Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ahh ok, for some reason I always thought he played left before now playing more central. Yes left footed players work well on the right , Saka and Bowen also. Just got to hope Foden can click there on the left as I can’t see the system changing. Really would love him to score v Denmark.
I don’t see the system changing either, but do expect Foden to have more opportunities to cut inside and receive on the half turn once Shaw returns and if Gordon plays (and Foden doesn’t get taken off). These players would give width and pose a real threat of a cross or cutback, which Trippier doesn’t threaten when playing as left-back.

One hopes a few games in the system will also get the players developing better instincts on when to pass to Foden.

We clearly go in to retreat after we score. Trippier was high left first 15 mins and so we had foden and bellingham controlling the game cos we had numbers. The whole team was making space and passing it around beautifully. It was a strange sight and very welcome. I thought we’d turned the corner.

Then we scored. Tripper went back to a flat back 4 meaning Foden was completely isolated and had to stay left. We deteriorated the longer the game went on until low and behold it was Croatia 2018 all over again with endless hoofs to the opposition where it just came straight back at us, except Serbia luckily arent a patch on that team.
Sums it up perfectly.

And like clockwork the media are blaming Foden—not Arnold or Trippier (or even Kane)—for the overall poor England performance, whilst not only praising Bellingham but saying Foden needs to aspire to his greatness.
Of course. Foden can only dream of winning a domestic league and UCL final. He must be desperate to achieve the fucking invisibility of Bellingham in big games as Vinicius Jnr does every fucking thing.

Notice too when the pressure was on and we needed go keep the ball, Rice went in to hiding again. Foden was in front of pickford asking for it more than him. Thats where Rodri would have stepped up.

The thing with Arnold is he tries about 15 Hollywood passes a game, and maybe one comes off and it looks good.

Pretty much any player on the pitch could do exactly the same if that's all they tried when they get the ball. If you try it enough, one will come off. Hell, give me that many attempts and I'd fancy my chances of one looking half decent.

As an all round player he's completely mediocre at best.
Same with his free kicks . They were dreadful

He is in danger of being Pogba 2.0

Very talented but wants to be the star player all the time. Doesn't just do the simple pass.

in the 2nd half he was never in the 10 spot as he was running round in everyone else's position.
He had to tbf because 'Trent' was doing Jack shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.