Serbia v England - Sun 16th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carried Real Madrid is stretching it. Isn't any different to what Phil Foden had achieved and he got less adulation from the neutrals.
Foden has just rightly won both the major Player of the Season awards are rightly so.

Foden is held in high regard from the vast majority of opposition fans.

To be fair, he is very, very good and has the potential to become one of the best players ever.

That said, there's an arrogance about the lad that just doesn't sit right with me personally, or I suspect with many other City fans.

He comes across as having a similar attitude to C Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, or Pogba. Not the 'type' that we (City) are usually attracted to... more a 'rag type' of player.

To be very honest, I'm glad we didn't get him. I really don't think he'd fit in at the club - He’s already too big for his own boots.
I would completely agree.

He has got a serious edge to him but I think at this time he has earned the right, his biggest issue is maintaining that level and adding to it, because if his levels drop he will have a backlash because of that ego.

Kane wants to be the hero
Taa wants to be the hero
Bellingham wants to be the hero
Rice wants to be the hero.

England are not a team, these players know Phil is years ahead of them in ability. They don't want the spot light taken of them so don't pass to Phil.

That clip of Bellingham doing 4 or 5 jinks passed the defender, for what ? Phil is free on the edge of the box but all Bellingham is thinking is 'look at me'. Pep would go ballistic if a City player did that.

The City squad doesn't have egos it's all about the team winning. Phil naturally doesn't have an ego because of the environment he has been brought up in.

Phil also doesn't play park the bus, doesn't play hoofball.

Foden has just rightly won both the major Player of the Season awards are rightly so.

Foden is held in high regard from the vast majority of opposition fans.
Not so sure about that has he copped for it the most after the performance vs Serbia

To be fair, he is very, very good and has the potential to become one of the best players ever.

That said, there's an arrogance about the lad that just doesn't sit right with me personally, or I suspect with many other City fans.

He comes across as having a similar attitude to C Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, or Pogba. Not the 'type' that we (City) are usually attracted to... more a 'rag type' of player.

To be very honest, I'm glad we didn't get him. I really don't think he'd fit in at the club - He’s already too big for his own boots.
It’s hard to question his ability, he’s a great player. At this moment in time though he’s too often guilty of playing for himself. Hopefully when he matures as a player he will become more rounded and then we will see the very best of him which will benefit the national team much more than he does now.
A winning goal against Serbia only papers over the fact that once you start facing the best in the tournament you have to utilise the players around you more or it’ll be hometime.

He was poor, England were poor but it's tournament football, it's how you end that matters.

Looks at Argentina in the last WC, remember their first match?
They did improve after losing to Saudi Arabia but still had to win on penalties against Netherlands and France. The difference is there is no real sign of improvement from England and any half decent side would fully exploit that. Shoe horning TAA in midfield will not get them far or the second half performance from Bellingham either. Although it not a complete excuse for Foden he isn't comfortable on the left in Southgate's set up.

I would counter that that Phil carried City this season in a much tougher league than Bellingham
Bellinghams season was very much like a snapshot of his 90 minute individual games. Started on fire, scored, assisted, made himself the centre of attention in the media and deservedly received all the plaudits but then crested on that wave and finished fairly averagely including going missing in most CL games.
Once he gets to a consistent level then fair play, he could possibly be regarded as one of the best about but he’s not there yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.