Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueCityfan said:
20sbc07 said:
avoidconfusion said:
Cannot see us splash 39m on Aguero to be honest. Not with the FFPR looming.

The only reason we'd go for him is if Tevez is on his way out. Apparently City value Tevez at 50m so we'd be making a profit replacing him with Aguero.

Tevez might be valued at 50m...but there is no chance anyone would pay that. Maybe half of that, MAX.

Aguero would probably cost more than Tevez.

Half of 50m?? So 25m?
So what your saying is Tevez is worth no more than Darren Bent!
The Darren Bent deal was 24m including bonus's

Your saying that Andy Carroll is worth more than Tevez?
Veron was better than Tevez?
Fools sake Swp went to Chelsea for 21m!!

Take your rag hat off or go back to Trafford you WUM.

Castiel said:
TaylorWill07 said:
25million for arguably the best striker in the world hahaha. im glad your not in charge of our club.
Messi is the best striker in the world and there is no argument about it unless you consider Ronaldo a striker as well, then there's room for debate.

That said, 25m for Tevez is the most ridiculous thing I've read this morning, and I read bluemoon!

obviously messi is better but i dont count him as a forward mate, neither ronaldo.

TaylorWill07 said:
Castiel said:
TaylorWill07 said:
25million for arguably the best striker in the world hahaha. im glad your not in charge of our club.
Messi is the best striker in the world and there is no argument about it unless you consider Ronaldo a striker as well, then there's room for debate.

That said, 25m for Tevez is the most ridiculous thing I've read this morning, and I read bluemoon!

obviously messi is better but i dont count him as a forward mate, neither ronaldo.

Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta

Villa - Messi - Pedro

What else could you call that position? He can play in 5 of those 6 positions if thats what you meant?

Castiel said:
TaylorWill07 said:
Castiel said:

Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta

Villa - Messi - Pedro

What else could you call that position? He can play in 5 of those 6 positions if thats what you meant?

thats like saying city .... toure dejong barry
..................................ballotelli tevez silva

but silva isnt a forward...

i see what your getting at, and i do agree he can play as a striker and has a strikers record however in my opinion he is not a striker, if you had to name ONE position that messi plays you would not say centre forward. you would say either just behind the striker or attacking right/left wing.

TaylorWill07 said:
thats like saying city .... toure dejong barry
..................................ballotelli tevez silva

but silva isnt a forward...

i see what your getting at, and i do agree he can play as a striker and has a strikers record however in my opinion he is not a striker, if you had to name ONE position that messi plays you would not say centre forward. you would say either just behind the striker or attacking right/left wing.
True neither Messi or Ronaldo are pure centre forwards like Tevez/Eto'o/Torres/van Persie.

Twilo73 on twitter.. A chap that seems to know what is going on at (and inside quite often) Real Madrid has been tweeting about Aguero..

Many asking: Aguero is definitely being shopped around Europe (EPL & Italy especially). He wants out. Wants a regular Champions League team.

Real Madrid is an option because they want him. But Aguero doesn't want to piss off Atletico fans. Doesn't want to look like a bad guy.

Juicy tidbit: Mou doesn't particularly love either Benzema and Higuain. He definitely wants to bring in another forward.

banbury_blue said:
Twilo73 on twitter.. A chap that seems to know what is going on at (and inside quite often) Real Madrid has been tweeting about Aguero..

Many asking: Aguero is definitely being shopped around Europe (EPL & Italy especially). He wants out. Wants a regular Champions League team.

Real Madrid is an option because they want him. But Aguero doesn't want to piss off Atletico fans. Doesn't want to look like a bad guy.

Juicy tidbit: Mou doesn't particularly love either Benzema and Higuain. He definitely wants to bring in another forward.

Won't be Benzema, Chairman's favourite and his buy as well.

Swap deal with Ade whether Tevez is staying or not. This is our chance to get a top top striker and the best goal poacher there is.

banbury_blue said:

I don't want to offend anybody here but this is why I think Liverpool and even City is unlikely. Liverpool is no longer a regular and City isn't proven. He's leaving an unproven, sporadic CL team and wants to join a proven contender for that trophy (as well as their domestic titles) and that just isn't Liverpool anymore, or City at the moment.

Both sides of Milan, Real (depending on how much of a douche he is), Barcelona or Chelsea look the most likely (considering his price and the status he's looking for). By my knowledge of Chelsea I can't see him coming here because he'd be surplus to requirements but Abramovich does like to make signings like this so can't rule it out. I think he's outpriced United and Arsenal but Inter sounds like the safest bet.

Castiel said:
banbury_blue said:

I don't want to offend anybody here but this is why I think Liverpool and even City is unlikely. Liverpool is no longer a regular and City isn't proven. He's leaving an unproven, sporadic CL team and wants to join a proven contender for that trophy (as well as their domestic titles) and that just isn't Liverpool anymore, or City at the moment.

Both sides of Milan, Real (depending on how much of a douche he is), Barcelona or Chelsea look the most likely (considering his price and the status he's looking for). By my knowledge of Chelsea I can't see him coming here because he'd be surplus to requirements but Abramovich does like to make signings like this so can't rule it out. I think he's outpriced United and Arsenal but Inter sounds like the safest bet.

That post shows a distinct lack of understanding of what City's standing actually is amongst European football. Whether or not we're a 'regular' CL team today has no baring on the fact we more than likely will go on to be one in the coming decade. Aguero is no more sought after than Silva, Balo, or even Tevez were when they moved to City.

Having said all that, I believe that he's viciously overpriced and only Roman is going to be stupid enough to stump up that kind of cash for a player who has only every done it in fits and starts rather than consistently over a whole season. Same as I can see him spunking way over the odds on Neymar too...and even Lukaku if push comes to shove and the boy really wants to go there rather than come to City.

Castiel said:
banbury_blue said:

We have as much chance as the next club mate even better imo, we are def a club to be feared but also will not be mugged off (as wrighty puts it) would be a great signing if the price was right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.