Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copied from news now : Manchester City are favourites to sign Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero, according to the Daily Star, despite Chelsea being in the mix for the star.

Juventus are also said to be in the running for Aguero’s signature, but Manchester City are reportedly in advanced talks to bring the Argentinian to Eastlands as soon as this weekend.

Aguero has been rated at £35 million, and while Chelsea were hopeful of securing the star, City have moved in and insisted they will outbid any competitors.

Griff93 said:
I would love it if we signed him. Absolutely love it.
Kevin-Keegan-I-would-love-it_1163979.jpg

Argentina forward Sergio Aguero may yet have a future at Atletico Madrid, according to his father, despite reported interest from Manchester City and Juventus.

Aguero declared his intention to leave Atletico at the end of last season, sparking speculation he could move to cross-city rivals Real Madrid. Madrid's interest since appears to have cooled, but City and Juve are still being linked with the 23-year-old, who is currently away with Argentina at the Copa America.

"He will play with Atletico Madrid - he has two years to run on his contract," Leo Aguero told Radio La Red.

When pressed, however, Aguero senior claimed he was in the dark over his son's future.

"I don't know yet (where he will be playing)," he said.
Atletico captain Antonio Lopez is keeping his fingers crossed that Aguero, who has scored over 100 goals in five seasons at the club, will still be a Rojiblanco player next season.

And he believes the Atletico supporters would welcome Aguero back if he changed his mind about quitting the club.

He said: "Every team wants a guy like Kun (Aguero). I've played with very few players of this quality.

"Right now he is an Atletico Madrid player and we await him with open arms. I'm sure that there is not going to be any sort of problems with the fans."

It looks to me as if he is saying at the moment he is staying at Atletico because nothing is going on currently . But in regards to the future , his agent says he doesn't know , so I still think there is a massive chance of us going for him and signing him.

The lad is quality and is the one player I want above every other this summer . He is the ideal replacement for Carlos and in some aspects he is the better player.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
So, first he says he is staying, then a couple of seconds later he says nothing? What is the point in that article?
Looks like he's saying his son would rather stay at Atletico than go to Juventus (only club with an official bid so far) which makes sense as its not a step up.

If its correct that Junventus are the only team to put an official bid in......why are we waiting to bid???????

Get in there and get it sorted....we know we HAVE to replace tevez.....this guy would be ideal

We have a very strong basis of a squad...with the aquisition of Gael I think we have strengthened in one key area....however the loss (probably) of tevez will weaken us drastically......it is imperative that we address this as asap......this is now the most important decision of RM's tenure so far

simon23 said:
If its correct that Junventus are the only team to put an official bid in......why are we waiting to bid???????

Get in there and get it sorted....we know we HAVE to replace tevez.....this guy would be ideal

We have a very strong basis of a squad...with the aquisition of Gael I think we have strengthened in one key area....however the loss (probably) of tevez will weaken us drastically......it is imperative that we address this as asap......this is now the most important decision of RM's tenure so far
^^This^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.