Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to go off topic slightly who was the German manager who was sniffing his fingers after scratching his arse ?
Joachim loew(?) not sure surname spelling but pronounced “” love!
I’d like to say Southgate but it’s been like this for what seems like decades. I think Venables might have been the last Manager to play it on the floor. Particularly bad tonight. Surely Rice is able to receive the ball from Pickford if Pickford doesn’t launch it.
think Venables played the most attractive football with England. Shame his private and commercial life was a problem

Joachim loew(?) not sure surname spelling but pronounced “” love!

think Venables played the most attractive football with England. Shame his private and commercial life was a problem
England were just very unlucky with that squad played by far the best football under any manager and it came down to millimetres the Gazza chance all about small margins..

just generally curious - hasn't Foden played most of his career for City on the left attacking side ? I know he's played more central last season or so and been superb, but before that he was on the left and he was still frighteningly good.
No, on the right. Pep plays left footed wingers on the right (Foden, Mahrez, Messi, Robben) and the other way round on the other flank. The theory is that this creates opportunities to invert into attacking mid, gives more passing angles, more through balls, and gives an advantage over most left-backs (who tend to be left footed) who struggle against wingers who cut inside into their weaker side.

No, on the right. Pep plays left footed wingers on the right (Foden, Mahrez, Messi, Robben) and the other way round on the other flank. The theory is that this creates opportunities to invert into attacking mid, gives more passing angles, more through balls, and gives an advantage over most left-backs (who tend to be left footed) who struggle against wingers who cut inside into their weaker side.

Ahh ok, for some reason I always thought he played left before now playing more central. Yes left footed players work well on the right , Saka and Bowen also. Just got to hope Foden can click there on the left as I can’t see the system changing. Really would love him to score v Denmark.

The thing with Arnold is he tries about 15 Hollywood passes a game, and maybe one comes off and it looks good.

Pretty much any player on the pitch could do exactly the same if that's all they tried when they get the ball. If you try it enough, one will come off. Hell, give me that many attempts and I'd fancy my chances of one looking half decent.

As an all round player he's completely mediocre at best.

It’s hard for wide players to impact the game when they receive the ball so deep. It’s why Saka also completely went out of the game 2nd half.
This. The real story was that the England midfield was getting overrun, especially once Tadić came on, causing the front three (Foden, Kane, Saka) to retreat more, which diminished their strengths.

I’d like to say Southgate but it’s been like this for what seems like decades. I think Venables might have been the last Manager to play it on the floor. Particularly bad tonight. Surely Rice is able to receive the ball from Pickford if Pickford doesn’t launch it.
Its either pickford being a clueless twat and launching it cos hes a bellend or southgate. Im going southgate with a sprinkle of Pickford who looks like hes had a half pound of coke when he plays.

Theres no way a team made up of 85% from the very top teams in england, spain and germany cant control a game and pass to each other. They play in teams that are on the front foot every week (until they play city) ;)

We clearly go in to retreat after we score. Trippier was high left first 15 mins and so we had foden and bellingham controlling the game cos we had numbers. The whole team was making space and passing it around beautifully. It was a strange sight and very welcome. I thought we’d turned the corner.

Then we scored. Tripper went back to a flat back 4 meaning Foden was completely isolated and had to stay left. We deteriorated the longer the game went on until low and behold it was Croatia 2018 all over again with endless hoofs to the opposition where it just came straight back at us, except Serbia luckily arent a patch on that team.

We have learned nothing. We have not progressed one bit. It was sunday league football from a team worth over a billion pounds. Dreadful stuff.

This is all on Southgate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.