have an awareness of those players around him.

The conundrum is who plays there instead. To me it should have been Bellingham and Foden moved more centrally. Everything Bellingham did tonight could, which in the main was excellent, he could have achieved as a 6 instead of a 10.

It’s not a slight on TAA here because I think he should play midfield, as I don’t think right back suits his skill set but think he needs to serve his time and fully develop in that role. Without a doubt he is an incredible passer, but still too many Hollywood balls.

If you watch say a Rodri, Kroos in that role they get from A-C by playing the ball to B, building the play and giving players time to transition to more offensive positions.

TAA wants to go straight to C and it often affects the build up of the team. Xavi, Busquets, Modric all the greats play the same way. Playing the way we did tonight we lost control of the match. Hopefully a lesson learned for Thursday.

Last edited:
A turgid display and clinging on to a 1-0 against a very average Serbia.

Trent isn't an elite midfielder, he's a reserve fullback.
Rice is an overrated lump who had zero impact on the game. Useless.
Bellingham, great goal followed by him striding around like a peacock to no effect for the rest of the game.
Foden, still on the beach. One of his worst performances of the season.
Saka... Why does the media love this lad? He's bang average. Jarrod Bowen did more in his first two minutes than 70 minutes of Saka.
Kane - Got even less service than Haaland does at City. May as well have stayed in the hotel.

Three points from a poor performance. Don't expect things to get easier, but at least 3rd place in the group should be safe.
England will probably get top spot as predicted but there is no sign they are going to win it.

Bellingham taking every cunts space, Kane dropping into midfield taking up more spaces. It’s mental that people want Foden to work miracles, he was poor tonight but it’s not entirely his fault. Could see him getting pissed because nobody has the bollocks to pass it him in tight areas.

Kane dropping deep winds me up, completely stops us having an out ball when we win possession back.
Whilst Bellingham is really good footballer, there’s a whiff of Scott “little scotty” Parker about him….a lot of bluff and bluster!

i know this isn't popular, but TAA does give us something different - there's not many players that have the range of passing he does, he can create and score and set pieces are a major factor in tournaments. I would stick with him in the centre midfield role where we lack options.
Your england love has reached toxic levels, can i recommend Eileen Drewery for a session or two?

Your england love has reached toxic levels, can i recommend Eileen Drewery for a session or two?

as i say, i don't rate him as a defender but i'd rather him centre mid than Gallagher or Mainoo - if we had better options then i wouldn't play him. however, he can create, set something up and score so he does offer threat.

Bellingham is a legend in his own mind, so arrogant, of course it’s good to be confident in your own ability but he is arrogant and thinks he’s better than what he is.

He is in danger of being Pogba 2.0

Very talented but wants to be the star player all the time. Doesn't just do the simple pass.

in the 2nd half he was never in the 10 spot as he was running round in everyone else's position.

as i say, i don't rate him as a defender but i'd rather him centre mid than Gallagher or Mainoo - if we had better options then i wouldn't play him. however, he can create, set something up and score so he does offer threat.
He set up Serbia’s best chance so you might be onto something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.